Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Burned Up My Tears

I'm getting to the point again where I wouldn't be upset if Walt was killed and it became the Ferg and Mathias and Henry show. Walt's glowering anger during the trial was grinding my nerves.

I continue to roll my eyes at the crappy star-crossed lovers storyline, but this season I'm blaming Walt more than Vic.

What happened to Eamonn, anyway? Did he move away or die or something? I can't remember.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, madam magpie said:

As I recall, Eamonn wasn’t into Vic anymore and he broke up with her when he was in the hospital after being shot.

Also, wasn't he married? But maybe I am misremembering.

On 11/18/2017 at 6:25 PM, madam magpie said:

As I recall, Eamonn wasn’t into Vic anymore and he broke up with her when he was in the hospital after being shot.

I believe he also got really upset because Vic had told Walt not to hire him because she assumed they were more serious than he did. Especially since he was desperately trying to get away from crooked sheriff Wopat.

Seems like almost every character got on my last nerve in this episode. Walt walting it up and doing stupid shit like messing around with the crime scene. Even if the world wasn't out to get him, even if the mayor wasn't a sleaze, normal procedure is not to allow a suspect to do any investigating on the crime he or she's a suspect for. Under those circumstances, the suspicion that he messed with the scene was perfectly reasonable, even if it was despicable people stating it. I've grown weary of Walt being held up as a saint, when he cannot be bothered to at least pay passing attention to the law.

Then Lucian wanting Walt to execute him - AFTER he knows that his killing the lawyer caused a shit storm for Walt, (and seriously - in what universe would Walt NOT have been the prime suspect?). Not to mention Lucian was now the executor of the Connolly estate, which could be twisted to be the same motive as the lawyer's death. 

Vic for lying, without even checking to make sure she had the story straight - which again, only makes Walt seem more guilty.

The only ones doing their damn jobs like professionals were Matthias, Ferg, and Cady. Loved Matthias knowing Walt was not guilty because he has his own skills. And I also loved Henry's honesty in reasoning that he was not a viable alibi for Walt. 

Also, I'm not sure the quitclaim would be legal while he was actively being sued for his property. If he'd done it before he was served, then maybe.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 6

I'm glad that Walt finally knows Henry killed Trot Simic.

But man, what was with everyone in this episode? Walt KNEW he was a suspect in Tucker's murder. He's already on trial for Branch's death. But he somehow decides that going to Tucker's house was the smartest idea and wouldn't look at all suspicious?

I get that Lucian wanted to talk Tucker out of the lawsuit and his heart was in the right place, but then at the end he decided that the best way to help Walt was to try to force him to shoot him? IDIOT.

• Love 1

Unless Lucien left a written confession somewhere, Walt is still on the hook. Didn't Lucien realize that? He said he just wanted to help Walt, but all he did was to dig him in further. Walt didn't need friends like that!! How on earth is this going to come out alright?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Tyro49 said:

Unless Lucien left a written confession somewhere, Walt is still on the hook. Didn't Lucien realize that? He said he just wanted to help Walt, but all he did was to dig him in further. Walt didn't need friends like that!! How on earth is this going to come out alright?

Lucien was a fool, indeed. And yet, I'm sorry to see him go.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 2
On 11/18/2017 at 7:20 AM, 2727 said:

I continue to roll my eyes at the crappy star-crossed lovers storyline, but this season I'm blaming Walt more than Vic.

I am seriously peeved with the direction this is all heading. I just got through this episode and am scratching my head with the improbability of the whole scenario.

I was thrilled to see the dead Baggett because he was such a sleaze.  But the rest makes not a damned bit of sense whatsoever.  As has been said, the chief suspect tampers with the crime scene?  Vic lies?  Lucien offs himself having only told the story to Walt?  Yeah, this ought to go smoothly.  Not.

And then the whole googly eyes with Vic and Walt just makes me want to puke.   I have a feeling I am going to hate the way this ends.  

Not enough Henry or Mathias.  At this point I am more interested in them and capturing Malachi than the gooey love story.

• Love 2

Idiot stick, indeed! Walt has completed his transformation into Horatio Caine, and I'm not even surprised anymore by his willingness to flout the law and basic forensic procedure in his pursuit of his own justice. 

I'm so ready for this show to be over, but I can't stop watching to see how it plays out.  I will say this ep. was nicely directed; it's always amazing to me to see an actor working his butt off while directing an episode.  Though, of course, Peter Weller is possibly more accomplished behind the camera than in front.  Also, I thought KS knocked it out of the park with this one. Her depiction of coming to terms with losing her baby, and her role in that, was so brutally honest.  I wonder if her soul searching will lead her down a different path.  One can always hope.

21 hours ago, ratSenoL said:

Also, I thought KS knocked it out of the park with this one.

That scene was heartbreaking. I don't care for Vic in the least but, man, I was all tearing up watching her face.  

• Love 1

Oh Lucian! What a knucklehead! His heart was in the right place, but he made a mess out of everything. It was hard to see him go out that way. Tragic.

Katee Sackoff continues to do excellent work with the fallout of her miscarriage. However, I don't buy that Vic wanted to kill herself though. It just isn't Vic. Impulsively coming up with an alibi for Walt when she doesn't know where he was, now that is Vic. The show could have made the point that Walt can't bear to lose her in more subtle way. 

I like Mathias telling Cady that Walt and Vic were in trouble and needed a lawyer. Their relationship has come a long way.

It is good that Henry finally told Walt that he killed Trot Simic; another mystery solved and out of the way.,

Edited by SimoneS

Oh Lucian! What a knucklehead! His heart was in the right place, but he made a mess out of everything. It was hard to see him go out that way. Tragic.

Katee Sackoff continues to do excellent work with the fallout of her miscarriage. However, I don't buy that Vic wanted to kill herself though. It just isn't Vic. Impulsively coming up with an alibi for Walt when she doesn't know where he was, now that is Vic. The show could have made the point that Walt can't bear to lose her in more subtle way. 

I like Mathias telling Cady that Walt and Vic were in trouble and needed a lawyer. Their relationship has come a long way.

It is good that Henry finally told Walt that he killed Trot Simic; another mystery solved and out of the way.,

Ditto on everything you said. Lucien has always been impulsive but you'd have thought he'd be more aware of how much his actions would taint Walt.

I can't see Vic killing herself either except post partum depression and rampant hormones.  She's always been so tough.  And, again, what was with the all out lie about the alibi.  Surely she'd know that it would backfire and screw up the case.  He's already been accused of having a relationship that messes with cases.  Way to go to make that true.

Mathias, Henry, Cady, and Jacob all working together is a beautiful thing.

Since Trot was killed on the rez, it was safe for Henry to confess, I suppose.   Helps Walt a little to know about it but not sure what the info will help other than, as you say, to solve another mystery and set it aside.

• Love 1
On 11/23/2017 at 10:54 AM, Clanstarling said:

Also, I'm not sure the quitclaim would be legal while he was actively being sued for his property. If he'd done it before he was served, then maybe.

@Clanstarling is absolutely correct in stating if you are going to take action to protect your assets from seizure, the ideal time to do so is before any suit is filed.  

It's also absolutely true that any such attempt to do so after a judgment has been issued against you will get you jammed up quicker than a restaurant toilet on Dollar Chili Night.

In the time interval between when a suit is filed and a judgment is entered, though...?  That's a really really REALLY gray area.  IANAL, but - hypothetically speaking, of course:

• In a very specific and technical legal sense, Walt's assets can't be encumbered by a judgment which doesn't exist.  Presumably Walt has clear title to his property (IIRC reference was made in an earlier season of Walt inheriting his spread from his parents) - so up to and until the judge in the case issues a ruling against Walt, he has a legal right to do whatever he wants with his property.  Anybody whose name isn't on the property title has zero legal standing to challenge whatever Walt chooses to do with it.
  • The day a ruling IS issued against Walt, however, the whole playing field flips.  The court ruling lays upon Walt a legally binding obligation to comply with its terms, and the victor in the suit has every right to attach any of Walt's assets to ensure compliance.  Which means any action which interferes with proper execution of those terms could at the VERY least be considered obstruction of justice, and possibly worse.

...result being, yesterday's "use and enjoyment of one's property" could VERY easily suddenly become today's "attempting to conceal assets" to avoid legal seizure and forfeiture - and that could mean anything from fines to prison time.  The difference between the two might come down to the temperament of the judge hearing attorneys' arguments in an asset attachment claim - and if Walt got the same judge hearing those arguments as had issued the original ruling, what kind of odds would you give Walt...?  :(