Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Rock the Catwalk

Drink every time Mitchell says "Ariana Grande" and you'll be drunk in less than ten minutes! I laughed when they showed his footage from the concert with the chyron "actual footage from the concert." Thanks for clarifying that, show. If not for that, I would have just assumed it was fake footage.

Loved Sandy winning just because I know it made Corey mad. After all the shit Corey has talked about Sandy, I was happy for Sandy to get a win. He did create a very striking look with the hair and makeup, which no one else did, so he was the clear winner for me. As for Corey bitching that the model couldn't see with that big hunk of hair, there are plenty of looks that weren't meant to be worn to, say, the grocery store.

Where did this "Mitchell is immature" and "Mitchell is good...for his age" suddenly come from? I don't think that his work in previous weeks was immature. He has done really well and he won two (?) challenges. His work has been consistently good so it was a surprise to me that the judges made it sound like he's been fucking up this whole time.

I would have sent Corey home, not for his shitty attitude (which is shitty, without a doubt), but for his mediocre look this week. He curled his model's hair and gave her a smoky eye. That's it. There was nothing special or interesting about his look, let alone iconic.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I would have sent Corey home, not for his shitty attitude (which is shitty, without a doubt), but for his mediocre look this week. He curled his model's hair and gave her a smoky eye. That's it. There was nothing special or interesting about his look, let alone iconic.

I'm fully behind the judges sending Corey home because of his shitty attitude. Based off next week's preview, it would appear as if the judges get critical toward him about his attitude. But the preview edit might be to throw us off, which means he'll be a finalist or win the damn thing. 

I don't mind Catherine, but her look was terrible. The colorful coat with the overly made up and colorful face? I knew that look was going to land her in the bottom. 

I didn't quite understand where the judge criticism of Mitchell being "immature" came from because it felt as if they pulled that out of their asses. Mitchell comes across as significantly more mature than most of the older contestants. He never really trashed his competitors nor was he mean-spirited. He seemed to focus on himself and the judges' critiques of him. 

I, too, was glad to see Sandy win a challenge. I wasn't sure how well the singular bang was going to work, but once Sandy and his MUA were finished, I thought the result was pretty cool. Iconic, even. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I don't mind Catherine, but her look was terrible. The colorful coat with the overly made up and colorful face? I knew that look was going to land her in the bottom.

Although I wasn’t a fan of her look, I thought she deserved to stay over Corey and Mitchell because she tried to do something really different. Corey just did a regular old smokey eye and all Mitchell really added was glitter eyeliner. Their hair and makeup was the farthest from iconic as you could get. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Although I wasn’t a fan of her look, I thought she deserved to stay over Corey and Mitchell because she tried to do something really different. Corey just did a regular old smokey eye and all Mitchell really added was glitter eyeliner. Their hair and makeup was the farthest from iconic as you could get. 

I agree with you about Corey's and Mitchell's looks. Catherine's look felt dated. 

I think she could have been in the top had she opted for a different coat. For me, the coat distracted from the model's face and makeup.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

I'm glad someone is enjoying this series. To me it's one of the worst of these kinds of shows - fashion/beauty reality competitions. It's cheaply thrown together and clumsy. The judges seem embarrassed to be there. And the "mentor" doesn't do anything more than quickly dart in and out of scenes and dispense tired cliches of "wisdom." He's very self-conscious.

I do enjoy a Manchester accent. Lavender-hair has one of the strangest accents I've heard. I think it's Appalachian, or Deep South.

I would have enjoyed Sandy's win, and snotty kid with the rage problem being put in his place, but for Sandy's get-up. A grown man needs to give up the desperate rocker look, or learn how to carry it off. Sandy is probably talented, but he looks like a caricature.

I might keep watching for the makeup and hair.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I do enjoy a Manchester accent. Lavender-hair has one of the strangest accents I've heard. I think it's Appalachian, or Deep South.

Definitely not Appalachian (I’m from there). I’m getting more Wisconsin/Minnesota type accent mixed with some sort of speech impediment or inflection she’s doing on purpose?? It’s super weird. BTW, I love that you know there is a difference between Appalachian and southern accents - most people don’t!

This is show is awful but I can’t stop watching the train wreck. 

• Love 1

Guys, when I heard about this show I set my DVR to record the series. I watched the first episode and it was so mediocre I haven't been able to stir up enough interest to watch it again. Did this get any better? Or should I delete all of it and move on?

I’m getting more Wisconsin/Minnesota type accent mixed with some sort of speech impediment or inflection she’s doing on purpose?? 

Newp. Native Minnesotan here; it's not even close. I think you're right though that it's her own special act that she's putting on  

This show is is so terrible. At this point I'm just hate watching. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 2

My people! I can't stand this show but I have to watch. Its like an exercise in "how not to make a reality show", its so bad. Its nonsensical. I'm just watching now to see Corey get his comeuppance. God what an insufferable petulant man baby.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Its like an exercise in "how not to make a reality show", its so bad. Its nonsensical.

I know, right? Let's have an uneven number of makeup artists and hair stylists competing and then pair them up with other people who are their partners but aren't eligible to win the grand prize and then let's get a host who sound like a robot whose battery is winding down and then let the attention whores be their attention whore selves while doing nonsensical challenges with terrible models who can barely walk down the runway. I mean, this show makes Project Runway (which has been TERRIBLE for several seasons) look like they have their shit together.

• Love 2

I saw one season of Shear Genius, so tuned into this one, thinking it would be fun. I'm with the rest of you hate-watchers. It's painful to watch, but I can't look away! Mitchell was probably the best (or at least the nicest) part of the show, and I'll miss him. Though I won't miss trying to figure out why he's always in bike shorts like the ones we used to wear under our skirts in middle school... But he didn't bring any drama, so of course they had to cut him, but keep Corey, even though they both put together the same look.

• Love 1
On 11/1/2017 at 1:37 AM, Rachel81 said:

I saw one season of Shear Genius, so tuned into this one, thinking it would be fun. I'm with the rest of you hate-watchers. It's painful to watch, but I can't look away! Mitchell was probably the best (or at least the nicest) part of the show, and I'll miss him. Though I won't miss trying to figure out why he's always in bike shorts like the ones we used to wear under our skirts in middle school... But he didn't bring any drama, so of course they had to cut him, but keep Corey, even though they both put together the same look.

Shear Genius was sheer genius compared to this show.  However, I think it is a little more palatable without Jon.

• Love 1
On 10/28/2017 at 11:31 PM, Ladystardust said:

Definitely not Appalachian (I’m from there). I’m getting more Wisconsin/Minnesota type accent mixed with some sort of speech impediment or inflection she’s doing on purpose?? It’s super weird. BTW, I love that you know there is a difference between Appalachian and southern accents - most people don’t!

This is show is awful but I can’t stop watching the train wreck. 

Tyme's voice reminds me of Miss Davis (teacher-night stripper) in Varsity Blues. 

Miss Davis

• Love 1