Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The Camp-Out

Over Charles's strong objections, the Olesons accompany the Ingalls on a family camping trip and, surprisingly, the oft-feuding families begin to enjoy each other's company. But will the warming relationship between them survive a cold plunge into a rushing river and Willie's rash decision to add a special leaf to his collection...the one that Mary won't touch?

Someone else pointed out how funny it was that the Ingalls family needed to go camping to escape the stress of living in Walnut Grove, and they invite their only source of stress to go camping with them.

• Love 3

I've always noticed that when Caroline and Harriet are worried together at the camp and Harriet admits that she likes Caroline, her voice is different. It sounds normal -- probably like Katherine MacGregor's real voice -- not the comical voice we're used to hearing. It's jarring.

• Love 2

"As if their entire pioneer lives aren't basically one giant camping trip." --- EXACTLY!! You nailed it Kim.

Yeah, I came here to make that exact point. “Let’s go catch our own food and be really close to nature ... like every day of our lives.”

• Love 1

I think the books refer, in passing, to Thanksgiving.  I don't have them in front of me, but I think it's LHOP.  Pa goes hunting and tells mom he saw their Thanksgiving and Christmas turkeys- great big fat ones.  I think he goes on to say that he saw enough fowl to shoot Ma a feather bed.   But I think that's the only reference.