Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Rolling Dark

CooperTV

Screen+Shot+2017-11-14+at+12.55.34+PM+%2

Jason and the SEAL team must rescue a Russian scientist and his wife and bring them across the Afghanistan border to safety as Chinese and Russian Special Forces close in, intent on stopping them. Also, Clay endures his first day with Jason’s unit.

Promos

• Love 1

So the final exfil plan is for the team to throw all of their flash-bangs... and all of their white phosphorus.

Would this be the same white phosphorus that one of the guys specified burns at 4000 degrees?

I hope the next episode details the tragedy of how 700 Chinese soldiers and a dozen Russian commandos perished in a gigantic forest fire.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I hope the next episode details the tragedy of how 700 Chinese soldiers and a dozen Russian commandos perished in a gigantic forest fire.

And explains how this huge conflagration neutralized the NVGs of the opposition, while leaving Our Boys NVGs unaffected.

I'm only watching for Cerberus at this stage.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

And explains how this huge conflagration neutralized the NVGs of the opposition, while leaving Our Boys NVGs unaffected.

I'm only watching for Cerberus at this stage.

Team 6/Dev Group turned off their NVGs and went eyeball. But of course the flash of the flash bang grenades should have taken their organic night vision (the minute taken to adjust) just as it washed out the Russians technology. They were just ready for it. Presumably Spetnaz Alpha also had a suit in their ears telling them not to fire and start WWIII since nobody started laying down suppression fire when the grenades went off. I was waiting on a repeat of The Brave where the Americans and Russians trying to recover an asset also fought  in China but that was resolved

Spoiler

by telling the Chinese where the Russians were

• Love 2

I was glad there wasn't a lot of gratuitous "Russian" nonsense every show is into these days.  Although I had to chuckle when the team went all "but this poor turncoat guy is going to be interrogated and executed in Russia!11". Well, he wouldn't, actually. Russia has a moratorium on capital punishment for about twenty years now. It's not like he wasn't working on the enemy or anything, so I'm pretty sure he deserves those 12 to 20 years of prison.

Sonny and Cerberus are two saving graces of this episode, though. Sonny is amazing.

On 12/7/2017 at 6:49 AM, Netfoot said:

The Russians were supposedly still on NVGs while the Team already off of them. The very bright light of the flash-bangs would blind the Russians as they were still on NVG which would amplify the light (even though I thought later-model NVGs have the filter for this exact scenario?). Having written that, flash-bang I can believe as that kind of device are designed only to produce loud noise and bright flash. But thermite grenade? If they did not want to leave evidence on the crash site, that went out the window quite quickly. 

On 12/7/2017 at 8:43 AM, Raja said:

Team 6/Dev Group turned off their NVGs and went eyeball. But of course the flash of the flash bang grenades should have taken their organic night vision (the minute taken to adjust) just as it washed out the Russians technology. They were just ready for it. Presumably Spetnaz Alpha also had a suit in their ears telling them not to fire and start WWIII since nobody started laying down suppression fire when the grenades went off. I was waiting on a repeat of The Brave where the Americans and Russians trying to recover an asset also fought  in China but that was resolved

Reveal hidden contents

by telling the Chinese where the Russians were

I can say at least, that this episode makes much more sense than The Brave where the Russians went into Chinese soil with full uniform and vehicles and zero noise discipline. As well, Russian Spetsnaz were depicted as dumb brutes with no marksmanship capability whatsoever.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

The Russians were supposedly still on NVGs while the Team already off of them. The very bright light of the flash-bangs would blind the Russians as they were still on NVG which would amplify the light (even though I thought later-model NVGs have the filter for this exact scenario?). Having written that, flash-bang I can believe as that kind of device are designed only to produce loud noise and bright flash. But thermite grenade? If they did not want to leave evidence on the crash site, that went out the window quite quickly. 

I can say at least, that this episode makes much more sense than The Brave where the Russians went into Chinese soil with full uniform and vehicles and zero noise discipline. As well, Russian Spetsnaz were depicted as dumb brutes with no marksmanship capability whatsoever.

I guess if you are on the border with Afghanistan on occasion there will be firing on it. The Chinese may know what happened but it is something nuke armed countries write off. Or table for later negotiations.

• Love 1

It was nice that the 2nd mission(episode) in a row they didn't have to shoot up the place to get what they wanted accomplished.

Poor Sonny has to buy a ton of beer, Lol.  But I guess it is the usual razing, "the new" guy gets. Ofcourse he did speak up about things. He earned a case of beer for himself.

Liked the talk about Patrick Swayze and "Red Dawn" and "Roadhouse".

In the plane crash, funny how the 2 officials died, but Dimitri and Catya were ok. Until she was shot by Russian soldiers. I liked how she told them about her husband being a hero.

The flash bangs were nice near the boarder, and I also agree with those above. I was surprised that neither the Russians or Chinese laid down fire after they were set off. Surprised they didn't chase them across the boarder, not knowing what might or might not be on the other side.

On 12/10/2017 at 0:19 PM, CooperTV said:

Sonny and Cerberus are two saving graces of this episode, though. Sonny is amazing.

Ditto on Sonny and Cerberus, and I'd also like some more story for Davis.  I think she's great.  I'm watching because I like military shows.   SEAL TEAM is like Hershey's chocolate to me.  Not the best in the world, but good enough when I just feel like watching TV.

On 12/15/2017 at 0:44 PM, webruce said:

Poor Sonny has to buy a ton of beer, Lol.  But I guess it is the usual razing, "the new" guy gets. Ofcourse he did speak up about things. He earned a case of beer for himself.

Clay has to buy the beer.  He's the new guy.

• Love 1
On 12/19/2017 at 3:23 PM, Ohmo said:

Ditto on Sonny and Cerberus, and I'd also like some more story for Davis.  I think she's great.  I'm watching because I like military shows.   SEAL TEAM is like Hershey's chocolate to me.  Not the best in the world, but good enough when I just feel like watching TV.

Clay has to buy the beer.  He's the new guy.

Right, my mistake, Clay has to. Sonny was one that said he had to buy a lot of beer. Thanks.

Clay, I bet when he was jumping out of the plane, he was thinking, 'well if the parachute doesn't open, guess I won't have to bring all those cases of beer'

Felt like cheering when clay finally said something smart like: 'how do we get around us'

Also did I miss something about Jason, why is he sleeping on the couch? I know he and the wife had a talk but I didn't think he was going to stay away....

On 12/22/2017 at 0:37 AM, Lyanna19 said:

Also did I miss something about Jason, why is he sleeping on the couch? I know he and the wife had a talk but I didn't think he was going to stay away....

He's sleeping on the couch because he's staying at Ray's house.   While Jason and Alana have talked several times (and hooked up at least once), they still haven't reconciled.  She's living in their house.

• Love 1
On 15/12/2017 at 0:44 PM, webruce said:

It was nice that the 2nd mission(episode) in a row they didn't have to shoot up the place to get what they wanted accomplished.

I like the fact that they are getting a wide variety of missions (and one training mission so far) rather than it just being some kind of standard action  thing with a massive shoot out in the final act.

Also Clay works way better as the new guy compared to him as the hot shot guy in training that no one likes.

As far as the mission goes I really thought the SEAL team was going to scare the Russians off by convincing them that they were the Chinese.

• Love 2
On 12/26/2017 at 10:00 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

I like the fact that they are getting a wide variety of missions (and one training mission so far) rather than it just being some kind of standard action  thing with a massive shoot out in the final act.

Also Clay works way better as the new guy compared to him as the hot shot guy in training that no one likes.

As far as the mission goes I really thought the SEAL team was going to scare the Russians off by convincing them that they were the Chinese.

I agree with all this , yes.