Type keyword(s) to search

FTWD In The Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Comic-Con@Home: AMC Sets Panels For ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘Fear The Walking Dead’, The Walking Dead: World Beyond’ And ‘NOS4A2’
By Dino-Ray Ramos    June 22, 2020 
https://deadline.com/2020/06/comic-con-at-home-amc-the-walking-dead-fear-the-walking-dead-the-walking-dead-world-beyond-and-nos4a2-1202966227/

AMC has unveiled its lineup for this year’s virtual edition of San Diego Comic-Con — also known as Comic-Con@Home which runs July 23-26. The Walking Dead universe will be out in full force with the franchise’s original series as well as Fear the Walking Dead and the newest addition The Walking Dead: World Beyond. In addition, there will be a panel for the vampire drama NOS4A2. Dates and times for the panels will be announced at a later date.
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
Fear the Walking Dead will present a panel for the series’ upcoming sixth season, premiering later this year. Moderated by Hardwick, the panel will feature Gimple, Showrunners and Executive Producers Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg and cast members Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Karen David, Jenna Elfman and Rubén Blades.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Friday panel schedule for Comic-Con@Home (SDCC's 2020 virtual event) has been posted...
https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/friday

Friday, July 24:
12:00pm PDT    AMC's Fear the Walking Dead

Fear the Walking Dead will present a panel for the series' upcoming sixth season, premiering later this year. Moderated by Chris Hardwick, the panel will feature TWDU chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, showrunners and executive producers Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, and cast members Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Karen David, Jenna Elfman, and Rubén Blades. Season six of Fear the Walking Dead explores what has become of the unlikely family once united by a mission to help those in need. After being torn apart by Virginia (Colby Minifie) and her Pioneers, the group is now dispersed across her far-reaching settlements. Morgan's (James) last message at the end of season five implored the group to "Just Live" and this season we'll see what that means to each of them. Some will find the stability and opportunity within Virginia's communities to be intriguing, some will sink into darkness, while others will fight back against what has been forced upon them. Life behind Virginia's walls will test each and every one of them in different ways, forcing them to define who they are in this new world.
4:00pm PDT    Comic-Con: Robert Kirkman at Home 
Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead, Invincible, Fire Power) shares his latest projects and answers your questions!

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Warning: I have not watched this entire video, so I don't know if there are any spoilers...

Fear the Walking Dead | Comic-Con@Home 2020
Comic-Con International   Jul 24, 2020

Fear the Walking Dead will present a panel for the series’ upcoming sixth season, premiering later this year. Moderated by Chris Hardwick, the panel will feature TWDU chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, showrunners and executive producers Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, and cast members Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Karen David, Jenna Elfman, and Rubén Blades. Season six of Fear the Walking Dead explores what has become of the unlikely family once united by a mission to help those in need. After being torn apart by Virginia (Colby Minifie) and her Pioneers, the group is now dispersed across her far-reaching settlements. Morgan’s (James) last message at the end of season five implored the group to “Just Live” and this season we’ll see what that means to each of them. Some will find the stability and opportunity within Virginia's communities to be intriguing, some will sink into darkness, while others will fight back against what has been forced upon them. Life behind Virginia's walls will test each and every one of them in different ways, forcing them to define who they are in this new world.

Edited by tv echo

You can now watch this virtual panel with the showrunners from all three Walking Dead series (TWD, FtWD, TWD: WB) plus Scott Gimple, from NYCC that premiered on Oct. 9...

The Walking Dead Showrunners Summit | Entertainment Weekly Presents
New York Comic Con    Streamed live on Oct 9, 2020

Entertainment Weekly brings together the showrunners from all three TWD series—Angela Kang (The Walking Dead), Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg (Fear the Walking Dead), Matt Negrete (The Walking Dead: World Beyond)—along with Chief Content Officer Scott M. Gimple to discuss the past, present, and future of the franchise, including the recently announced end of the original show as well as the development of multiple future spin-offs. EW Executive Editor At Large Dalton Ross will moderate the conversation.

Edited by tv echo
On 10/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, Iguessnot said:

Someone remind me. What was in season 3 that was so excellent?

Wasn't Season 3 the season where they spent the first half futzing around with the separatist preppers and natives over land rights and the back half over water rights? There actually were some interesting ideas at play there, both historically and how much any of it even really mattered in a ZA where pretty much nothing was enforceable beyond what you could hold on to for yourself. It also gave us batshit Troy, he of the weird chemistry with both Madison and Nick. Then they introduced yet another set of new villains in the dam explosion and then killed them mostly in the same episode or two.

I mostly enjoyed the following season reboot that gave us fairly likeable new characters and piecing together what had happened to the original recipe crew. But it was like once they got the gang all together they had absolutely no idea what to do with them. As much as I have generally liked Morgan on both series and the less aggressively nihilistic tone of this show, having all of them mindlessly embrace his "we help people" mantra hasn't done any of them any favors and in some cases made them simply too dumb to live. I was originally happy they found a way to keep both Strand and Daniel on the show, but they sanded off all the edges that made them interesting to start with to fit within the group.

This year's WonderCon@Home, March 26-27, 2021, includes a Fear the Walking Dead panel...

Full Schedule: https://www.comic-con.org/wca/2021/athome/complete-programming

Saturday, March 27, 2021
7:00pm - 8:00pm    AMC's Fear the Walking Dead

The second half of Fear's sixth season, premiering on Sunday, April 11 reveals the impact of what living under Virginia's control has done to each person in this group who once saw themselves as a family while Virginia grows increasingly desperate to find her sister. Showrunners Ian Goldberg and Andrew Chambliss, along with Lennie James (“Morgan Jones”), Colman Domingo (“Victor Strand”), and Jenna Elfman (“June Dorie”) dicess the fun behind-the-scenes anecdotes, the art of crafting this season's anthology-style format and watch two sneak peek clips of the interwoven webs of new alliances, tested relationships and loyalties forever changed in the remaining episodes of the season. Discover the meaning of, “The End is the Beginning.” Moderated by SyFy Wire’s senior producer Tara Bennett.

Edited by tv echo

“Fear the Walking Dead Digital Spin-off Series ‘Dead in the Water’ Announced by AMC”

AMC Networks is developing a digital original scripted series set in the Walking Dead Universe that ties into the sixth season of Fear the Walking Dead, the network announced on Friday. New digital series Dead in the Water "tells the story of a submarine crew fighting for survival, cut off from the surface world just as the apocalypse hits, becoming a nuclear-fueled walker-filled death trap with no way out." 

At last something that sounds interesting, the only downside is Chambliss, Goldberg and Gimple will be making it 😒

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/walking-dead-digital-original-series-fear-the-walking-dead-spinoff-dead-in-water-submarine-amc/

AMC's Fear the Walking Dead | WonderCon@Home 2021
Comic-Con International    Mar 27, 2021

The second half of Fear's sixth season, premiering on Sunday, April 11 reveals the impact of what living under Virginia's control has done to each person in this group who once saw themselves as a family while Virginia grows increasingly desperate to find her sister. Showrunners Ian Goldberg and Andrew Chambliss, along with Lennie James (“Morgan Jones”), Colman Domingo (“Victor Strand”), and Jenna Elfman (“June Dorie”) discuss the fun behind-the-scenes anecdotes, the art of crafting this season's anthology-style format and watch two sneak peek clips of the interwoven webs of new alliances, tested relationships and loyalties forever changed in the remaining episodes of the season. Discover the meaning of, “The End is the Beginning.” Moderated by SyFy Wire’s senior producer Tara Bennett.

Edited by tv echo
On 3/20/2021 at 8:02 AM, OoohMaggie said:

“Fear the Walking Dead Digital Spin-off Series ‘Dead in the Water’ Announced by AMC”

AMC Networks is developing a digital original scripted series set in the Walking Dead Universe that ties into the sixth season of Fear the Walking Dead, the network announced on Friday. New digital series Dead in the Water "tells the story of a submarine crew fighting for survival, cut off from the surface world just as the apocalypse hits, becoming a nuclear-fueled walker-filled death trap with no way out." 

At last something that sounds interesting, the only downside is Chambliss, Goldberg and Gimple will be making it 😒

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/walking-dead-digital-original-series-fear-the-walking-dead-spinoff-dead-in-water-submarine-amc/

That set up sounds similar to a video game I had about 17 or 18 years ago.

It was about a blond guy stuck on a ship filled with zombies. I can't recall if it was a "Resident Evil" zombie game (probably).

Nautical Zombies.

12 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

'Fear TWD' showrunners said star was 'disappointed' and 'heartbroken' by the big reveal on Sunday's mid-season premiere

This is the only story I've seen that makes John Dorie's end sound storyline dictated instead of just a matter of the actor wanting to move on, but even it includes his quote about having approached the showrunners for an exit strategy more than a season ago. So who knows?

Yeah, I saw two articles late last night that gave conflicting accounts.

One article said it was the show writers' idea for the character to get killed off, while another article said it was mutual - it was a little of both, the actor kind of wanted off and the writers thought Dorie's death would be good story-wise. 

Fear the Walking Dead’s Season 6B Shocker Was Planned Since Season 5

From that article:

Dillahunt went on to explain Dorie's death was part personal request to move on, part creative story decision.

Regardless, I think this move will hurt the show. Dorie was (IMO anyway) one of the few good things about this show. I might save my comments about that for the "The Door" thread.

• Love 1
On 4/12/2021 at 6:58 AM, nodorothyparker said:

'Fear TWD' showrunners said star was 'disappointed' and 'heartbroken' by the big reveal on Sunday's mid-season premiere

This is the only story I've seen that makes John Dorie's end sound storyline dictated instead of just a matter of the actor wanting to move on, but even it includes his quote about having approached the showrunners for an exit strategy more than a season ago. So who knows?

Dillahunt was probably hoping for a FTWD equivalent of Dorie joining Georgia’s group, or attending a Power Rangers peace conference, or simply disappearing; anything with an potential for later return, really, vs. getting killed and killed again.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Dillahunt was probably hoping for a FTWD equivalent of Dorie joining Georgia’s group, or attending a Power Rangers peace conference, or simply disappearing; anything with an potential for later return, really, vs. getting killed and killed again.

This would have been my choice.

I may have mentioned it on the "The Door" thread in this forum

- but I was thinking if the actor just wanted a break for whatever reason,
whether he wanted to be in new movies, or because his father died in real life, whatever
- I don't understand why the show people didn't just leave his ending really hazy and vague.

If they had done so, it could've left the door (no pun intended!) open for the actor to come back in a year or two and resume playing the character.

IMO, the John Dorie character is even better than the Daryl Dixon character;
he was the best thing in the Walking Dead franchise.

I can't imagine how insane the WD fans would've gone if Daryl had been killed off within the first few seasons of Walking Dead. But they did this to the Dorie character.

I am mystified that they killed Dorie off altogether, rather than keeping the situation open so he has the potential to return.

They wrote off Maggie Green's character in such a way that the actress who plays her got to take off one - two years to go work on another show, and when that other show failed, they just wrote her back in! I wish they had done that with Dorie.

Contrary to all the comments I've seen under videos about this (John Dorie's death) on You Tube, I do think this has ruined or tainted FWD.

I didn't hate the Madison character, btw, but I am puzzled by some other people's severe devotion to her, in that they are screaming and yelling under videos about Dorie's death that she has not been written back on. 

It's absolutely criminal that while the show had the Dorie character that they didn't use him better than they did, or use him more often. They either ignored him for long stretches of time or gave him really idiotic story lines.

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Like 1

Here are some various recent editorials, reviews, or articles about Fear The Walking Dead:

The New Big Bad On ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Will Be Someone From John Dorie’s Past

This is written by Erik Kain, who is normally pretty negative in his reviews of "Fear."
I sometimes agree with some of his criticisms, sometimes not. I sometimes think he's a little too nit picky or negative about the show:

‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Season 6, Episode 10 Review: Maybe Learn To Fight Without Guns - on Forbes, by Erik Kain

Excerpts:

There are too many characters in Fear The Walking Dead and too few characters we actually care about still. 

...In just about every episode this season, I can see a better episode just itching to get out. Many improvements have been made in Season 6, but so many little things hold it back.

...And having her [June] come back so soon after making her badass exit [on the previous episode] just cheapens that moment for no reason.

...Also, Morgan Town is so ridiculous. Why are they building a town beneath a dam? Why don’t they all move to Lawton now that it’s under Strand’s control? There are real houses and creature comforts there and it’s not, you know, beneath a dam. I don’t get it.

...It’s [this episode is] just kind of boring and the voice-over is irritating and by the end we really don’t know anything new about the mysterious villains (yay another crappy group of bad guys!) and we don’t even get one minute of Alicia.

....Is it just me or is it kind of weird that both Charlie and Dakota are living with everyone like nothing’s happened when Charlie killed Nick and Dakota killed John Dorie? 

In that review by Kain, he mentions that June is not qualified to ascertain if the Daniel character has dementia or some other kind of brain dysfunction or not.

To be fair!, if you paid close attention, the June character herself says at least once, maybe twice, that psychiatry is NOT her area of expertise, so she will have to study more on those issues and get back to Daniel later.

I think she repeats that to Morgan before she leaves, too.

BUT... she did run some basic tests on Daniel, like having him draw a clock with hands on it, asking him to repeat back a list of memorized words...

One of my family members (years ago) was displaying mental confusion, and yes, the nurses and doctors who dropped in to her hospital room had my mother do things like draw a clock with hands on it, memorize a list of words, and every five or so minutes, they would ask her to repeat the list back.

Those were some of the things June had Daniel do in the episode.

These are basic tests that can maybe indicate if the person has dementia or what not, so that part of the show WAS accurate. You don't have to have a brain surgery medical degree to utilize those tests and draw conclusions from them.

The next link:
This was written before the episode where the Daniel character lost touch with reality and June acted as his informal therapist, so... I think the show may be NOT taking June into a ruthless Madison direction after all (wasted opportunity!):

Fear The Walking Dead Makes June The Perfect Madison Replacement

Fear The Walking Dead's Ruben Blades Has Lots Of Thoughts About That Big Salazar Twist And Strand's Offer

Excerpts:

For the actor, it was important to first understand why this was even happening to Salazar at this point. According to Blades:

...."What helped me was that the background is similar to what happened to Daniel when he lost a grip with reality when Ophelia died, and with Griselda as well. It's like, I failed. I am the strong guy, I'm the guy who does this, I'm the badass and I couldn't protect my wife, and I couldn't protect my daughter. And that thing is in the back of his head always, no matter what he does"

‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Is Killing Off Its Cast At A Rapid Clip (this contains some spoilers)

Excerpts:

The Fear cast has gotten pretty expansive at this point where I’m not surprised to see them cutting it down. But it’s also not clear whether these deaths are by actor request, or written into the series on purpose, as the show has done both before. Madison Clark was killed as actress Kim Dickens didn’t seem to be on board with that plan. But actor Frank Dillane wanted to leave the series, which is why Nick Clark was killed.

I would not be shocked if Garret Dillahunt wanted to move on to new projects, though we’ve heard nothing to confirm that.

...Who is next on the chopping block? I have my guesses as to who might want to depart. I do have to wonder if Alycia Debnam-Carey is tired of not leading the series after six years now, and might want to move on. 

Fear The Walking Dead Narrowly Avoids Creating Its Own Negan

The ending of Fear the Walking Dead season 6, episode 9 came very close to giving the series its own version of Negan from the main show.

Ah, okay, I found some answers to the questions I had about tonight's episode.

Fear the Walking Dead Introduces a Cult More Terrifying Than the Whisperers

Excerpts from that page:

May 2, 2021

Fear the Walking Dead finally introduces The End is the Beginning community, a threat even more terrifying than The Walking Dead's Whisperers.

by J. White

...Upon trying to escape, Riley captures the group. He brings them to an embalming room, threatening to kill them if they don't reveal Morgan's location.

Thanks to Wes, the group flees again, barricading themselves in a back room filled with embalmed walkers.

The preserved dead are hanging by their arms with their mouths clamped shut. They are fresh, implying the cult finds people to kill and embalms them to use later. In a way, the room is essentially their pantry.

(edited)

A few days ago, I read a critique of FTWD by a guy at Forbes who regularly writes about FTWD.

I think the title of his piece was "FTWD Has a Villain Problem," or something like that.

He noticed what I've picked up for some time on all the TWD shows: they can get stale because their main plots revolve around the "bad guys of the month."

Kind of like, years ago, I noticed that the "Smallville" TV show's staple was what even the show itself called the "freak of the week."

On almost every "Smallville" show, Clark Kent (Superman) would end up having to fight off whatever human became contaminated by the Kryptonite around town, or whatever. 

Walking Dead shows tend to do the same thing.

Almost every season, guys on FTWD end up fighting a new group of baddies.

Of course, there may not be too many other options a TV show set in the apocalypse could come up with, but as a viewer, it does seem repetitive that most story lines involve the main group of protagonists running into a new group of bad guys, and each also usually comes with their own name ("Whisperers," "Pioneers / Rangers," "Saviors," "Wolves," etc), and each with their own "shtick."

I was wondering why FTWD doesn't side step that tiresome, recurring trope to look at the ZA from other angles, or more often than what they do?

On the original show, in the first three seasons, for example, it was Rick Grimes vs. his friend Shane; that was not about a group of Good Guys vs. a Bad Guys situation, but interpersonal drama where the two men disagreed about HOW to live in the ZA.

And Shane felt a need for the wife and son of Grimes (he was willing to murder Rick to be a protector of Lori and Carl) - they were his reasons to stay alive, protecting them gave him purpose.

Other than possibly the episode of John Dorie living alone for months on end in the cabin in FTWD, and showing how he dealt with that, I am hard pressed to think of times when FTWD tackled issues on their show that don't pertain to "Group A" fighting "Group B."

The recent episode where Daniel had a psychological break down was one of those rare times the show took a detour.

I didn't think they did a great job in how they handled depicting his mental issues, but it was a nice respite from the usual "Good Guys vs. Bad Guys" dynamics we usually get.

I wish these zombie shows would do more of that, it would add variety to an otherwise stale premise.

I am personally a little worn out on the concept that consists of... after the group of Heroes defeats a group of Baddies, this show (and other Walking Dead shows) like to soon after introduce yet another group of Baddies.

We've seen this already many times, can the show writers please maybe give it a rest for awhile and come up with other story lines for the show(s)?

Edit. Okay, I do recall in season 5, the show had the group "help" people (eye roll) by leaving boxes of water along side the road
- so there was a feeble, brief attempt to get away from "good guys Vs bad guys" scenario that has been worn into the ground, but after so many shows of that...

They returned to Formula, where the group had to fight Max Headroom for the factory (or gas / map to some oil rigs, or whatever) and Ginny the Pioneer for Tank Town.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:02 PM, DrNowsWeightScale said:

but it was a nice respite from the usual "Good Guys vs. Bad Guys" dynamics we usually get.

the thing with fear, and the original show for that matter, is that there are no good guys in the traditional sense. Everyone who has survived this far had done so at the expense of others, and has done bad things. One of the first things the Clarkes find on escaping LA is that they can't help everyone, and other people are as bigger threat as the dead. In a situation like the zombie apocalypse, even if you were holed up in a well stocked survival bunker, you're still standing by while others perish, you're competing with others for supplies and a place of safety, and by taking these things for yourself you deprive others.

Fear has focussed on how the character come to terms with the bad things they've done to survive in a world where one has to embrace violence and death in order to continue to live. the character of Daniel is significant in this because he is a man who has already made this decision in the 'real' world, and has been trying to come to terms with what he did and build a peaceful future for his family as an immigrant to the US. We consider Daniel one of the good guys, but he used to torture people for a fascist regime.

The helping people trope was an attempt to atone for the things things the characters have done to survive. They want to be good people ( the phrase 'good people' is repeated frequently in the TWD universe), but they live in a violent, hostile world where an existential threat makes cynical pragmatism and self preservation a more effective strategy, at least in the short term.

The problem is the show is flawed, and they don't always convey these themes coherently, sometimes it looks like the characters are simply fip flopping between being good and bad for no good reason, and sometimes the writing fails to adequately justify what they're doing in order to either drive the plot, or create the big set piece walker fight scenes that are the show's strong point. the recent scene with John and Morgan fighting zombies on a bridge when they could have just opened the gates and let them wander off is a case in point.

I think the theme of what it means to survive, and the personal cost of survival is a good one, and IMO Fear is the  most interesting show of the TWD franchise because of this, however it is flawed, and i can see why viewers find these failings frustrating, or simply don't see what they're trying to do with the show.

• Love 1
On 5/8/2021 at 4:42 AM, BasilSeal said:

the thing with fear, and the original show for that matter, is that there are no good guys in the traditional sense. Everyone who has survived this far had done so at the expense of others, and has done bad things. he show.

I do get that, believe me. 

It's also a theme that the original show explored - or at least the fans discussed it online - after Negan was introduced.

(We were forced to consider if Rick's group really were good and moral from the perspective of Negan's group, for instance, after Rick's side pre-emptively snuck into a Negan compound and killed Negan's followers while the followers were asleep.)

I was just using the terminology to explain how rote the show has become. 

Each episode on any Walking Dead show generally comes down to "Group A" fights "Group B" over resources or refuge, whatever.

If I were writing a zombie show, I probably couldn't do much better, either, so I don't meant to be too harsh. There are only so many scenarios that a show can come up with for a ZA show, I suppose.

But then, these are people who I assume took script-writing or author courses in college and should maybe be expected to be more creative or come up with other story-telling methods? I don't know.

Just as a viewer, most plots seem to boil down to the same two or three things all the time, and it can be tiresome to watch.

(edited)

Garret Dillahunt, who played John Dorie on Fear the Walking Dead plays a character named Martin in the new NetFlix zombie movie "Army of the Dead," directed by Zack Snyder.

I watched this movie earlier this morning. It was an entertaining zombie movie, with some really gory gross-out scenes.

Dillahunt's character in the movie is a jerk and is no John Dorie. 

The following commentary / review contains some spoilers about Army of the Dead:

‘Army of the Dead’ Is Extra Amusing for ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Fans

Seeing Garrett Dillahunt play a horrible person in Zack Snyder’s new zombie epic was quite a trip

by Phil Owen

...Martin [Dillahunt's character] is extremely unpleasant, constantly trying to get the other team members killed because he has his own separate agenda for this journey into zombie-infested Las Vegas.

(edited)

Okay, so I guess we're not getting a new Fear episode tonight (May 30, 2021 - Memorial Day weekend).

Fear the Walking Dead Mini-Marathon to Air in Place of New Episode Sunday

A Fear the Walking Dead mini-marathon will air Sunday on the AMC Network as Season 6 of the Walking Dead spin-off takes the week off for Memorial Day weekend.

The six-episode marathon culminates in a Bonus Edition of "Mother," the May 23 episode taking Alicia Clark (Alycia Debnam-Carey) on an eerie excursion with her captor Teddy (John Glover) and Dakota (Zoe Colletti), presented with new behind-the-scenes content not seen during the original showing. 

Fear won't return until June 6 with its penultimate episode of the season, "USS Pennsylvania," where a dire mission to thwart Teddy's destructive plans takes Morgan Jones (Lennie James) and crew deep into a walker-filled nuclear submarine.

I guess I'll make do watching some of the repeats tonight.

Even though he's kind of a cranky curmudgeon, I am enjoying watching the episode again of June meeting John Dorie Sr. That one is airing as I type this post.

June 26, 2021

Fear the Walking Dead confirms fate of fan-favourite character after season 6 cliffhanger

Fans were quite understandably concerned that one favourite character – Skidmark, Daniel Salazar's (Ruben Blades) cat – may not have survived the nuclear event as he was presumed to be right in the blast zone, but showrunner Ian Goldberg has confirmed that he did make it out alive.

Keith Carradine’s John Dorie Sr. Plays a “Major Role” in Fear the Walking Dead Season 7

In the new season arriving later this year on AMC, Dorie Sr. will work through his haunted history as this corner of the Walking Dead Universe transforms into a nuclear zombie apocalypse. For Carradine, his second season of Fear will be a revelatory one.

• Useful 1
(edited)

‘The Walking Dead’ & Zombie Spinoffs To Haunt San Diego Comic-Con Virtual Edition; AMC Unveils Full Lineup Including ‘Creepshow’, ‘Doctor Who’ & More
By Anthony D'Alessandro, Dominic Patten   July 7, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/07/the-walking-dead-final-san-diego-comic-con-2021-1234787414/ 

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

Panel Time: Saturday, July 24 at 1:00 PM PT

Chris Hardwick (Talking Dead) will chat with the feature chief content officer of The Walking Dead Universe, Scott M. Gimple, showrunners and EPs  Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, and cast members Lennie James, Alycia Debnam- Carey, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Jenna Elfman, Karen David, Mo Collins and Christine Evangelista about season 7 with an exclusive first look. Premiere date is later this year. At the end of last season, Teddy (John Glover) brought about his vision of “The End” when he detonated nuclear warheads across the Texas landscape.  In the series’ new season, it will be up to those who survived to decide what “The Beginning” will look like.  And they’ll have to do it in a world devoid of light and hope, where the outside air is just as deadly as the walkers they face. The survivors will find out who they really are and what they’re really made of. Some will rise to the occasion, some will find new purpose, and some will redefine themselves — even if it comes at a terrible cost to those they once considered family.

Edited by tv echo

You can watch video of New York Comic Con's "The Badass Women of the Walking Dead Universe" panel at the following link - includes female cast members from all 3 shows...

NYCC 2021 | The Badass Women of the Walking Dead Universe (Virtual Screening)
Sun, Oct 10, 2021 
https://www.findthemetaverse.com/film-tv/nycc-2021-the-badass-women-of-the-walking-dead-universe-virtual-screening

Moderator: Yvette Nicole Brown
Panelists: Angela Kang (EP/showrunner), Denise Huth (EP), Lauren Cohan (TWD), Paola Lazaro (TWD), Jenna Elfman (FtWD), Karen David (FtWD), Christine Evangelista (FtWD), Aliya Royale (TWD: WB), Alexa Mansour (TWD: WB), Annet Mahendru (TWD: WB) and Julia Ormond (TWD: WB).

Edited by tv echo

I'm interested only in that she tattooed Pwecious Junky Nick's name on her wrist and I want to see the rest of the crew tell her that not only has no one really missed him or thought about him in years, they've cheerfully adopted his killer as one of their own.

• LOL 1

I'm curious.  I had been looking forward to Strand as a villain but that whole storyline is falling flat for me.  Strand and Madison reuniting (though I'm sure it will be dragged out) is much more interesting to me than Alicia and Strand reuniting.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, raven said:

I'm curious.  I had been looking forward to Strand as a villain but that whole storyline is falling flat for me.  Strand and Madison reuniting (though I'm sure it will be dragged out) is much more interesting to me than Alicia and Strand reuniting.

(Madison + Alicia) X Strand - (Morgan + Dwight) =

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 1

There will be a Fear the Walking Dead cast panel at this year's WonderCon...

WonderCon, April 1-3, 2022 (Anaheim, CA)
https://comic-con.org/wca/programming-schedule 

AMC’s Fear the Walking Dead
... Saturday, April 2, 2022
... 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM

In the second half of Fear's seventh season, premiering on Sunday, April 17, months have passed after the nuclear blast and the only one thriving is Victor Strand (Colman Domingo). Having built a fiefdom, he callously selects who will have a chance at life. The other members of the group have suffered immensely, but out of that has come a fierce determination to live, even if it means taking Strand's Tower by force and continuing the search for Padre, a mythical place no one is sure really exists. The cast and creators of Fear the Walking Dead discuss what's coming up, as well as share behind-the-scenes anecdotes, information about the upcoming season, and an exclusive clip from episode 709.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

It actually looks like something worth watching, it really does,  maybe they should put the advertising company in charge of the script writing, now there’s an idea 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

0CB00701-7716-475C-AD37-422187EA0D0C.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I think we should all chip in with a heartfelt parting message, I’ll kick it off…….

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Too harsh? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
On 6/7/2022 at 6:17 AM, OoohMaggie said:

I think we should all chip in with a heartfelt parting message, I’ll kick it off…….

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Too harsh? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Why does she "deserve" the middle finger for getting off this shit show and moving on the something better? I always thought she (like the rest of the cast) made the most of what she was handed. I hope she gets all the good things.

First and second seasons are ok, but it turns one group vs another with non-sense honor bullshit exactly like FTW. 

But yeah, if you want to see bad acting, wardrobe, writing and cgi with wtf moments in bonus, ok.

• Sad 1
22 hours ago, heisenberg said:

But yeah, if you want to see bad acting, wardrobe, writing and cgi with wtf moments in bonus, ok.

Sorry, have we moved back to TWD or are we still talking about the 100? 🤔😂

• LOL 1
On 6/11/2022 at 12:51 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Sorry, have we moved back to TWD or are we still talking about the 100? 🤔😂

You can start season 1 who is not bad and see by yourself until it gets like TWD.

Good luck!🙂

That just makes me laugh that they fell all over themselves hyping Madison's "big" return only for the show to end the very next season. I feel kind of bad though for Kim Dickens, who was acting in interviews like she'd won the lottery by getting to come back.

• Like 1