Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E24: Deep Trouble (1)

• Start Topic

When the NCIS: Los Angeles team and DEA uncover the cartel's plans to slyly transport billions of dollars’ worth of cocaine from Colombia to the U.S. using a submarine, Callen and Sam must quickly locate the missing vessel. Meanwhile, Hetty is called to Washington in the aftermath of the controversial mission in Afghanistan.

Season finale!

So is there a back story about a Navy SEAL who doesn't want to board a submarine? It sounds like Special Forces Airborne Ranger BA Baracus being afraid to fly.

• Love 1

While I'm glad we're not left with the cliffhanger like last year.  But I found this episode to be lacking.

And what's up with all the Deeks punching?  I know it's supposed to be comical, but I'm getting tired of it and it's ceasing to be funny for me.

I had to pause the DVR I was laughing so hard when Talia and Kensi were both puffing their chests, unbuttoning their shirts, and showing off their boobs in a hysterical silent cock fight.

• Love 1

So is there a back story about a Navy SEAL who doesn't want to board a submarine? It sounds like Special Forces Airborne Ranger BA Baracus being afraid to fly.

I think it was all done just for a bit of comic relief, exactly like BA Baracus:) Good comparison! Then too,  it was a very tiny little submarine, more like a toy than a real sub.

Have we ever been told why Nell is Hetty's go-to girl?  And why did she get a hug and Kensi got the brush-off?  Was it guilt on Hetty's part that she wouldn't answer Kensi?

• Love 1

The comic relief on this show rarely works for me. That along with the happy music score playing in the background while tracking down a terrorist with WMDs.  I was hoping the oh no submarine thing was some kind of standing joke between the partners, not a one shot joke about an actual condition which would be a career threatening condition for a SEAL, Agent Hanna

(edited)
The comic relief on this show rarely works for me.

Weirdly enough, I'm just the opposite! The high energy humor is a huge part of what makes the character interactions and overall tone of the show likable enough for me to still tune in sometimes despite feeling the plots themselves are beyond terrible. I actually think the show is a mess when it tries to be 'angsty' and overly serious. But sometimes the humor does cross that line from enjoyable to annoyingly juvenile and, ugh, words cannot describe how much I hated Kensi and Talia's behavior over Deeks. I've only seen a handful of episodes this season anyway and am kind of at the point where I just want them either to put Deeks and Kensi together officially or more firmly slam the door on the possibility of them pairing up any time in the near future. This silly, drawn out 'will they/won't they' merry-go-round has already gotten really annoying for me. 

Edited by mstaken

Raja - I think Sam's fear of enclosed spaces dates from when he was buried alive (flashbacks in season 2 ep Little Angels).

Anna - Kensi has not only crossed over into asshole territory, she has firmly planted her flag and claimed that territory as her own. 

• Love 1

Have we ever been told why Nell is Hetty's go-to girl? 

I would like to know why Hetty's having Nell get her a flight to DC.  Aren't there administrative folks for that?  Unless Nell was to go off and have the admin staff take care of the flight and not make the arrangements herself.

• Love 1
(edited)

And what's up with all the Deeks punching?  I know it's supposed to be comical, but I'm getting tired of it and it's ceasing to be funny for me.

Completely agree.  I have no problem with the status of the relationship --- which, if I read "Three Hearts" correctly, is Deeks holding back because of fear that the intimacy will affect his job performance while maintaining his commitment to her (raccoons mate for life),  That's fine, and probably more realistic (within the confines of a silly, escapist show).  But the punching?  STOP.  anna0852 is right.

I have a friend who works at CBS as she has assured me in the past that Linda Hunt is not leaving -- but it sure as hell looks like they've left the possibility open for her.  It's a problem they created when they hired her in the first place -- Linda Hunt is irreplaceable.  Full stop.

It's interesting that they've already filmed the first two episodes of next season, which will give continuity for the [milder] cliffhanger.  If Linda were leaving, they could be wrapping up Hetty's storyline (Nooooooo!) n those first two eps as well.

Edited by mrsdalgliesh
  • Love 1
It's interesting that they've already filmed the first two episodes of next season

They filmed the season premiere, Deep Trouble [part 2] and they filmed the Chris O'Donnell directed episode .. but that's not the 2nd episode of the season.