Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Partnerships

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Because I suck at titles, I left it simple.

Who was your favorite partnership?

For me, it was a three-way tie, with Greevy-Logan/Ceretta-Logan/Briscoe-Logan.

Yep, there is a theme here for me, as I am totally a Mike Logan fangurrrrrl and found him to be the most layered detective in a show that was mostly procedural.

• Love 1

For me, it would probably be:  Briscoe-Logan, Briscoe-Green and Briscoe-Curtis (I've got a theme going here as well....), as well as Carmichael-McCoy, Cutter-Rubirosa and Kincaid-McCoy.

Least favorites  -- not that anyone asked :-)  -- would probably be Cassady-Green and Falco-Fontana.

For me, it would probably be:  Briscoe-Logan, Briscoe-Green and Briscoe-Curtis (I've got a theme going here as well....), as well as Carmichael-McCoy, Cutter-Rubirosa and Kincaid-McCoy.

Least favorites  -- not that anyone asked :-)  -- would probably be Cassady-Green and Falco-Fontana.

We have a separate thread for your favorite ADA team ups, MMLEsq

Well, I'll avoid the temptation to have multiple favorites and say that Briscoe/Logan was the best pair.  It's a shame that the writers thought they were "too similar" -- their chemistry was exactly what made them work so well!

The "partners at odds with each other" worked well with Greevey and Logan.  Partly because Dzundza and Noth were oil and water off the camera, but also because their wheelhouses were "cranky" and "hotheaded" respectively.  It just made sense.  Briscoe was more snarky, so it didn't work as well when they tried to do it with Briscoe/Curtis.  Well, there's also the fact that Benjamin Bratt was bland and couldn't act.  Yeah, I'm not much of a Rey Curtis fan.

I actually haven't seen a ton of the Briscoe/Green episodes.  I like what I have seen of them, but it's hard for me to say how well they compare to Briscoe/Logan (I've seen every episode of seasons 3-5).

Honorable mentions to Ceretta/Logan and Lupo/Bernard.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think I like Briscoe with Green because you get the inherent conflict between older, wiser detective vs. younger, brasher detective, plus you get the different perspectives of each of them from them being different races.  With Briscoe and Curtis, you also get the older/younger dynamic, but in more of a realist vs. idealist kind of way.

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 1

Honorable mentions to Ceretta/Logan and Lupo/Bernard.

Nice to see some Lupo/Bernard love! I think they were actually my favorites, although Briscoe/Logan and Briscoe/Green ARE L&O for me.

• Love 2

Of all of Logan's partnerships, I actually liked the Ceretta/Logan partnership the best.  Lennie is probably my all time favorite character, but I didn't like his partnership with Logan nearly as much.  I preferred Lennie with Greene.

But my all time favorite partnership is Lupo/Bernard.  Those two just clicked together so well.  I would never have thought I'd like Anthony Anderson in a serious role, but he and Jeremy Sisto had great chemistry together.

• Love 3

Damn shame about Lupo and Bernard. Jeremy Sisto and Anthony Anderson really clicked as a team (for the first time since Briscoe/Green) but, just as L&O was finding its feet again, NBC gives it a firm kick out the door. Thanks a lot, suits.

• Love 1

Damn shame about Lupo and Bernard. Jeremy Sisto and Anthony Anderson really clicked as a team (for the first time since Briscoe/Green) but, just as L&O was finding its feet again, NBC gives it a firm kick out the door. Thanks a lot, suits.

It wasn't so much that than it was Dickless not wanting to pony up and pay the extra dinero for a 21st season. At least, that's what I'd read, and only rolled my eyes, because up until then, Dickless was bound and determined to break Gunsmoke's record.  He had the chance to do it, but turned out to be too greedy/stingy/miserly to do it.

It wasn't so much that than it was Dickless not wanting to pony up and pay the extra dinero for a 21st season. At least, that's what I'd read, and only rolled my eyes, because up until then, Dickless was bound and determined to break Gunsmoke's record.  He had the chance to do it, but turned out to be too greedy/stingy/miserly to do it.

And yet he blinked for SVU months back when it was in the same quandary. I'll never understand Wolf's rationale there.

• Love 1

Doesn't the network pay for the show?

Yes, but in terms of licensing fees, it's an added cost which NBC wanted Dick Wolf to pitch in on for the Mothership. He refused. But he blinked for SVU and even with now having his Chicago franchise and reality show of Cold Justice.

The man makes no sense to me.

• Love 1

Wolf may have expected the network to blink, and when they didn't, he tried to get the 21st season produced on cable.  He found no takers.  Perhaps he thought that would work after CI's move to USA.  A few years later, the same type of situation comes up with SVU, he knows the network won't blink because they didn't do it the last time, and he knows cable might not work out either.  It's also a different situation in general now -- SVU is the only remaining piece of the L&O franchise now.  At the time, original L&O was sinking in the ratings, SVU was still going fairly strong, and L&O:LA was right around the corner.  Of course, LA turned out to be a disaster, but at the time it had to seem like a better business decision to bet on the new show over an old one that didn't seem to have much life left in it.

Just thought I would chime in here since I saw this thread - my favorite detective pairing is Briscoe/Green, they were fantastic together, they had terrific chemistry and it was always entertaining to watch them investigate a case. My follow up picks would be Briscoe/Logan and Lupo/Bernard.

My least favorite pairing is Green/Cassidy, by far, Beauty Queen had the personality of a lump of coal. I liked all the other partnerships.

• Love 2

Favorite pairing would be Briscoe/Green, in large part because they were the cops when I began watching regularly. Briscoe/Logan would be a close second.

Least favorite pairing, hands down, Green/Cassady. 100% because of Cassady. Thank goodness she didn't last long.

• Love 2

All of Briscoe’s, thought my least favorite is Briscoe/Logan only by default because I saw less of the them than the others.

Green/Lupo and Lupo/Bernard kept me after the idea of DA Jack McCoy (and the combination of Rubirosa/Cutter) lured me back after I finally gave up during the Rohmbot era.

I do think think Farina had a mountain to climb and anyone would have failed following Lennie Briscoe, though. With hindsight and analysis, I do find the idea of Farina’s character intriguing, but no one was ready for Lennie to be replaced even when it had to happen. I wonder if a special guest star detective of the week for that one season after Jerry’s departure might have worked better, especially with the solid stability of Ed Green and Anita Van Buren on the Law side and the relative stability of the Order side of the show at the time.

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, katie9918 said:

All of Briscoe’s, thought my least favorite is Briscoe/Logan only by default because I saw less of the them than the others.

Green/Lupo and Lupo/Bernard kept me after the idea of DA Jack McCoy (and the combination of Rubirosa/Cutter) lured me back after I finally gave up during the Rohmbot era.

I do think think Farina had a mountain to climb and anyone would have failed following Lennie Briscoe, though. With hindsight and analysis, I do find the idea of Farina’s character intriguing, but no one was ready for Lennie to be replaced even when it had to happen. I wonder if a special guest star detective of the week for that one season after Jerry’s departure might have worked better, especially with the solid stability of Ed Green and Anita Van Buren on the Law side and the relative stability of the Order side of the show at the time.

Agreed. I watched when Farina/Fontana were originally on, but I zoned out until the DAs came on. Years later, I watched those episodes more closely and they weren't that bad. Nobody would have succeeded immediately after replacing a legend (and thank goodness for Farina this was pre-social media). I think Farina did as well as anyone could, given the circumstances.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Agreed. I watched when Farina/Fontana were originally on, but I zoned out until the DAs came on. Years later, I watched those episodes more closely and they weren't that bad. Nobody would have succeeded immediately after replacing a legend (and thank goodness for Farina this was pre-social media). I think Farina did as well as anyone could, given the circumstances.

Agreed. I did not mind Farina’s Fontana as much as I just missed Jerry’s Briscoe.

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 3
(edited)

Briscoe/Logan followed closely by Briscoe/Green were my favorite pairings.  Least favorite was Green/Cassady, which is no reflection on Green.  Cassady was AWFUL!

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Briscoe/Logan followed closely by Briscoe/Green were my favorite pairings.  Least favorite were Green/Cassady, which is no reflection on Green.  Cassady was AWFUL!

Yep, Detective Beauty Queen was lifeless and wooden and just a horrid choice for the show. I think that’s why they ditched her after 1 season. My favorite pairing is Briscoe/Green, they were just perfect together, with Briscoe/Logan and Lupo/Bernard as my runner ups.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yep, Detective Beauty Queen was lifeless and wooden and just a horrid choice for the show. I think that’s why they ditched her after 1 season. My favorite pairing is Briscoe/Green, they were just perfect together, with Briscoe/Logan and Lupo/Bernard as my runner ups.

Yes, it is really hard for me to pick between Briscoe/Logan and Briscoe/Green, I went with the Logan pairing just because I like the cases more, but I really did love those 3 characters.  I liked Lupo with Bernard, but don’t like Bernard’s new partner.  He always looks like he’s clinching his teeth, it gives me a headache 🤕 

• Fire 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, it is really hard for me to pick between Briscoe/Logan and Briscoe/Green, I went with the Logan pairing just because I like the cases more, but I really did love those 3 characters.  I liked Lupo with Bernard, but don’t like Bernard’s new partner.  He always looks like he’s clinching his teeth, it gives me a headache 🤕 

I thought Cosgrove (Bernard’s new partner) was going to be terrible at the start but he got better as the season went on IMO, he isn’t my favorite but he got a lot better after his first episode. I’m curious as to what the new detective in season 22 will be like with Bernard leaving, I hope he fits in well and they don’t try to do too much with the character, that was kind of their mistake with Beauty Queen and to a lesser extent Fontana, they tried to make them too different and create conflict when it’s best to just put the cases first and let the characters develop as the show goes along.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2