Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Golden State Killer

In the 1970s, a serial rapist is on the loose in northern California. And just as his reign of terror over the community wanes, police discover he isn't just a serial rapist, he's a serial murderer and he's been killing people all over California.

I have seen this story covered on various true crime shows, and it never fails to scare the crap out of me. Someone breaking into my house and harming me or my family is one of my worst fears, and seeing this story again made me call my city to verify that our house alarm permit is up to date. I don't recall ever hearing the dinner plate detail which just about made me sick, but other than that no new information here. I wonder if LE will ever find out who this guy is/was. Personally I hope he's rotting in hell now. 

• Love 6

This guy was so brazen, no one was safe.  Unlike many crimes where cops have a good idea about the perpetrator but not enough evidence to charge them, I don't think they ever had a viable suspect.  I did learn one thing, his blood type being A+, but it truly is a mystery.

• Love 5
On 11/13/2017 at 6:23 PM, Toothbrush said:

I have seen this story covered on various true crime shows, and it never fails to scare the crap out of me. Someone breaking into my house and harming me or my family is one of my worst fears, and seeing this story again made me call my city to verify that our house alarm permit is up to date. I don't recall ever hearing the dinner plate detail which just about made me sick, but other than that no new information here. I wonder if LE will ever find out who this guy is/was. Personally I hope he's rotting in hell now. 

I'd never heard of this until recently. I think Forensic Files covered. In any case, I've seen two shows about it within the month. It amazes me DNA hasn't caught him. I mean, I'm shocked he's not in the system.  

• Love 2

The scary thing is, he could still be walking around out there.  Everyone thought that the BTK killer had moved away/died/was in prison for another crime.  He certainly couldn't still be in Wichita, could he?  And yet he was, and had continued to kill, using a different M.O.  So Golden State could still be out there, under everyone's radar. Unfortunately, he wasn't a famewhore like BTK and never wrote helpful letters to the police, bragging about his crimes.

• Love 3

I can't recall if it was this episode or another show on The Golden State Killer, but, it totally blew my mind.  This case NEEDS to be solved. There should be a way to figure this out with the right team of professionals.  He could still be alive and needs to be brought to justice.  Solving these murders should be a TOP priority.  I watch A LOT of true crime, but, this killer is in a different league, from what we see with most serial killers, imo.  

If you want a real feel for how many victims he  had and the damage that he caused, listen to the Casefiles podcasts on the case.  It took them FIVE EPISODES!!! to fully cover his crimes. It's the most thorough description of his crimes that I've ever heard/read in that they cover every single rape/break in/murder--all the known victims are covered.  Whomever he was, he was relentless.

I watched something that covered all of the Golden State killers victims.  It was UNREAL.  Apparently, he started out one way, but, then changed over to couples. The evidence is rich on this killer.  I just can't accept that they can't figure it out. 

I think mistakes were made early on, and not enough information was given out to the public.   For example, from one newlywed victim he stole an entire set of china and flatware, which was out of the norm for him.  That could have rung some bells, but was kept out of the press.

I read "Hunting a Psychopath" by one of the Sacramento detectives.  He suspects some guy he calls "Carlos", who moved onto a boat when all this came down, and apparently still lives in California waters somewhere, his DNA out of reach.  It's maddening!

An arrest has been made!  There will be an updated version of this episode shown on April 27 at 10:00 pm ET and April 29 at 8:00 pm ET.

This one really creeped me out, especially when they played the recording of the phone call he made to one of the victims.  

• Love 3