Type keyword(s) to search

S04: Matt: Prison Chaplain

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

MATT

As a Prison Chaplain, Matt’s innate love of human beings was tested to its limits when he witnessed firsthand how inmates were treated. After years of working as a Chaplain at a State Prison, Matt finally had enough of the administration’s lack of vision and support as well as ongoing inmate manipulation and recidivism, and he resigned his post. This program would allow Matt to jump back into the work he left behind and finally enable him to advocate for human rights and reform in the Criminal Justice System.

Matt holds Bachelor’s Degrees in Political Science and Philosophy, and advanced academic degrees in Religious Studies and Theology. He is currently working as an Adjunct Professor and Hospice Chaplain helping sick patients and their loved ones peacefully transition. Matt is also a former international level boxer and current MMA Trainer and believes he will be able to protect himself if a confrontation were to occur while inside the facility. His only fear is the safety of his son Andrew, but he is confident Andrew will be able to hold his own inside.

Colonel Adger believes Matt’s experience as a Prison Chaplain would allow him to easily befriend the inmates and put them at ease, giving him access to valuable information that can improve the safety of the facility.

He looks like Crazy Jesus,  but both he and his son are totally my type.  I would like to be the meat in a Matt and Andrew sandwich.  I don’t like super religious guys though, so they’d have to be very, very quiet and never speak.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, PityFree said:

I’ve completely change my mind on Matt. He’s lost it.  That long hair of his looks so dirty and greasy and gross. No wonder Johnny thinks he’s weird. 

I can't wait to see Johnny's reaction when/if he figures out that the Wackadoo is a participant!

While the volunteers usually suss one another out sooner than later, I highly doubt Matt will ever be on Johnny or Emmanuel's "is he in the program too?" shortlist because of his behavior. 

Yes, his cell mate was awful to bunk with, but maybe he has taken too many kicks to the head in his MMA training? Perhaps we are seeing some early symptoms of CTE in his brain? He really does strike me as another volunteer who has forgotten the reason they signed up in the first place.

What will he say to the Col. when they debrief?

"Inmates who have strong gas should be given single cells!" 

• Love 5

My guess on Matt is he had his own agenda like a lot of people who do this jail program that had nothing to do with helping the prison out.  He wanted to give his son a “life lesson” but be there to come to the rescue when his son fell apart.  Then they got separated which set off all of Matt’s buttons.  The irony is his son is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing while Matt is so certain his son couldn’t get by without him.  I wonder what would happen if he found out his son is actually thriving and well liked in his cell block. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5

I got behind a couple of episodes, so I'm posting here because my primary frustration is Matt. 

Minor complaint:  WASH YOUR HAIR.

Major complaint:  So he left cups of his urine sitting around and now he's worried he might be helpless to control his "physicality" because of the "emasculation" when his cellmate complained?  Dude, that sounds a lot like the abusive spouse who blames his battered wife for making him hit her.  "I lost control and it's all your fault for setting me off."

Also:  Agree that his primary objective was providing his son with a hard lesson.

I'm done with Pastor Bigtalk. 

• Love 5

This guy is as delusional and whackadoodle as Robert. Seriously, I'm waiting for him to say that he needs solitary confinement to protect Tebow from Chaplain MM'Love. His talk about being 'pod boss' now had me literally LOLing.  Dude took too many hits to the noggin.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, PityFree said:

I’ve completely change my mind on Matt. He’s lost it.  That long hair of his looks so dirty and greasy and gross. No wonder Johnny thinks he’s weird. 

He and his wife both need a haircut 

he's creepy 

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:27 PM, candall said:

I got behind a couple of episodes, so I'm posting here because my primary frustration is Matt. 

Major complaint:  So he left cups of his urine sitting around and now he's worried he might be helpless to control his "physicality" because of the "emasculation" when his cellmate complained?  Dude, that sounds a lot like the abusive spouse who blames his battered wife for making him hit her.  "I lost control and it's all your fault for setting me off."

Also:  Agree that his primary objective was providing his son with a hard lesson.

Why does son need a lesson tho? He seems like a pretty clean cut straight-arrow to me a lot more stable than dad.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, xls said:

Why does son need a lesson tho? He seems like a pretty clean cut straight-arrow to me a lot more stable than dad.

Remember that thing this week where for 10 minutes all anyone could talk about was that someone thought that Andrew was gay because he's into things like books and words and not threatening to beat people up at the slightest provocation? I'm pretty sure that's what it's like in his father's head 24/7 and he somehow thought that this would "fix" him.

• Love 6

I think Matt is hot!! Greasy hair but that can be fixed with a quick shower!! I can't believe he thought his son was weak when he ended up being the one leaving early. His son didn't even seem surprised when Matt said he was tapping out.

On 1/31/2018 at 1:27 PM, candall said:

I felt the same way about the hair. I knew from the jump he wasn't going to make it. He's a freak of nature. He got on Tebow for misusing the emergency button, yet he used it when his roommate was passing gas?! GTFOH! I completely agree with you, other than the fact that I know for a fact that he doesn't know a lick of mixed martial arts. When the REAL MMA fighter came in and he tried to show his skills, and again tried showing them at the camera, I don't know WHAT the hell that was, but it was not MMA. Looked more like he was dancing the robot. ? He used his son as an excuse to leave when we all know he left because he's a PU$$Y. If he REALLY wanted to "protect his son", who was perfectly fine by the way, he'd have STAYED to keep an ear on him. Total coward that one is, & a pathological liar! 

• Love 1