Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E05: Red Notice For Murder (Alla Aleksanko)

Ohmo
  • Start Topic

A Brooklyn woman turns to a N.Y. private eye for help tracking down a Russian beauty she believes robbed and killed her mother

48 Hours

I hope we send Viktoria back to Russia.  I believe that she absolutely murdered Nadia's mother, and she needs to stand trial for that.  Nadia is awesome.  I definitely would not want to mess with her.  I also liked how she was very blunt about how Russia operates in terms of the highway cameras.  "This is Russia.  You have money.  You pay."

I feel very sorry for Nadia and hope she does get some justice for her mom.  Viktoria is a menace to anyone she meets (and she hurt a dog).

Send her back to Russia without love.

• Love 6

I found this a very odd episode.  I'm not sure what it was.  It just seemed off to me.  I do think that Viktoria is guilty of a lot and that she's likely a killer, sociopath, but, something about it.  I just got the feeling that there was  A LOT of the story never revealed about ALL of the stores.  Not that it exonerates her in the least bit.  I just think they help back a lot.  Not sure why.   I do not believe anything that Viktoria said, especially that the car photo was fake.  lol  What else could she say?  When you can't defend it, you just say it's fake. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

That P.I. was quite the detective, wasn't he?  I loved the way he used a facebook picture of mirrored sunglasses to break this case wide open.

It's a shame that psycho-bitch will likely be incarcerated here in the US, rather than rotting away for the rest of her life in a Russian jail.  Then again, she's less likely to be able to buy her way out of the pokey here ...

I feel for Nadia, and for the tragic loss of her mother.  

• Love 5

I am curious about Nadia's finances that she can afford to jump on a plane and fly to Russia and stay for several months at a moments notice. Also, curious about the apartment sitting undisturbed including the food in the refrigerator (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for 3 years.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am curious about Nadia's finances that she can afford to jump on a plane and fly to Russia and stay for several months at a moments notice. Also, curious about the apartment sitting undisturbed including the food in the refrigerator (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for 3 years.

Yes!  Plus she can afford to hire a private investigator for what seemed like a time-consuming investigation.  Also, how did her mother amass a "secret" cash stash of $50k?  So many questions ...

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Plus she can afford to hire a private investigator for what seemed like a time-consuming investigation. 

Maybe I misheard but I thought it was mentioned that some unnamed benefactor who heard Nadia's story was paying him which leads to more questions. 

That detective was impressive like some Adrian Monk level attention to detail!

• Love 3

Different kind of 48 Hours but interesting nonetheless. I do believe Viktoria is a sociopath, murderer & loves to drug her targets to steal their money. I would have liked to heard more from the final boyfriend. How did they meet? Why is he so rich? What did he know? Yes. I’m very nosey. Also, the detective is kinda HOT and very easy on the eyes. He is also pretty smart. It’s funny I always look at people Ray Bans in their selfies on Facebook. You find so much out. Of course, nothing to this extent but those glasses show everything. I have them in blue, too and I often have to delete the pictures because it shows something random that I don’t want people to see. And, I’m not even a criminal. Really! I’m not. LOL!!!!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

I deleted the episode without finishing it because it just didn't catch my attention, but now I'm curious - what was in the reflection of her sunglasses?

If I remember correctly, it was an easily identifiable building in Brooklyn, NY which gave them clues on how to find her.  

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

If I remember correctly, it was an easily identifiable building in Brooklyn, NY which gave them clues on how to find her.  

That was a selfie she took in front of the building which wasnt easily identifiable they were already in the neighborhood because she had liked a bunch of businesses in Sheepshead Bay on FB. He noticed the stitching on the carseat she was sitting in and figured out the make and model of the car and did a search of registrations of the car in NY and found one with a a Russian sounding name who lived in that apartment building and the selfie helped confirm they were on the right track. For all the talk about the reflection in the sunglasses it had nothing to do with finding her the only thing he saw was the dashboard of the car and new it was fairly new because of the console. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That was a selfie she took in front of the building which wasnt easily identifiable they were already in the neighborhood because she had liked a bunch of businesses in Sheepshead Bay on FB. He noticed the stitching on the carseat she was sitting in and figured out the make and model of the car and did a search of registrations of the car in NY and found one with a a Russian sounding name who lived in that apartment building and the selfie helped confirm they were on the right track. For all the talk about the reflection in the sunglasses it had nothing to do with finding her the only thing he saw was the dashboard of the car and new it was fairly new because of the console. 

Thank you biakbiak and AZChristian. Wow, that is some detective work!

• Love 2