Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Poached Eggs

4 hours ago, The Companion said:

I actually thought it might be a nod to her upbringing. She is choosing conservative clothes, but her idea of conservative is a little more revealing and just a little tighter than you would expect because her frame of reference is a house where people are wandering around naked. 

I think that this is part of it.  What always strikes me is that they don't really fit.  I think they are supposed to look a bit awkward or uncomfortable and your idea would help explain why she doesn't get it right.  It reinforces the idea that she isn't comfortable in her own skin and never has been.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

I think that this is part of it.  What always strikes me is that they don't really fit.  I think they are supposed to look a bit awkward or uncomfortable and your idea would help explain why she doesn't get it right.  It reinforces the idea that she isn't comfortable in her own skin and never has been.

I agree; it emphasizes how she's put on a persona of childlike innocence and an idealized old-fashionedness, which matches who she actually is less and less. She's outgrown that phase by far, but didn't want to let go and move on. Now, post-niffin and without magic, she's antsy and agitated and even less comfortable in the body of her former life that she's been shoved back into. Her mind and shade or whatever are struggling with being contained and limited.

4 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

Because this is a TV show, people don't change their clothes unless it serves the narrative so here we are. Alice is still in pastel too-tight sweaters and Julia is still in jeans and tshirts even though they've attained a parity in terms of their motivations and concerns.

Very true! On Veronica Mars, they wanted a way for viewers to easily distinguish between Duncan and Logan so in the pilot, Duncan wore blues  shirts while Logan wore orange or green shirts. They continued that long after we knew who was who.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:25 PM, HunterHunted said:

How does Quentin Coldwater get this much ass?

It's enough to make you grow your hair long and stop washing it. Eww, never mind. Almost enough.

But I think I can pull off the emo whining if need be.

Edited by CigarDoug
On 2/28/2018 at 3:03 PM, Hanahope said:

And was the deal to get the tub just to make sure all of Fillory could see the fairies?  I thought it also had something to do with making the fairies dry out. 

The deal was the tub (a personal item belonging to the queen) for the eggs. She agreed to it, then they clarified that the deal was with all of Narnia Fillory. The tub could have been ANYTHING that belonged to the queen, the whole point was by making the deal, everyone in Fillory could see the fairies. I think the tub was the only personal thing the queen brought from fairyland.

35 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Jason Ralph had a guest stint over on Younger that involved a love triangle. We were all stupefied that Lizzie McGuire would chose Quentin Coldwater over Marcel Gerard.

I don't watch that but lol. I think Jason Ralph (and his awesome hair) is pretty fine but no you don't chose him over CMD/Marcel who might be one of the best looking guys I've ever seen. I think The Originals probably gets the award for best looking cast ever, but this show is right there with it. Yeah, I'm shallow. Proudly. ;)

• Love 2