Type keyword(s) to search

Crossover Spoilers 2017: Crisis on Earth-X!

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Arrowverse 4-Way Crossover Synopsis Confirms [ Spoiler ] Will Be a Cool Ally

“Crisis on Earth X”: Barry and Iris’s wedding brings the gang together, but things go awry when villains from Earth-X attack the ceremony. All of the superheroes band together with help from their super friends like Citizen Cold (guest star Wentworth Miller), The Ray (guest star Russell Tovey, Quantico), Felicity Smoak, Iris West and Alex Danvers to take on their most formidable villains yet. Earth’s mightiest heroes – Green Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash and White Canary – lead their teams into battle to save the world.”

• Love 1

So is Barry & Iris's wedding going to get interrupted and then Oliver & Felicity will use it instead to get married? Seriously, I remember hypothesizing and discussing an Olicity or even a B/I wedding for the last crossover on Arrow's 100. They skipped it instead for a dream sequence horror wedding, but I wonder if going through an actual wedding idea came from fan based speculation.

Personally, I'm happy to see a happy reason for a crossover gathering. I just really wish there was no need to have an actual end of the world scenario or "crises". I'd be more invested in watching all 4 shows if I knew it wasn't just a ploy to live out some stupid fantasy that is so easily defeated or to watch happiness destroyed. As a former fan of Arrow, nothing good usually comes out of crossovers. Maybe this year will be different.

I also miss organic crossovers, these annual ones are just so staged & predictable.

Edited by kismet

IMO they are both getting shafted since it's a double quickie wedding with no one else around besides the couples and Diggle. And I don't even care about either couple which is why this years crossover is not interesting to me. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, lurker22 said:

Glad to see White Canary listed along with the Big Three as one of the team leaders. Last crossover, she felt more like one of the followers.

Last year at that time they were still figuring out who the leader was. The show and writers seemed slow to commit to a new leader. And so the multiple writer rooms probably just went with the idea of a leaderless pack, thus SL came off as more following. The Flarrowverse writers really struggle with leadership in the past couple of seasons, it didn't honestly feel like there was any leader of the pack during last crossover.

26 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

IMO they are both getting shafted since it's a double quickie wedding with no one else around besides the couples and Diggle. And I don't even care about either couple which is why this years crossover is not interesting to me. 

Hey at least Diggle gets to be there for Olicity. Feel bad for I/B fans, the least they could do is let Joe be there to watch his children getting married.

Honestly, the Flarrowverse writers seem to suck at writing romance and weddings, so I think in some ways the audience is being spared from a torturous process. I have seen Arrow do a faux wedding and a horror wedding - and those educated me to the major deficits the Arrow writers have regarding weddings. Even though I love Olicity and want them to be together forever, I definitely have no desire to see the Arrow writers attempt to write their wedding.

Tons of fun stuff in there! Thanks for the link, Starfish. :) I love that Mick not only couldn't bother with a tie, but apparently falls asleep during the ceremony:

spg308b_0139b.jpg?w=700

Even though I only watch LoT and Supergirl, this crossover looks like a lot of ridiculous fun. I can't wait to see Alex from Supergirl and Sara kicking ass together, the two of them might be too much bad-assedness for one screen. Fun!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

So now I'm wondering if Caitlin is getting a better handle on Killer Frost, or if that's just plain Frost from Earth X.

I think it's more that Caitlin has stopped trying to "get a handle" on Killer Frost and accepted her as a part of herself and so has everyone else.  In turn Killer Frost isn't (as) hostile to everyone else because she no longer sees them as wanting to "kill" her.  In the most recent episode of The Flash Caitlin makes a comment that she hasn't been "this tired since Killer Frost went to Burning Man."  That implies a level of co-existence between the two.  In the same episode, just prior to a potential confrontation with a super-villain, Caitlin is prepared to transform into Killer Frost to help the team with that.

• Love 1

Seriously, there are way too many people in that Hero Strut line to not make it look stupid. I know that everybody needs to be there, but it looks ridiculous when they can't all fit in the frame.

• Love 1

I love that everyone brought their weapons to the wedding. Way to be prepared, guys!

This looks pretty awesome, even if the superhero line up was a bit ridiculous. Maybe there is a greater purpose? Also, I REALLY missed Captain Cold. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Why is Oliver the only one with a hood over his head?

I bet because it is not really Oliver. That will probably be the big surprise.

Or maybe SA was too busy filming on another set.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Why is Oliver the only one with a hood over his head?

He gets cold easily. :)

I did love the shot where Sara and Alex simultaneously rip their dresses to get ready for a fight.  But, Jax was in the crossover last season (including the big "everyone meets Supergirl" scene); he should know about the Multiverse now.  Give that line to Zari.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, kismet said:

I bet because it is not really Oliver. That will probably be the big surprise.

Or maybe SA was too busy filming on another set.

I get the idea that Earth X is kind of a "Mirror Universe" place where the heroes here are villains there (which will likely save money on guest stars).  That said, perhaps the person in the hood is a heroic Earth X Malcolm or Damian Darkh (Damian Light?).

On 11/17/2017 at 5:00 PM, Maelstrom said:

Tons of fun stuff in there! Thanks for the link, Starfish. :) I love that Mick not only couldn't bother with a tie, but apparently falls asleep during the ceremony:

spg308b_0139b.jpg?w=700

and apparently he's not the only one(guy on the far right) lol

On 11/20/2017 at 0:37 PM, Starfish35 said:

Official full-length trailer!

Is Ralph/Elongated Man going to be part of this..?