Type keyword(s) to search

FTWD In The Media

• Start Topic

Wow - I hadn’t watched this show since they killed off Discount Johnny Depp, so getting a reminder of it was kinda jarring.

On 1/10/2023 at 6:11 PM, nodorothyparker said:

That just makes me laugh that they fell all over themselves hyping Madison's "big" return only for the show to end the very next season. I feel kind of bad though for Kim Dickens, who was acting in interviews like she'd won the lottery by getting to come back.

Her jaw broke the series.  Again.

• LOL 2

Fear the Walking Dead will have a panel at WonderCon 2023 (Anaheim, CA) on March 25...

https://wondercon2023.sched.com/list/descriptions/type/1%3A+Programs 

Fear the Walking Dead Season 8

AMC Networks presents the eighth and final season of Fear the Walking Dead. The cast and executive producers discuss what fans can expect from the new season, premiering Sunday, May 14th on AMC and AMC+. In Fear the Walking Dead, Morgan’s (Lennie James) and Madison's (Kim Dickens) hopes to rescue Mo from PADRE did not go as planned. Now, Morgan, Madison, and the others they brought to the island are living under PADRE's cynical rule. With our characters demoralized and dejected, the task of reigniting belief in a better world rests with the person Morgan and Madison set out to rescue in the first place: Morgan's daughter, Mo. Fear the Walking Dead stars James, Dickens, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Austin Amelio, Christine Evangelista, Karen David, Jenna Elfman, and Rubén Blades. It is executive produced by Scott Gimple, showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd

Saturday March 25, 2023 2:30pm - 3:30pm PDT

Edited by tv echo

New trailer for the final season:

I'll watch but I really hate how this pretty much became the Morgan show once he came over from TWD.  Where's Luciana?  Was she even in this?

• Useful 1

2023 in Review: The 10 Worst Shows
BY TEAM TVLINE   DECEMBER 5, 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/worst-tv-shows-2023-list/ 

2  Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)
As the first Walking Dead spinoff lurched toward its grave, you’d have been hard-pressed to say that it in any way resembled the promising drama that debuted in 2015. Characters changed motivations so often that viewers considered their deaths mercy killings. Plot twists got so silly that a pair of enemies escaping from quicksand while zip-tied together seemed comparably plausible. Catchphrases were repeated with such regularity that if we’d drunk every time they were uttered, we’d have all croaked of alcohol poisoning. Ultimately, the show became so laughably bad, more than 40% of TVLine readers gave the series finale a grade of “F.”

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Yep, that sums it up succinctly. this bit struck a particular cord with me

On 12/6/2023 at 3:02 PM, tv echo said:

you’d have been hard-pressed to say that it in any way resembled the promising drama that debuted in 2015.

It ended up unrecognisable from the show it started out as. I thought the early seasons benefited from a greater degree of realism than the original show, it ends up far more cartoonish and nonsensical. such a waste of  a good premise.

• Like 1

This series has been the most frustrating for me because I couldn't comprehend the writing in the latest seasons. When we talk about World Beyond, or the original Walking Dead series, it's easy to see and discuss their failures. But this show was different for me in that the characters kept having conversations and conflicts with each other that I couldn't make sense of. 

Then I started to think that maybe whoever was in charge of writing has a God complex and thus weaved that mindset into every character and script. 

June was willing to let that girl die because she hadn't saved everyone before. Madison couldn't make the stadium a success, and her kids died, so she was just going to run away and flog herself.  Sherrie and Dwight engaged in this mindset during their episode. The recurring theme seems to be if a person can't deliver Utopia during the apocalypse, they are a failure. Oh, and let's not forget the Disciples of Alicia.

These episodes were like therapy sessions. Utterly ridiculous.

• Like 1