Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Skeleton Crew

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

Uh, when I said "she has to realize her place in regards to Gibbs, or it will just be annoying," I didn't mean she is an underling. But he is a senior agent and well respected, and if they are going to work well together as equals, she should treat him that way instead of forcing her way into his house under false pretenses; I think that was a misstep. Yes, Ducky works "with" Gibbs, and I hope this character does, too. Like I wrote, when they have conflict just for conflict's sake, it's annoying, for me anyway.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, ForReal said:

To this day I can't watch any episodes with Jamie Lee Curtis. To me she looked positively reptilian.

I had a co-worker with the same haircut. I refer to her as "lizard," because I thought her hair was so short it looked like scales.

• Love 1

Maybe I’m old- but I hate it when professional educated women show up to work in an outfit that plunges extremely low or has a hemline 12 inches above the knee. First Sloan meets Gibbs under false pretenses and then she shows up to her first day of work looking like she just left the dance floor.   Now, just as a disclaimer, dressing like that doesn’t give  anyone leave to touch you inappropriately- but it does detract people from taking you seriously. 

Having said all that- I wouldn’t be surprised if she is Gibbs final love  interest for when his character rides off into the sunset. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Changedisn’t to is - you knew what I meant, right?
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Maybe I’m old- but I hate it when professional educated women show up to work in an outfit that plunges extremely low or has a hemline 12 inches above the knee. First Sloan meets Gibbs under false pretenses and then she shows up to her first day of work looking like she just left the dance floor.   Now, just as a disclaimer, dressing like that doesn’t give  anyone leave to touch you inappropriately- but it does detract people from taking you seriously. 

Having said all that- I wouldn’t be surprised if she is Gibbs final love  interest for when his character rides off into the sunset. 

I definitely agree. I mentioned the same thing about the female agents on the NOLA version. I also hate tumbles of princess hair, especially when they're in the field.

I'm not a fan of "will they or won't they," especially in a group so small that it affects co-workers. This franchise doesn't seem to understand that people can work together without falling in love, so I doubt we'll be spared. I'm tired of the older man/younger woman cliche. If Gibbs has to ride off into the sunset with a love interest I want it to be competent, emotionally together woman in her sixties.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

I'm not a fan of "will they or won't they," especially in a group so small that it affects co-workers. This franchise doesn't seem to understand that people can work together without falling in love, so I doubt we'll be spared. I'm tired of the older man/younger woman cliche. If Gibbs has to ride off into the sunset with a love interest I want it to be competent, emotionally together woman in her sixties.

Me neither (though I did meet my husband at work...so I relate to that). And while people whose lives revolve around work do tend to meet and marry those they meet at work, it does get tedious on TV. NCIS tends to be a little too Bonanza in that regard (how many lovers have been threatened and/or killed by now?)

I understand the desire for Gibbs to ride off with a woman of a certain age.  Bello just turned 50, so it's not that big of a disparity in terms of life experience. If they're going to go with the cliche, which seems likely, I'm okay with this particular match. 

Fun fact, Mark is a month older than his wife. Pam hasn't done much lately, maybe she should come on the show and ride off into the sunset with Gibbs. (kidding)

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

If they're going to go with the cliche, which seems likely, I'm okay with this particular match. 

Fun fact, Mark is a month older than his wife. Pam hasn't done much lately, maybe she should come on the show and ride off into the sunset with Gibbs. (kidding)

I guess they  won't copy Babylon 5 and the way Bruce Boxleitner and his ex wife rode, briefly, into a different sunset.  (I'd like to think that NCIS has a five year plan.)

• Love 2

Miss Ducky for sure. Abby helping Mr. Palmer with encouragement as he was doubting he could fill in Ducky's shoes was nice. Also him trying to fit that bow tie was nice. Later he talks to corpse JG Helen Wynn. Liked how he tries to get info. like Ducky does. Jacqueline Sloane coming in then Gibbs made me laugh when Jimmy said it was awkward for the silence. Speaking of Jack, figured that Gibbs would find out about her and her real job after she was in his house. Also where else better to leave her when you wanted to go to work and find out more about her? The interaction was good. Didn't like her turning off Gibbs elevator. Not everyone would think about doing that or that it is "right" to do it. Especially in a new to you, government facility. I liked the actress in the detective series, "Prime Suspect" back in 2012. She starred with Aidan Quinn(Elementary) and Damon Gumpton(just killed off Criminal Minds). One thing about her job on NCIS is a different angle to investigations. She doesn't just replace Quinn or Ducky, she has a different job. It's not like when Quinn or Torres or Bishop came, it wasn't "plug and play" to replace Tony or Ziva.
Liked the interaction between Bishop and ex school mate, Thomas Buckner(90210) was cute, and I was glad he wasn't bad. Looks like something could come of it. Also liked that he went to Syracuse University, that is one hour from me. Liked that she talked about loosing her friend. Also like that "Doctor Beverly Crusher" from "Next Gen" playing Mrs. Belmont of the soap empire Belmonts' as Helen's mom. She still looks good. But with the storm and Jack and Bishop/Nicks/Jimmy/Abby/Tim interactions I kind of didn't think out the mystery. But with other then the short bit about Buckner or hubby Ethan being behind it, there was only 2 other suspects that stood out, PO Joe Smiddy and Mitch Greyson. So with some thinking you could put them on the case of trying to steal the $300,000 bucks. But we really didn't know until the end why she was kidnapped. Episode was good though. Also figured that Abby's Zombie bag somehow would come into play.

I actually had a tormentor from high school on my 20th reunion apologize.  He told me he was sorry and said that I looked like I could crush him now. I'm 6-3 200, he is about 5-6, 170- 180. My father after I told him about the apology asked me why I didn't torment him the rest of the party? But I feel good that most of my old class has grown up. And they actually like me. We don't hang out, but that is fine.

Edited by webruce
deleted link to other site i posted on. Added thought.
On 10/18/2017 at 0:12 PM, Humbugged said:

Was it even a new hire ? I thought she had just been reassigned to DC - Ducky has been pulling double duty doing the autopsies and profiling for years and if McCallum is winding down in kinda makes sense that the roles had to be split between Dr Jimmy and the newbie .And Gibbs knew she was coming anyway because Ducky told him

An heh Teddy Montgomery joined the navy

http://90210.wikia.com/wiki/Teddy_Montgomery

Had forgotten this. Been watching Beverly Hills 90210 on Hulu. Except found-out they were short some episodes.