Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Single Mom I'd Like to Read About

biakbiak

Frankie Shaw is interviewed by Andy Greenwald in The Watch podcast from The Ringer.

It's episode 202 of the podcast, released on 11/9/17, on iTunes.

The interview starts about 30 minutes into the hour-long podcast episode.

She said she's working on editing and post-production for some of the episodes.  I think she said she was in the middle of editing episode 105.  She expects to be doing that work for another month.

She said the pilot episode got good ratings but she's hoping they can hold the ratings in the later episodes.

• Love 1

Catholic League is mad that SMILF was nominated for Golden Globe Awards

"Much to the approval of Showtime, women are treated as sexual toys by Hollywood moguls and actors. Indeed, it basks in the sexual exploitation of women so much so that it named a show after sexual predators, 'Single Mothers I'd Like to F***."' It goes by the acronym, SMILF,"  Catholic League president Bill Donohue said in a statement Monday. "The twisted show upped the ante a few weeks ago when it suggested that the Virgin Mary was raped and forced to give birth. Last night it depicted a homosexual priest sexually embracing a drunk." 

"Women are objectified, Christianity is trashed and homosexuality is flaunted. No wonder SMILF was just nominated for the 2018 Golden Globes 'best comedy' show," Donohue said in the statement. "But it is not sure what Hollywood likes best: inviting men to see women as harlots, or bashing Christianity."

He continued: "One more thing. Hollywood has no problem with sexism — it enjoys treating women like dirt, both on the screen and in real life — but it has no tolerance for racism. This explains why a show titled SBMILF (the 'B' being for Black) would never be accepted."

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Fwiw, despite its high-faluting name, the Catholic League of America is basically a one-man operation and that one man, Bill Donahue, is a small-minded ignoramus who perpetuates a stereotype of Catholics being prudish and narrow-minded. He will show up in hair-and-makeup at the drop of a hat and thus lazy or harried media bookers for the hundreds of hours of cable news constantly book him, much to my chagrin. He's also a go-to guy for the NY Post when they're trying to stir some shit up on whatever.

The Hollywood Reporter should know better.

• Love 1

Hollywood Reporter comedy actress roundtable with Molly Shannon (Divorce), Rachel Brosnahan (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel), Frankie Shaw (SMILF), Drew Barrymore (Santa Clarita Diet), Debra Messing (Will & Grace), Alison Brie (GLOW), and Tracee Ellis Ross (Black-ish):