Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Crisis of Faith

Well, this one was kind of fun like in the old days.  It was nice to see Kaya and the kid and grandma and I hope they get rescued.  The kid looked to be at least two, so I wonder how long Citizen Z has been gone?

I have no idea what fell on him, but I found myself cracking up. 

At least Murphy got to see his St. Lucy. 

• Love 1

As the gang encounters the Canadian border, they encounter Zombie mounties, Zombie campers (complete with backpacks) and Zombie Bob and Doug MacKenzie (still wearing their toques).

They are now years into the ZA, how do these Zs still have hats on ?

The part that was odd about the Zombie hockey players was -- not how they kept their hockey gloves on, but where were their skates ?  Because I would have loved to have seen Zs try to walk on skates.

Finally we get Kaya in the Skya and Nana and baby Citizen Z, but how in the hell did Zona soldiers find Camp Northern Light let alone walk there apparently.

I liked Doc's t-shirt -- I went to Michigan and all I got was SAD.

The nun holding the guitar -- why would a Z still be holding a guitar after all this time ?

Murphy: "This is why I hate organized religion."

Doc: "Oh no no no"
Murphy: "Christ !"
Doc: "I am going to hell even more than I was before."
Murphy: "We're already in hell Doc, it can only go up from here."

Even though that was a bishop in the tomb, I was hoping someone would make a crack about it being the pope of Zombietown.

And what is with that green gas from the dead Z re-animating the actual dead ?  Where did that come from ?

12 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

What the hell dropped on him at the end?

That appeared to be a Zombie nun.  Smell ya later Lewis, I guess St. Theresa's finger won't be curing anyone anytime soon.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
9 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

What the hell dropped on him at the end?

A zombie.  Aw, poor Lou, was hoping he would make it.

That was fun,  Bob and Doug MacKenzie! Plus a "take off" joke from Doc.  I also laughed at Sarge's "Oh, Canada".

Murphy was snarking away and I really like when he and Roberta work together.  Interesting that he sees a green paradise while she sees a hellscape, though Murphy could feel her pain. 

I wondered what the green stuff was leaking from the zombie in the tunnel.

Sometimes you just gotta believe.

• Love 1

Really enjoyed the first six minutes of this episode. We had Kaya, baby CZ, and Nana. Don't know what happened to Dude, but I guess they couldn't afford to rent him for a day. We heard the full lexicon of Canada jokes, and there are some fun bits. Then it sort of fell apart for me. In these past two episodes, Doc has pretty much become a caricature of himself, and I don't like it. 10K is the invisible companion, seldom seen and even more seldom heard. I did like the look he gave Murphy when Murphy thought 10K had saved him, kind of "Really, you thought I'd waste the bullets?" There was a new quest for a sacred finger, which turned out to be a hand, which pretty much ended with a thud, so what was the darn point? All we got was the group going to Canada so they could make a bunch of jokes. Then they headed south again. Really? Murphy and Warren shared a moment, which was nice, but I miss the seasons where there was actually a plot to the episodes, not just a bunch of filler material accompanied by a few minutes of actual storyline. Going to stick with it, of course, in hopes Doc and 10K can salvage my waning interest.

I liked this episode a lot. Kept me entertained throughout. At the second viewing, I picked up a lot of the little stuff. It feels different than past episode, I think because there's less said in a straightforward way. But I think they are getting somewhere. Warren voiced her suspicion that something was done to her while she was in a coma. I couldn't tell if Murphy knew anything about that. He seemed noncommittal. Was it foreshadowing that Warren was tagged as the savior? 

I think Sarge Lily came into her own in this episode. Really liked her and the actress. 

I think the question for this season was voiced by Doc a while back. He asked "What's it all for?" So all this vagueness is some allegory for that question I guess. I mean if you've survived for 8 years, what's next? You need something to keep you going. Will you make something up (like the relic hunter) and make that your mission? Warren seems convinced that while she doesn't know why she has to go East, she does know its real and not make believe. It's not something she made up. She suspects something was done to her. 

It seems to me that the various loose ends are coming together. They are going to the TV station to use its transmitter to try to contact Kaya. Maybe she sends them to the next destination. IMDB's episode summaries have been updated for Episodes 10 to 13. The gang returns to Mercy Labs where they first met Tellar. Could he or others have left something there that could be the cure or solution? After the lab, they head to Mt. Weather in Virginia. It's now FEMA's command base BTW. What will they find there? Is there something there to combat Zona. Or is Zona the new FEMA? The last episode is called Black Rainbow with no description. 

Mt. Weather - Best Apocalypse Survival Bunkers 

Those ZONA guys don't know how dangerous a mother can be defending her child. Kaya knows that facility and they don't. Watch out, Zona.  Nothing better happen to Kaya, Baby CZ and Nana. Baby CZ is so cute!!! Ok, just had to get that out of my system. 

I think the green zombie gas is not linked to Zona/reset/Warren's visions. I think its linked to Sun Mei/Red's disappearance. Maybe a set up for next season. 

@10Kfever, there is an upcoming Doc and TenK episode. 

• Love 2

You must have a sunny disposition; you see nuances to create a bright side. I'm just an old curmudgeon, so thanks for helping me see some of the positive bits to make me feel better about the episode. I'm still confused about the green gas...perhaps it will be featured next season (more positive thoughts!) but if it's associated with the disappearances, why wasn't the group affected? I need to ponder on this a bit more. Good excuse to watch episode again. And soooo glad to see Sketchy and Skeezy making a comeback; I was starting to wonder if they were going to have an episode this season. And a Doc/10K episode? Be still my heart!

• Love 1

This show is now something like 10 years into the ZA. It makes me sad to think about Sarge Lily, how young she is and how she probably doesnt really remember "before". That relic hunter they met, he was young as well, how the heck could he have possibly been a full blown mechanic in the "before"? He would have been a child! Things like that bug me. I still love this weirdo show anyway.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, 10kfever said:

I'm still confused about the green gas...perhaps it will be featured next season (more positive thoughts!) but if it's associated with the disappearances, why wasn't the group affected? I need to ponder on this a bit more. 

I'm wondering if the green gas in this episode is the same as the green gas in Episode 5. Remember when 10K and Doc were in the pipe works? There was a haze of green gas. 10K wondered what the smell was. In Ep 8, was it 10K who wondered about the zombie that reeked? The gas seems to affect the zombies more than the humans. At least the humans don't react to it instantly. Not like the Cardinal Z who was dead but then the gas got to it and it woke up. So, is it the gas that's making the Z's un-killable or mad somehow? It affects one then when it dies, it infects more zombies with the gas from its body?

There seems to be multiple plots and arcs going on.

Plot A - ZONA, the Reset, Warren's visions, the invisible gas that Mad Doc Zone was observing and that was in the canister that Warren loosened in Caligari's lab, Northern Lights, Black Rainbow, Murphy regressing

Plot B - Un-killable Zombies, mutating zombies, green gas in pipe works maze, green gas in the church, maybe the disappearance of SunMei and Red (are they in the maze?)

Loose Plots - Newmerica, Citizen Z

We should get more answers to fill in the blanks from the TV station, the return to Mercy Labs and Mt. Weather.

• Love 1

I was definitely bummed out to see Lou, the guy who was collecting the religious relics, killed at the end.  And all just for a final joke apparently.  Oh well.

This theory keeps popping up in my brain, even though I doubt that it has any validity:  Warren's vision, with all the burning and the ashes, wouldn't have anything to do with the way they burned Lucy on that funeral pyre, could it?  Like something to do with her telepathic abilities and connection to the other zombies?

1 hour ago, rmontro said:

I was definitely bummed out to see Lou, the guy who was collecting the religious relics, killed at the end.  And all just for a final joke apparently.  Oh well.

This theory keeps popping up in my brain, even though I doubt that it has any validity:  Warren's vision, with all the burning and the ashes, wouldn't have anything to do with the way they burned Lucy on that funeral pyre, could it?  Like something to do with her telepathic abilities and connection to the other zombies?

Way back in the 1st/2nd episode of this season, they showed one of the Zona doctors treating a Z with a chemical that produced a energetic thermal reaction that turned all the Z flesh and bone to ash -- much like Warren sees in her dream -- except that in her dream everything turns to ash indicating that once the chemical gets released into the wild that things will go horribly wrong..

• Love 1
On 11/18/2017 at 5:59 AM, Ohwell said:

I have no idea what fell on him, but I found myself cracking up.

23 hours ago, rmontro said:

I was definitely bummed out to see Lou, the guy who was collecting the religious relics, killed at the end.  And all just for a final joke apparently.

Oh, man... I just laughed and laughed and laughed.  Nobody, not one single person, meets these clowns and lives. They may think "Well, they're headed down the road... I'm safe now!"  NOPE!  Watch For Falling Zombies!  SPLORT!!!

On 11/18/2017 at 11:59 AM, 51Muses said:

I think Sarge Lily came into her own in this episode. Really liked her and the actress.

"I always wanted to interrogate someone!!!"  LOL

• Love 1