Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Anticipation

• Start Topic

The multiple, multiple  sibling couple...red flag...both seeking the full and undivided attention, to be the star (albeit of a basic cable show) in the family ...for once in their lives....

Potential for many inter family interactions...if you get my drift...

• Love 3

Molly has had long term relationships...at 25 thinking one was in high school the other an old college relationship?

Jonathan may be rigid and demanding.

Possible conflicts: Molly idealizes and romanticizes her parents' marriage.

Jonathan may have no example of what it takes to be a husband since parents divorced.

The work history difference of the black couple(Shawniece-29 and Jephte...pronounced Jefftee?-26)  is a tiny red flag but because she has been working longer with multiple irons in the fire and it seems he only has ONE job...

Predicting their conflicts: He only works one job, she works too much...no time for him(them)

Jacklyn, the bride with the lost soul mate(not even 2 years since he died)... probably hasn't had sex since that guy so husband Ryan, will have to break through that barrier...so to speak.

Conflicts: Too soon since the soul mate's death, she hadn't grieved enough, Ryan not getting nookie since she is reluctant to trust him since ..he is a stranger(homage to Danielle)

• Love 4

Besides all possible family conflicts with the two with multiple siblings - who to choose to create drama?

Maybe work schedules will be constantly compared - who is harder working - & Jefftee will end up being called 'lazy' - trigger for these two.

Ryan may not be able to live up to who her 'soul mate' was; even though she wanted this, it's hard & she struggles to give him a chance.

Even though army vet groom says he was made 'independent', he may secretly be a mama's boy...

By the honeymoon episode, story lines are usually starting to show up.

• Love 1

So since we already know the pairs why bother with a matchmaking episode and just move it along to the damn weddings instead? Oh wait, the "experts" need their big part in the show for all to see them work their pathetic "magic". SMH 

On 12/16/2017 at 8:27 AM, crazychicken said:

The couples have been revealed already, they do not scream trainwreck from their wedding photos and bios so I have my fingers crossed that they cast better this season.

http://people.com/tv/married-at-first-sight-season-6-cast/

Sadly this show will NEVER cast for it to be a better season in the way many of us hope for. They cast for the "drama" of it all and nothing more. The write up is going to sound great and like its going for the opposite to keep people watching or bring in new viewers. The facts are this show's track record proves how it matches. As it is, the "experts" will be able to plant some seeds of doubt about things with each ones issues to drum up some extra "drama"...they will hope. I think with the bios we got we can pick each couple's issues already that could pop up.

25 yr old that says she has been in "several long-term relationships"...um what was long term for her to have had several by 25? Since her father died years ago (which I'm sure will be rehashed a bunch) she is now really close to mom and sisters. Which can equal lots of 2 cents from them possibly and probably a reason she hasn't found "the one"....as well as I bet she has no clue what she really is looking for in "the one". LOL He is an Army vet and claims his mom taught him to be independent from her. He also wants a funny girl that likes adventure. Just from the pic of those 2 I'm not getting a good feeling. Something is lurking behind those eyes of his. Top it off he is probably a mama's boy but they want to make it sound otherwise. 

Next, of course let's match the 2 that not only have really large families but are black. They both supposedly find laziness a turn off (which I'd like to know their definition on lazy) but yet I will bet one will find sitting around for a time to just relax is being lazy. They both will be needy for attention because of the large family aspect I bet. She has some daddy issues even though it says she witness a healthy relationship between mom and stepdad. Yet she wants someone, fun, full of energy, can make her laugh and keep her grounded and not be lazy. Sounds like a lot for one man to do. He has his own daddy issues as well it sounds like too (another reason they are matched). Parents are together but he had to play the father figure. Which I am sure will be rehashed on why and "experts" will bounce on it and use it to help create issues. He wants an outgoing, mature, confident, non-lazy woman that let go of past relationship baggage or has none....good luck there. So which one will end up telling the other off for being "lazy"? Or at the very least edited to look that way when they aren't? As well as we also have another matching of a woman that is 29 yrs old matched with a younger guy (he is 26). While not a big difference its still something that can pop up as an issue on maturity....which the same goes for the first couple too on the age difference even though she is the younger one. Oh and yes she is an entrepreneur and cosmetologist...so far she stands out as the one that is going to try to get a bit more out of this then just that 15 mins. 

The last couple are the same age. Yet we have the girl that lost her boyfriend, so she will either compare this guy to him all the time and let him know it or cling to him and fear the worse will happen to him as well or both. "experts" will bounce on her issues in it all quick and use it to their advantage to cause issues instead of calming her issues to help move on. Which of course they pair the girl who lost one man she deeply loved with a guy that has a dangerous job (fireman). Makes so much sense doesn't it? Oh can't be to up her issues at all. *rollseyes* From what I am seeing on him, I can't grasp what could be a problem on his side. Maybe that he is the only boy and has 3 sisters?? I'm sure time will tell. 

I will say they did evenly match on looks again though. No one is better then the other in looks IMO....which is a good thing. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

25 yr old that says she has been in "several long-term relationships"...um what was long term for her to have had several by 25?

Yeah that jumped out at me as well & I wondered the same thing. She needs to define 'long term'.

Anyway, great synopsis of all the possibilities in this coming season.

They definitely have to have conflict, because this is a show, & ultimately the show will do what is best for the show.

My prediction is that all of the couples will say yes to staying together after 6 weeks (due to massive pressure from the experts and production) and then one or maybe two couples will be broken up by the 6-month reunion.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I think it's built into their contracts somehow. Make these marriages stick until the next season is ready to go, then they can break up.

I wouldn't put it past this show to do something like that.

17 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

That's why I appreciated Heather's refusal to play along with the script and thwarted the producers every chance she got...she fulfilled her contract but on her terms... even though it was bad TV

Exactly! I'm happy she stood her ground like that. She was in a VERY crappy situation. It worked out to do a few snippets and be done with it all. Yet even when they tried their best to guilt her back to that jerk, she held strong. It showed once again how little they gave over what the general situation is going on at times and the safety/health of that person they are doing that too. 

17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Yep, Heather didn't play. But I think they tweaked & tightened up the contracts afterward to stop anyone else from doing what's best for themselves & not the show.

Oh I am sure they did but you can only do so much of that because situations come up that can become very unsafe and then what will they do if it comes to that point? We see how they edit things to make the one that is really the shitty person look better then they should. I just know I don't put anything past these people on what they do and who they allow to be part of it. Which is why it wouldn't be surprising to have so much in their contracts to keep them going as long as they can...even once the cameras are gone. 

• Love 1
On 12/21/2017 at 3:33 PM, gonecrackers said:

I watched the 2m 'sneak peek', & on the honeymoon Pierre says he 'doesn't do well with strangers'.  He complains about her 'being a stranger' to him.

He signed up to marry a stranger.

But he's 'not good with strangers'.

Here we go.

Oh so the same reused script is being reused yet again I see. 

1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:
On 12/21/2017 at 6:33 PM, gonecrackers said:

I watched the 2m 'sneak peek', & on the honeymoon Pierre says he 'doesn't do well with strangers'.  He complains about her 'being a stranger' to him.

He signed up to marry a stranger.

But he's 'not good with strangers'.

Here we go.

Oh so the same reused script is being reused yet again I see. 

I was thinking "not good with strangers" ?  They must be running out of ideas.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kareem said:

Please tell me they didn't match the one couple just because they have 22 siblings between them.

Of course they would. As well as both seem to sound like they could have some daddy issues as well. So there is that too. But what does one expect from this show? 

6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I predict horny sibs of each family hooking up...if there is free flowing liquor at the reception...

EEEEWWWW Hope not. Don't need the "fake" bs we saw from Cody's bro and Danielle's friend repeated again by siblings this time of a couple. 

• Love 1

I hope the show has enough money for a stylist.  Last night on the "Special" the dress or whatever it was  Danielle was wearing was hideous.   It looked like a striped t-shirt down to wherever.  It showed every nook and cranny  the girl had.  For someone who goes on national t.v., she dressed poorly the whole season.  Yuk.

5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I hope the show has enough money for a stylist.  Last night on the "Special" the dress or whatever it was  Danielle was wearing was hideous.   It looked like a striped t-shirt down to wherever.  It showed every nook and cranny  the girl had.  For someone who goes on national t.v., she dressed poorly the whole season.  Yuk.

That is one thing that will probably never be done for these people so they dress however they normally would. Which of course many times its not exactly what they should wear since it isn't flattering to them. Heck even the "experts" have worn pretty unflattering things and had some majorly bad makeup going. 

• Love 1