Type keyword(s) to search

Scheduling and Ratings: A Clusterf*(k

As the next season approaches, post your rant about the ridiculous scheduling paradigm here.

And yes, I'm assuming it will be the same deal as last time. Because Rebecca Eaton hates me.

• Love 1

Watching Graham Norton last night, BBC America had a commercial that they are showing Sherlock starting November 8th. I know Masterpiece/PBS is a producer of the show--I assume they still have first US airing rights?  Even with the delay, I'd rather watch it on PBS then go crazy with BBC America's incessant commercials. 

Watching Graham Norton last night, BBC America had a commercial that they are showing Sherlock starting November 8th. I know Masterpiece/PBS is a producer of the show--I assume they still have first US airing rights?  Even with the delay, I'd rather watch it on PBS then go crazy with BBC America's incessant commercials. 

I about had a heart attack.  I thought I had been in a coma and it's 2015 already.  So after research, I get it that BBC America just acquired the rights to Sherlock and will be showing it from the beginning.  Whew.

• Love 3

However, it's very likely that all episodes will be replayed ... my schedule for next Sunday has 7 Thathers twice with the new 'lying detective" in between. 

I think Netflix has all past seasons/episodes and some extra specials stuff. but I would not be terribly surprised if -- like Downton -- PBS keeps playing them for free, on TeeVee during fund raising, etc. -- assuming this show doesn't crash and burn ... 

• Love 1

Seeing this topic at the top of the page reminds me... what the heck are they thinking with the scheduling of the season finale?

When I saw and ad for Victoria starting on January 15th, I thought perhaps we were just getting two episodes of Sherlock this time. (I avoid all media about this show so I don't get spoiled.) But now I see that there is a third episode, but for some reason they're airing it two hours early, instead of the regular Masterpiece time. 

It's so early it's not even in prime time in my time zone! How many people are going to turn on their TV that night, or fire up the DVR, and get the last two minutes?

I don't understand their logic of airing arguably their "buzziest" show and biggest live viewing draw outside of its usual slot. Why not just start Victoria on the 22nd?

• Love 3

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/05/sherlock-ratings-season-4/

USA ratings down from last year (3.7 versus 4.0 million), up a bit from Abominable Bride ...  It's on at 6 pm central mountain time -- still perplexing since many people preset their DVR for the season and may miss it.  However, it is scheduled for 2 hours (USA 7 thatchers was 88 minutes)  

Had no idea Sherlock's USA audience was so small even at 4, UK's now "lower" numbers was 8.1 ... 

Preview of Victoria look air-brushed and Victorian Valentine ... hoping I'm wrong.   Apparently it's gained a enormous audience in the UK and favorable reviews for its audience appeal ... see also Downton. 

Edited by SusanSunflower