Type keyword(s) to search

QuizUp

joshleejosh
  • Start Topic

I had a long train commute today, and I spent most of it playing bite-sized rounds of trivia in QuizUp. Identifying logos is quite fun, and I'm only slightly embarrassed by how good I am at answering questions about ancient episodes of Doctor Who.

I'm joshleejosh in game if anyone wants to come at me.

I downloaded this and did try some of the Doctor Who ones and did incredibly bad considering I have watched since the early 1980s.  I think the Comic Book Superheroes tucked away under Literature may be my go-to quiz topic. I sucked at Game of Thrones because it involved knowing actors, not just who killed whom. I'm Spynotebook on game center and might brush up and challenge joshleejosh to some Doctor Who.

• Love 1

I'm so disappointed that this isn't available for Android yet. I played a couple of rounds of Song of Ice and Fire on my friend's phone last weekend (because that's what we do drunk at house parties), and I loved it. Having all those topics to choose from is great.

I hate you all.

I really had lots of plans to be productive this weekend. 

I started pretty easy with Musicals to get my "buzzer thumb" working, so to speak. Been playing my daughter in The Beatles (much harder questions than with Musicals). Tried two rounds of The Wire, somewhere between the two in terms of difficulty so far.

I couldn't figure out, since I had JUST told her about this last night, why she had the title of "Goblin" and I was just plain old "beginner." Apparently she was busy with Harry Potter for awhile.

I'd been hoping for Reno Sweeney or something when I got to Level 10 of Musicals but am just "Orphan Annie." I may be all anal-retentive and try for 20 just so I'm NOT Annie anymore.

BTW, what happens to your title when you reach L10 in more than one category? Is it just whatever category in which you have the highest ranking?

Looking forward to being equally unproductive and procrastinative over the next week or so. 

Hit me up on ManicMoxy if you want ... since I admittedly suck, I'm fine with fielding anything music pre-90s, musicals, geography, pop culture, etc. With TV, I'm definitely NOT A Whovian (my daughter is diehard Whovian and yet said she found the QU tough because she has not seen that many Classic eps). I'd say I'm more of a Wire/Boardwalk Empire/Freaks and Geeks/reality TV and old sitcoms kind of person ... Is there an American Idol category? IS THERE A SHOW BIZ MOMS AND DADS CATEGORY?  (That's for Glark.)

I might be okay with gen-pop sports stuff. Despite having been a baseball writer for 25 years, I am not a stats geek.

Basically, I know a lot about a little -- the kind of knowledge range that gets you onto Jeopardy, basically (where my lack of math skillz torpedoed me). 

Meanwhile, I'll go find a picture of Moxy for my profile pix here and there.  Right now, I'm using my grand-dog Rilo instead. I'm sure Moxy is not happy about that. She hates Rilo.

BTW, what happens to your title when you reach L10 in more than one category? Is it just whatever category in which you have the highest ranking?

You can choose which one you use. I recently switched from Springfield Atom to Technopagan (Level 10 in Buffy).

I'm a Gamma Ray Monster.  I got my wife playing this weekend and she headed to the Math and Spelling games. Those are not for me. I need to figure out how to add some of y'all to my list of friends on there. She kicked my butt in Logos also because she knows cars and shoes. I got Burger King right.

Thanks! I was able to switch over to Yellow Submarine from Orphan Annie. Yay. 

It's fun to try to figure out what they'll use for titles (I assume people who are "The Game" are Wire people -- I wonder what level you have to get to to become Omar). 

Oh, hey, feel free to challenge me on 60's Music. Having fun kicking my husband's professional jazz musician butt on that one. I think I can probably venture into 70's music (though my knowledge of the "classic rock" part of it ain't great) and then I am massive fail from 80s on.

Has anyone done the Stephen King category yet? It is INSANELY hard, and I've read a fair number of King books over the years.

Haven't tried that one yet, but I'm also finding some of the specific show ones hard because I don't know what episode stuff happened in by number. Very frustrating for someone who's watched Buffy all the way through more than once, but when I'm on a binge I don't really pay attention to episode numbers... oh well. I'm kicking all sorts of butt in Action Movies. 

Is it terrible that I bingewatched all of Freaks and Geeks in three days just so I could start playing that category on QuizUp?

And hubby and I are, like, four episodes away from finishing our first time through Sopranos. Then I can try that as well (though with, six -- arguably seven -- seasons and a lot of people sleeping with the fishes, I don't expect to do very well on that one. 

It's finally available for Android!  I think probably all of my friends aren't even playing anymore, but I don't care because I have all the trivia!

Yeah, I just got into the Android beta, so I can finally play on my tablet. Only problem is that, being a beta, it sometimes crashes mid-game and I have to surrender.

I got a perfect score once in Superhero Comics. I had big dreams of moving my way up the ranks and then petered out at Level 31. Haven't played in a month or more.

I got the perfect score in the general science category once.

The problem with this game is that unlike, say, Threes, it takes too much of my attention to do while listening to a podcast or while watching a TV show I don't really care that much about. For me that's a death sentence.

The problem with this game is that unlike, say, Threes, it takes too much of my attention to do while listening to a podcast or while watching a TV show I don't really care that much about. For me that's a death sentence.

Luckily each game moves by fairly quickly (assuming it doesn't crash halfway through), so I usually play it during the commercial breaks. You can rip off a couple games easily during that time.