Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: The Bunker Games

thewhiteowl

Team Scorpion must work with Toby’s nemesis, Quincy Berkstead, and his wife, Amy, Toby’s ex-fiancée, when they are locked inside an artificially intelligent doomsday bunker that aims to kill them. Also, Walter is distracted by his recent dream where he is married to Florence, not Paige.

Electric fence, just run it over with the car.

Tie a rope to the rock with the parachute, that will give them another way to escape and a way to retrieve the rock for another attempt if Cabe misses the hole on the first try. Wasn't that the original plan.

• Love 1

I did like the speedy and satisfying resolution of the drama between Happy and Toby's ex. 

42 MINUTES AGO, ANIMEMANIA SAID:

Electric fence, just run it over with the car.

Tie a rope to the rock with the parachute, that will give them another way to escape and a way to retrieve the rock for another attempt if Cabe misses the hole on the first try. Wasn't that the original plan.

I guess they used up all their super genius writers' contracted hours on Sly's conversations with the machine.

The Florence fantasy has to be one of the most irritating things on TV that I've ever subjected myself to repeatedly. Hopefully by the next episode she will just explain that she tried reviving him with mouth-to-mouth, since that's so obviously where this is going.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

at times.

At times???? :D

I did laugh at Walter saying to Toby "I wasn't going to take the job" (or whatever he said) "but Happy wanted furniture".

I also liked that Happy and Toby's ex resolved things easily between them.

I was entertained throughout, though yeah, the Florence storyline is annoying.

• Love 3

What I found most annoying about the Florence storyline this week is that she's perfect for Sly. Let Walter and Paige be a couple. Let them do couple things and have Walter try to figure out how to be part of a relationship. It's not that I want everyone paired off, but I hate drama for the sake of drama and that's what I feel like the Florence storyline is headed towards. Just have Florence and Toby explain to Paige what happened, and I'm sure she'd be fine with it. 

Toby left via parachute. Why did they need the damn spray on the countdown. Don't tie up the AI with puzzles. "Toby Curtis is no longer in the bunker. Stop defense protocol." It could tell he was there and breathing but couldn't tell he'd gone? I mean I guess they were down to seconds anyway but that was still bullshit.

• Love 1

You guys are missing the point.

The writers aren't setting up a Walt-Flo dynamic, they're using it as a plot device to further advance & strengthen Walt & Paige.

This will finally bring some excitement back in their relationship among the audience.

So, @Sarah 103 she might just end up with Sly, though I find the odds of that next to impossible.

IMO, Walt-Flo is better than Waige since Paige's character has become rather bland recently.

And @theatremouse, the escape that Toby used wasn't programmed into the AI. It couldn't detect that Toby has left since it'd be illogical as there are no escapes that are unmonitored, or so the AI believes. At this point if Toby isn't being detected, an AI would believe the sensors to be faulty as a point of failure but it has to assume that imminent danger is still present.

Edited by deadcat
  • Love 1
On 18/01/2018 at 2:47 PM, shapeshifter said:

Florence seems to represent the character they wish they'd written for Walter's love interest instead of the absurdly and ubiquitously shoe horned-in Paige.

Paige is the main lead and they had to pair her with someone, she cant be left single in the show. 

10 minutes ago, Htielr said:

On January 18, 2018 at 3:17 AM, shapeshifter said:

Florence seems to represent the character they wish they'd written for Walter's love interest instead of the absurdly and ubiquitously shoe horned-in Paige.

Paige is the main lead and they had to pair her with someone, she cant be left single in the show. 

Yes, of course. I meant if they could do it over from the beginning, Florence is the character who should have been the female lead. Cabe could have been more fatherly when they needed someone to explain social niceties to Walter, or they could have used Toby for that.
I wonder if some network exec decided they needed a "hot chick" because it worked on The Big Bang Theory. And I wonder if they were creating the show at the height of Weinstein and #MeToo if a character like Florence for the lead would have been more welcome—and obvious. 
It just always seemed to me that Paige belongs on another, different show, or, as Ralph's mom, she could have been more of a background character who was seen less often than Ralph.
Since I'm rewriting the show, Ralph could be a latchkey kid whose mom works in a place that does karaoke. 

Paige was on the show for a long time before they paired her with  Walter. They could have left her with the baseball player.  They didn’t need to pair Paige and Walter. Paige and Walter are not a believable couple. Walter and Flo are. 

• Love 2