Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Fever

So good to see Lucien back.  Figures he'd be involved in the treasure hunt.

Can Darius be any more evil?  Too bad Walt didn't just shoot him and be done with it.

I bet Vic will kill Travis when she finds out he told Walt about the pregnancy which he had no right to do.  Personally, I can't stand her and I hope against hope they are not setting up a final romance with Vic and Walt.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Personally, I can't stand her and I hope against hope they are not setting up a final romance with Vic and Walt.

I was yelling "Don't do it" at the TV when Travis gave Walt the ring and said either Walt should marry Vic or Travis will (assuming Vic would agree to marry Travis, which I'm sure she wouldn't). Travis's desire to see Vic taken care of is well intentioned and justified since she obviously is not taking care of herself during the pregnancy, but it's outrageous to give someone else an ultimatum to marry her--talk about treating a woman as property! Travis thinks he is the father of the baby, so even from the standpoint of taking responsibility for the pregnancy and child it does not make sense to say that Walt should marry her. But I can give Travis a pass on the taking responsibility issue, because Vic treats him badly and most of the time doesn't want anything to do with him. 

In any case, I really do not want to see Walt and Vic riding off into the sunset together or even in bed together. But it does look like the writers are headed in that direction. Ugh! 

Forgot to mention that when Travis came in with the ring box to Walt's office, my first thought that it was to ask Walt's permission/blessing for Travis to propose to Vic, because Walt is kind of father figure to Vic. So that made it even more icky when Travis said Walt should marry her or Travis would.

Edited by Paloma
disorganized thoughts
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Paloma said:

So that made it even more icky when Travis said Walt should marry her or Travis would.

Yep, definitely and ick moment for me as well.  

I would think, at a minimum, Vic would get a DNA test to find out which is the father - Travis or Eamonn.  But I can't see her with Travis at all - can you imagine Travis' mom as a mother-in-law!

Sadly all of the pregnant pauses (excuse the pun) between Vic and Walt seem to me to be a hint of what's to come.  And I will be so disappointed if it happens.

• Love 5

Oh, good god. Travis just gets worse and worse. Vic now is his property to hand off in marriage?? Gross. I hope she punches him in the face...but she won’t.

I really like the Cady/Henry/Jacob stuff. I don’t think Jacob is lying and I reeeeeeally hope he’s not. I find them much more interesting than Walt, who probably should lose his job. The contrast of Cady struggling to follow the law, which she clearly respects, with Walt being unhinged all the time is interesting.

• Love 3

As much as I love Longmire I am really more invested in Henry, Mathias, and Jacob.  Love Cady's interactions with all of them as well. I am sadly not all that interested in the trial. I hope that it doesn't drag out for the entire season.

• Love 6
On 11/18/2017 at 10:28 AM, Kohola3 said:

As much as I love Longmire I am really more invested in Henry, Mathias, and Jacob.  Love Cady's interactions with all of them as well. I am sadly not all that interested in the trial. I hope that it doesn't drag out for the entire season.

Yes, I find them much more interesting than Walt. I found him so repulsive by the end of last season, I almost didn't watch this season.

Walt continually jumps to conclusions based on very little proof (as he did in the treasure hunters plot as well). Not a good feature for a law man. Sometimes he's shown as being so smart he can read between the lines, and then at other times, he's jumping to conclusions. I did like the scene with the three of them (Walt, Ferg, and Vic) going through possible scenarios. Ferg's come a long way. 

I was pretty annoyed as well that Cady was so easily led to physically assaulting Jacob. But I guess that can be written off to being like her father.

I'm hoping we get more Matthias time. I did enjoy seeing Lucien again, and the brief interchange between him and Ruby. It wasn't much, but it felt lived in. Seems like there could be a story there. 

• Love 2

Walt continually jumps to conclusions based on very little proof...

And then is like a dog with a bone and he won't let it go.  In in the past he actually admitted his obsession had kept him from looking in other directions (the whole "I need new boots discussion with Henry) but he hasn't seem to learn from it.  Jacob isn't necessarily a totally good guy but even Walt knows that Malachi is pure evil.  Of course Jacob doesn't always help his own case with by some of his reactions, either.

As much as I dread seeing the trial (which I fear will be endless) it will be interesting to hear what Jacob has to say.  But they may surprise us like they did with Barlow's death in only the third or fourth episode of that season. I expected that to drag on as well.

• Love 2

I'm with Vic - little family cemeteries creep me out. I get why people have them, but I still don't like them.

When Ferg found all that cash stashed around the farmer's house and then asked, "How much do people pay for goat millk?" I wanted to tell him A LOT.

I totally cracked up when Vic's response to Ferg finding all that cash was to look at Walt and say, "So a crazy, paranoid old man is hiding his cash because he doesn't trust the banks?"

Ferg really stepped it up in this episode. First when the treasure hunters didn't want to help look for the missing guy, he pulled out that "campers must move five miles after 14 days" thing to get them to help, and later he spotted the broken branch that led them to the body.

The guy who killed his brother said that the treasure was at the goat farmer's house but what was it? All Lucian found was Cody's mother's ashes and some of her artifacts, none of which were Anson Hamilton treasure.

While I get Travis asking Vic if she's taking her vitamins because he's worried about her having a healthy pregnancy, he really crossed the line by (1) telling Walt she's pregnant and (2) saying one of them has to marry her.

• Love 4

I don't believe there was any treasure there - just one of the many places the hunters mistakenly thought the clues led. Of course, it was treasure in a sense - for Cody. And those artifacts were, apparently, valuable since he believed his step-father had enough reason to sell them off.

• Love 2

At the end of the episode after the brother confessed, he said, "We were right, though. About the treasure. It was there. Adam would've been happy about that." He couldn't have been referring to the valuable artifacts that belonged to Cody's mother because the Anson Hamilton treasure hunters have been looking for years and Cody's mother only died seven months ago. So what treasure was Jay convinced was there? And why didn't he go dig it up at any point?

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

At the end of the episode after the brother confessed, he said, "We were right, though. About the treasure. It was there. Adam would've been happy about that." He couldn't have been referring to the valuable artifacts that belonged to Cody's mother because the Anson Hamilton treasure hunters have been looking for years and Cody's mother only died seven months ago. So what treasure was Jay convinced was there? And why didn't he go dig it up at any point?

I believe that when he said that, the brother didn't know that what had been dug up had simply been Cody's mother and artifacts. I think he only knew that someone had returned and removed something from the grave. So, he jumped to the conclusion that someone had, indeed, found the treasure. 

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 2

I didn't find the mystery of the week interesting, but enjoyed the episode anyway thanks to Lucian's appearance. He would get involved in this treasure hunt. One thing I like about Longmire is how it sets up long term story arcs like this Anson Hamilton treasure.

Travis crossed the line from annoying to disgusting in this episode with his "not the freshest eggs" comment and telling Walt about Vic's pregnancy.

I thought Travis' "not the freshest eggs" comment was hilarious, especially followed by Vic's deadpanned response (paraphrasing) how do you remain single?

But omg, the writing.  Come on.  Walt decides Jacob is the one who staked Henry because Jacob's stakes were used.  Anyone in their right mind would think Jacob was being set up by Malachi/Darious who they already knew to be looking for.  And Cady -beating- Jacob with those that thick stake.  Come on, it just isn't realistic especially given how focused on obeying the law she is. 

And Walt, being such a Jacob hater, sure got over it fast when he found Jacob at his house.  He didn't even take one swing or one shot at him. A real lack of consistency among many other inconsistent things.

Ferg and Lucian livened up the episode though, and it was definitely good to see Henry looking so much better.  

Funny Mathias is becoming more of a hero type and Walt less, as this series goes on.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Magic said:

Funny Mathias is becoming more of a hero type and Walt less, as this series goes on.

I am way more invested in Henry, Mathias, and Nighthorse than I am in Walt anymore.  He got caught out once with his obsession with Jacob, you'd have think  he'd have learned something.

• Love 2
On 11/18/2017 at 6:07 AM, Paloma said:

I was yelling "Don't do it" at the TV when Travis gave Walt the ring and said either Walt should marry Vic or Travis will (assuming Vic would agree to marry Travis, which I'm sure she wouldn't). Travis's desire to see Vic taken care of is well intentioned and justified since she obviously is not taking care of herself during the pregnancy, but it's outrageous to give someone else an ultimatum to marry her--talk about treating a woman as property! Travis thinks he is the father of the baby, so even from the standpoint of taking responsibility for the pregnancy and child it does not make sense to say that Walt should marry her. But I can give Travis a pass on the taking responsibility issue, because Vic treats him badly and most of the time doesn't want anything to do with him. 

Travis is not remotely one of my preferred characters, but IMHO ascribing Travis’s ultimatum to Walt as a Cro-Magnon possessive demonstration is misunderstanding the context of the scene.  Like everybody else on the planet, Travis is perpetually confused by the ambiguities of the Walt/Vic relationship.  In Travis, this confusion breeds insecurity - helped out a LOT, no doubt, by Travis’s own feelings of inferiority.  Travis’s ultimatum is simply a (fairly passive-aggressive) ploy to get Walt to back off, so Travis has - what Travis perceives to be, anyway - at least something approaching a chance at Vic.  

I think Travis would actually be a pretty great dad to a kid, and I suspect Vic thinks this as well - but in no way do I think this translates to Vic having ANY degree of real consideration for Travis as a partner in a long-term romantic relationship.  The (dis-) respect gulf is simply too huge to be overcome.

Travis: great dad material, shitty husband material.