Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Crosshairs

It's funny that the media/reviewers complained about Punisher being too violent and the comic fanboys on twitter complained about Frank not being violent enough. I feel like Goldie Locks because I think they got Frank just right, he's violent and angry and has some serious control/impulse issues but, at the same time he doesn't want to kill people he considers "good". He didn't want to (nor did he) kill anyone on the military base. It think they drew the right balance with the level of violence for Castle. 

Great episode with a hell of an ending.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7

As soon as Rawlins told Bennett he was going to "retire", I knew it was going to end with Russo taking his ass out.  Had no idea his weapon of choice would be a hidden blade.  He's like an assassin from the Assassin's Creed video game series!  Sucks that the mistress got killed too; I'm guessing to set him up?  Always good seeing Ilfenesh Hadera.

Lewis is now building a bomb?  This is not good!  I have a bad feeling something is going to happen to his dad before the season ends.  Tim Guinee is still owning it like he always does.

Frank and Daniel continue to be a fun pairing.

• Love 1

Just binged on 7 episodes in a row (with judicious use of the ffwd button, to be honest - dear Frank, I'd like you to start punishing for real, sometime soon), and I'm kind of enjoying it, though not as much as when I really fell for the Punisher, during Season 2 of Daredevil.

I realised straightaway that they were going to get rid of Bennett - what I didn't realise was that Frank didn't take Billy's offer not because he realised that Billy was one of the heroin guys, but because he wanted to deal with Agent Orange first, and then maybe take Billy's offer.

Dammit, Frank. Also, come on Dinah. I know, Ben Barnes is hot, but come on, you guys. I mean, sure, for Frank he's a brother, etc, but isn't it a teeny bit suspicious that he's practically the only one left, except for Curtis? I like that Frank and David are getting on better, but all of David's "it's so awesome and scary to think of going back to my life" talk is starting to sound like the soldier in the war movie who is going on "one more mission!" (i.e. dead. He's a dead man).

Now I want to watch the rest of the episodes, but it's late.

• Love 2

It was a good raid on the military base, and I liked that Frank was so bothered by going against legitimate soldiers.  I'm glad no one died during the op.  The use of the laser sight in the gas was good, and Billy showed some insight in turning his off.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:22 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Tim Guinee is still owning it like he always does.

I felt so bad for his character.  He wants so much to help and doesn't know how, or that it's too late.

I'm beginning to think Frank ain't so smart. Yes, the legit authorities aren't after you, Frank, but you already know these guys aren't legit. So they are still after you. And Lieberman knows he tripped something.

So Frank can tell legit soldiers from mercenaries dressed like soldiers? So he knows which ones to kill?

Bennett was doomed from the beginning.  You knew it was happening.  Guaranteed with "Retiring".

I don't like the story with the youngster becoming unhinged, and now he's making bombs.  I actually think the story from the Father's perspective would be stronger.   That's just me, though.