Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Domenick Abbate

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Domenick Abbate (Naviti Tribe)

Hometown: Nesconset, New York
Current residence: Nesconset, New York

Three words to describe you: Calculated, intuitive, and empathetic.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I grew up in a house with eight siblings. Lack of food, clothes, and showers are something I'm accustomed to. This game should be a walk in the park.

Domenick Abbate's Full Bio

Three or four people have already pegged where he is from.  Not sure what that says about him.  Don't know that he will be someone I'm rooting for but sounds like he will make the game more interesting so thats good.   The yoga instructor says she wants to be the one to bring chaos?  Ooof

3 hours ago, marys1000 said:

Three or four people have already pegged where he is from.  Not sure what that says about him.  Don't know that he will be someone I'm rooting for but sounds like he will make the game more interesting so thats good.   The yoga instructor says she wants to be the one to bring chaos?  Ooof

I feel like she's trying too hard.  So we have Laurel who wants to be the Queen of big moves and be remembered, and Stephanie who wants to start her legacy as being a professional Survivor contestant by being the Queen of Chaos (sorry, Kass already took that title).  I don't usually root for the women to get picked off, but this season, they are making it easy.

As for Domenick-I don't really have a read on him.  My first thought was a villain like Joe from HHH or Tony.  But I totally hope he outlasts Ms. Organized Chaos. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

So Jacob gets screwed yet again in the edit for unconvincingly trying to pull off a fake idol story to his tribe, then blabbing to the first person that wants to play game with him the truth. 

Then there's Dom, who finds the real idol, lies about to Chris, yet makes a fake one and actually has the note to back it up, then tells Chris that's his idol.  I feel like it was a 'what to do/not to do' comparison for poor Jacob.  I think, being a fan of this show, I'd be crushed getting an edit like him.  Of course I'm not all that interesting, so I'd probably be the invisible girl everyone forgets about until the reunion, then wonders who I am.

Not sure how Domenick's story will pay off.  He at least does have a real idol.  Wonder if this will backfire on him and he ends up getting voted off with it in his pocket.  Though it'd be entertaining if Chris believed the fake idol was the real one, and that's what he was looking for if he thought Dom went home with it in his pocket, and it got re-buried at camp.  Since Chris still thinks he's the leader, I'd love to see him get taken out because of Dom's idol (real or fake).  Maybe that's why they're showcasing Jay's fake idol so much, because someone falls victim to it this season.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Not sure how Domenick's story will pay off.

Me neither. According to Domenick, the note was what Chris paid attention to, since it can't be faked, and the note tells Chris that Domenick has a hidden immunity idol. The fact that the idol Domenick showed Chris is not the real one is irrelevant unless he gives it to Chris. I think the point of Domenick's plan is to give Chris the fake idol so that Chris won't target him, and then if he can get a majority to vote for Chris (or get him on an idol bounce), Chris won't have the protection he thinks he has. But it's weird and if Chris ends up on the jury because of it, I feel like it'll be precisely the sort of "big move" that does not get rewarded (assuming Domenick makes it to the end)—at least not by the person who was the target of it, or his friends on the jury.

One possible unintended consequence might be if Domenick gives Chris the fake idol, and then Chris passes it to someone else, it could bounce an entirely different target from the one Domenick had intended, revealing Domenick's duplicity to Chris, while leaving both in the game. Alternatively, if Domenick gives Chris the fake idol and then has to play his real one, he'll have to come up with a convincing story about how he got two idols.

• Love 1

Domenick is this season's mid-season interview with Dalton Ross. 

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/10/survivor-domenick-abbate-merge-interview/

He states here that him and Chelsea threw the challenge to get rid of Bradley:

"That being said, I took a lot of pride in my efforts this episode: Actually a joint effort between myself and Chelsea where we had agreed to throw the immunity challenge in an effort to vote out Bradley. Here’s where it got tricky. At the immunity challenge, we had to sit one person out. Everybody agreed that Chelsea should sit out because she wasn’t our strongest swimmer. I couldn’t argue with the group for obvious reasons. It was now up to me, and me alone to throw the challenge which explains my Phelps-like swimming performance and those fantastic sideways swan leaps into the water."

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LanceM said:

Domenick is this season's mid-season interview with Dalton Ross. 

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/10/survivor-domenick-abbate-merge-interview/

He states here that him and Chelsea threw the challenge to get rid of Bradley:

"That being said, I took a lot of pride in my efforts this episode: Actually a joint effort between myself and Chelsea where we had agreed to throw the immunity challenge in an effort to vote out Bradley. Here’s where it got tricky. At the immunity challenge, we had to sit one person out. Everybody agreed that Chelsea should sit out because she wasn’t our strongest swimmer. I couldn’t argue with the group for obvious reasons. It was now up to me, and me alone to throw the challenge which explains my Phelps-like swimming performance and those fantastic sideways swan leaps into the water."

So the reason they didn't "show" them throwing the challenge was because Bradely was going home. Couldn't they still have showed both storylines? Just because they threw it doesn't mean it would have spoiled them voting Bradley out. I'm kind of torn. Would it have spoiled it?

If they showed the throwing of the challenge story line then we all would have known Bradley was going home. And I would have been fine with that because I kind of enjoy watching the blind sheep walking into the wolf pen thinking he is chilling with other sheep.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

If they showed the throwing of the challenge story line then we all would have known Bradley was going home. And I would have been fine with that because I kind of enjoy watching the blind sheep walking into the wolf pen thinking he is chilling with other sheep.

Agree.  Sometimes it's fun to be surprised, as a viewer, but other times, it's just so satisfying to see a complicated plan actually work.  Especially when the target is someone execrable like Bradley.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Yep. My favorite example of this is when Roger got the boot all the way back in Amazon. The editors didn't even try to set up a believable decoy boot. 

• Love 1