Type keyword(s) to search

Prue Leith: Paul's New Partner

• Start Topic

Of the new cast, I like Noel and Sandi, although I miss Sue and Mel, but I find Prue's judging wanting.  When critiquing the bake, Paul (and Mary in her seasons) is specific on what is wrong (under-proved, raw, dry/over-baked, one ingredient overpowering another) and gives specifics on how the bake could have been remedied.  Prue says whether a cake is moist or dry or if a flavor the baker said would be in the product isn't there but I don't remember her giving any specifics about the baking.  In other words, I learned from Mary and Paul but have not yet learned anything from Prue.

• Love 1

Her jewelry reminds me so much of the judge on the Australian bake off show. So much in fact that I thought they were one and the same. But the Aussie judge is so obsequious & i couldn't figure out how she grew a spine before joining Paul here on GBBO. So I had to do some digging & found out that Prue is not Maggie (the Aussie judge). Duh on me.

I'd never heard of Mary before watching GBBO but all of the references within the show made it clear she was revered by many of the bakers. I'm not sure who Prue is or what her credentials are.

I am not liking Prue this last season. She gives little constructive criticism and a lot of just telling the contestants how bad something is, " not your best bake".  The bakes themselves seem to have gotten more complex and the time they give them is too short. I wonder if this is due to the change in networks. It is getting more Gordon Ramsey and less Mary Berry.