Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Craig & Zoe

I feel sad.  Max's hair is thinning.  I love Max's hair.

This show needs to switch it up some.  Because this was yet another overweight person hiding behind a fake profile with extra added denial as regards her totally assholic behavior.  Still, I don't know that she was any more destructive then Mhissy was.  Her shit-stirring just reached a wider circle of people.  I did like that Max seemed the most annoyed by her bullshit, probably because I like Max.  And his hair.  Which I think I mentioned.

• Love 2

I wasn't planning to watch this season until I heard a commercial say someone catfished an entire town so I set the dvr.  I was disappointed.  The town seemed to be no more than Craig, his sister and a few of her friends.  I had hopes that they had found someone who had duped an actual town for money or something, 

• Love 1

Max always seems to be the most annoyed with people, which is why I prefer him to Nev. it seems like Nev always gives the catfish an out. He reminds me of Dr. Drew, always making excuses for the catfish or leading the catfish to make up lame excuses. He's too sympathetic and nice!

• Love 2
(edited)

Max always seems to be the most annoyed with people, which is why I prefer him to Nev. it seems like Nev always gives the catfish an out. He reminds me of Dr. Drew, always making excuses for the catfish or leading the catfish to make up lame excuses. He's too sympathetic and nice!

Yes, Max any day of the week over Nev! I don't even think Nev's wide eyed optimist is authentic. Which makes me like what Nev does even less. His trying to give the Catfisher an out, as a way to gain them undeserved sympathy, comes off as very false. 

I wasn't planning to watch this season until I heard a commercial say someone catfished an entire town so I set the dvr.  I was disappointed.  The town seemed to be no more than Craig, his sister and a few of her friends.  I had hopes that they had found someone who had duped an actual town for money or something,

The way it was promoted and built up did the episode no favors. I thought it'd be something along the lines of a Catfisher faking some kind of illness and garnering tons of sympathy. No, it was just some fat chick screwing around with a guy and his friends. They really over exaggerated it. Definitely not the episode to start off the new season.   

Edited by jonesingjay
(edited)

I really hope that girl that Cassandra was threatening to post nude photos of was not underage. I think they said she was in highschool...I don't think they would have had her on the show if she wasn't 18, would they? I haven't paid much attention to the ages of previous guests, I guess I always assumed they were adults. Either way, it's not classy for her to keep nude photos of girls in highschool. (Or in general!) Yes, the girl took the photos, yes, she sent them to someone, but Cassandra still shouldn't have them and hang them over her head like that. I hope both of them learn a lesson from this, but judging by Cassandra's recent comments on the Catfish facebook page, she hasn't.

Edited by rose313
  • Love 1

Because this was yet another overweight person hiding behind a fake profile with extra added denial 

I have only just discovered this show, so I have been watching a lot of the repeats. I agree with you that the 'catfish' people are overweight, and generally unattractive. But why do they not state the obvious? Why not say, "I created a fake profile because you would never have responded to someone who looks like me"? That Cassandra/Zoe person was so stupid, I was embarrassed for her.