Type keyword(s) to search

Stripped - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I loved Patty! She had such a great outlook and was totally a problem solver (playing drums to earn money and fashioning a broom out of leaves). Good idea to get the baking soda and coconut oil with the money - double duty items!

I also loved Rai's first walk where everyone complimented her onesie and she was waving to everyone. She's very pretty. Good for her for wearing the onesie to the meeting with her boss.

They seemed like a really good match and I hope Patty's father comes around. This episode was really sweet.

• Love 7

The Ryan and Ariana episode... i totally thought he was actually the hot one- even before the weight loss. Husband Belle says she looks like some character/alien from a movie called Splice. I digress.

Something about Ariana gave me major passive aggressive emotionally abusive vibes. She made some slick ass comment about Ryan being “a school teacher”. While this was fact it was the way she said it. I’m quite sure his school teacher salary put food on her table many nights. Plus she kept her eyes open while they kissed. I never trust an open eyed kisser. Also, hair looked blown out some days early into the experience. I wonder if she called in a stylist friend for a free favor. 

Wasn’t surprised at all that they broke up. He deserves better than a vain self-absorbed piece of work like Ariana. I was shocked that he decided to be an IG fitness thot tho. He seems so kind and such a great fit for being a teacher. Best of luck either way. 

Aww, the cat was so cute. But yeah, you gotta clean up after your animals.

I was sad when Russ got the cigarettes but I would imagine it's hard enough to quit cold turkey normally, much less going through this.

They had quite the stock of food in that fridge from the female "friends."

Not surprised they have to go to the storage unit together - drama!

• Love 1

One thing I like about this show is that they're showcasing quite a variety of relationships. Hetero couples and gay couples. Sisters. Female friends and male friends. It's a good mix up. 

I thought tonight was interesting. It was really more about the dynamic between the two guys than the stuff. Unlike a lot of other participants, they didn't seem to HAVE a lot of stuff. Ariel's "zen den" seemed pretty minimalist, and Russ was just coming off of a divorce. 

But without even the basics, the guys were forced to share a lot more time and space and it caused a lot of friction in the friendship. I thought it was kind of selfish of Ariel to continue sleeping on Russ's bed, but it was also pretty dickish of Russ not to take better care of his cat. 

I liked the broom Russ made. That was pretty cool! 

The cigarette thing was hard. I was pulling for him. But he had no support. Ariel was practically begging him to light up. 

I was glad to see Russ moved out at the end. The power dynamic was way too off. And now he has quit smoking, so good for him! Ariel will probably never settle down. That might be best. He might be too damaged to be a good parent. Better to recognize that and live your life than to try and replicate that which you never had. 

• Love 4

There was no way Russ was going to successfully quit smoking in that environment. Too stressful, and he had hours each day to dream of smoking. Good for him for trying though. I really expected more fireworks from him, considering he was giving up coffee and cigarettes at once. Once again, I ended up liking both the guys. I appreciated that they were able to sit down and talk things over before damage was done to their friendship. Ariel won't ever settle down. Maybe he can just concentrate on his nieces and nephews and being an active part of their lives. Maybe become a big brother or a mentor to a kid. He'd have a lot to give.

• Love 4

How come not one of these people has thought to buy baking soda when they get money and go buy groceries? It works as toothpaste, deodorant, dry shampoo, and a million other things. That would be high on my list once I scrounged some money. I would imagine it is considered a food product, right? 

https://www.thankyourbody.com/uses-for-baking-soda/

Also, oatmeal -- body scrub and a meal! 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

How come not one of these people has thought to buy baking soda when they get money and go buy groceries? It works as toothpaste, deodorant, dry shampoo, and a million other things. That would be high on my list once I scrounged some money. I would imagine it is considered a food product, right? 

https://www.thankyourbody.com/uses-for-baking-soda/

Also, oatmeal -- body scrub and a meal! 

They did get baking soda in the Patty and Rai episode. I agree, it's a good idea.

Tonight's episode was pretty good. The guys were cute together. And I loved their dog.

• Love 2

This show is genius! Am I the only one counting everything that I own? I have to say that I am cognizant of being grateful for little things like my luxe shower products and toothpaste. 

Those two trust fund Hollywood blondes were beyond annoying and I was very happy to see the redhead skedaddle on out of there. The whiny smoking guy was a trial to watch also but the other folks are so open and likeable 

• Love 1

I am afraid (and not naked) that this show has had its run and is replaced by those two obnoxious characters that Andy fawns over.  Finding something else to do during that hour. 

I totally love this show and hope it's not a one season wonder!  It really made me take a good look at myself and all my crap!  Totally reminds me of George Carlin talking about all the "stuff" a person has!  If you want a good laugh, YOUTUBE it!

The single guy was interesting. He didn't get the bed in the first week. I think he used half that container of soap for his first shower! He seemed really lonely so I'm glad he was able to see he had some friends and appreciate them.

I really liked this show. It was super interesting to see what people picked and why. A lot of people made big life changes after the show. I hope it comes back for another season!