Type keyword(s) to search

Stargate Origins - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Oh! Right! I was just thinking she had one too many tokes—and I was gaging the effects by 1970s grades.

Actually I was thinking more of Wasif's post-healing amnesia but that's good too. :-) 

• Love 1

So in the final episode we find out why the tablet with the Stargate coordinates was broken when Daniel found it. And Aset set up everything that happened in the movie (Kasuf as the leader of Nagada and the team to destroy Ra). And I knew James was going to die because he wasn't there when Aset wiped Catherine and her father's memories.

I completely forgot about it yesterday. So, they released all 3 episodes?  I thought originally it was supposed to be 2 each week. Does that mean it didn't do as well as they expected?

I don't know what the intended schedule was. But with 3 episodes in the first week they had an odd number left so it was either 3 episodes this week or leave one lonely episode for next week.

9 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I don't know what the intended schedule was. But with 3 episodes in the first week they had an odd number left so it was either 3 episodes this week or leave one lonely episode for next week.

One lonely episode next week. Or, in regular series parlance, "the finale."

I have grown to like this webisode format. 

And these last 2 felt very SG1 to me—with the addition of a more enlightened, 21st century view of gender.

I haven't seen the movie in a long while so I didn't make the connection that Kasuf was Daniel's father-in-law.  I didn't quite get what the deal was with the baby (who's totally dead along with everyone in the temple with Aset right?).  I'm assuming this connected to something I don't remember from SG1?

• Love 1
On 2018-04-25 at 3:25 AM, theredhead77 said:

So, worth it? I haven't taken the plunge yet.

Overall it's only 45 min. or so long. But, it's not the same SG, it's more of a comedic relief kind of thing. Even gaulds there are different.

For those with an Amazon Prime subscription, this is currently free on Prime Video as a single 104 minute video, "Stargate Origins: Catherine."

It wasn't great, but it was worth watching. Though, I wasn't a fan of the planet being "Abydos All Along" nor the mind-control instructions at the end (which undercut the plot and motivations of the original film).  Spirited Catherine didn't bother me too much.  If this had been developed into a full series, I think Catherine would have become the original "Black Widow" of the Gateverse.

• Love 2