Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Broken Glass

ahisma

Scott and Malia prepare for battle while Argent searches for an old ally.

I only liked this episode better because:

1. Derek
  2. Derek and Chris
  3. Peter and Lydia snark
  4. Deucalion's line: "I'm starting to wish I were blind again." I feel ya.

God, I hate Kate. It would be kind of hilarious if Gerard killed her. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ahisma said:

I only liked this episode better because:

1. Derek
  2. Derek and Chris
  3. Peter and Lydia snark
  4. Deucalion's line: "I'm starting to wish I were blind again." I feel ya.

God, I hate Kate. It would be kind of hilarious if Gerard killed her. 

It would have been fine if there wasn't only one episode of the show to go. Is it a double at least? I know this show can be a mess but I had hoped they'd wrap up most of the plot this episode so they could devote the final episode to falling action. I'd also hoped that Derek and Stiles would be back in the main action by now. I have no idea how they're going to bring all these threads together in 40 minutes. But then, that's our crazy show right?

I'm annoyed there's only one episode left (a one hour episode to boot, rather than a two hour finale) and Stiles will only now be appearing. I'm a tad annoyed with Dylan O'Brien for being featured so little in the last season of a show that rocked him to stardom. I know, movie career, blah blah, but the timing sucks.

That being said, I was happy to have Derek back. I had missed him and it's nice to see him again. I'm also sad Deucalion died. It was rather anti-climatic, I wanted him in the finale. Oh well.

And I'm happy whenever Peter is around.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Well, that happened.

Thanks Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orientation_and_Mobility?wprov=sfla1

How else would this show pen episodes if not for Wikipedia.

That happened A LOT. It was quite boring, actually. Also, if Scott can use his WolfVis to see through the blindfold then why doesn't he just do that? 

To continue my accidental spoilers comment re that character whose name I don't remember, his behaviour make the least sense to me of everyone. He know what's happening with the Anuk Gorgon (AnukGogo) but chooses to just go on with his normal lynch mob duties and beat up Nolan? It makes no sense to me.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm annoyed there's only one episode left (a one hour episode to boot, rather than a two hour finale) and Stiles will only now be appearing. I'm a tad annoyed with Dylan O'Brien for being featured so little in the last season of a show that rocked him to stardom. I know, movie career, blah blah, but the timing sucks.

Movie career and career ending injuries. I don't even know if he's back on the set of The Maze Runner. That he even came back to film Teen Wolf shows how much affection he has for this show. The dude was so badly injured that he had to rehab for 6 months.

8 hours ago, jewel21 said:

That being said, I was happy to have Derek back. I had missed him and it's nice to see him again. I'm also sad Deucalion died. It was rather anti-climatic, I wanted him in the finale. Oh well.

And I'm happy whenever Peter is around.

I love Peter. I love Derek, but more than anything else I want these characters interacting with each and not just brief cameos. The show brings back Deucalion and Ethan, but they don't get to share a scene. Ugh. We had the Alpha pack, which brought us "Scott is a true alpha." It would be nice if we could have those characters present when Scott finally pays that off in the finale. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

We had the Alpha pack, which brought us "Scott is a true alpha." It would be nice if we could have those characters present when Scott finally pays that off in the finale. 

You think Scott is going to pay that off in the finale? You have a well of boundless optimism I see.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AudienceofOne said:

That happened A LOT. It was quite boring, actually. Also, if Scott can use his WolfVis to see through the blindfold then why doesn't he just do that? 

To continue my accidental spoilers comment re that character whose name I don't remember, his behaviour make the least sense to me of everyone. He know what's happening with the Anuk Gorgon (AnukGogo) but chooses to just go on with his normal lynch mob duties and beat up Nolan? It makes no sense to me.

So little of this show and final season makes a bit of sense. I've decided to adopt the "wizard did it" strategy for Teen Wolf.

Perhaps a Dread Doctor spliced the Darach, Nogistune, and rider from the Wild Hunt together. We've been watching Scott's impotent fever dream/nightmare for 6B.

5 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

You think Scott is going to pay that off in the finale? You have a well of boundless optimism I see.

I'm hoping it all comes together in the finale because otherwise I have to explain why have I wasted all this time on this mess of a half season. However, I just read that there may be a spinoff, which is described more like the New Class. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. It's possible they may never resolve this mess if the New Class is in the works.

https://hiddenremote.com/2017/09/15/teen-wolf-rumors-spinoff-works-2019-tyler-posey-attached-star/

Movie career and career ending injuries. I don't even know if he's back on the set of The Maze Runner. That he even came back to film Teen Wolf shows how much affection he has for this show. The dude was so badly injured that he had to rehab for 6 months.

Dylan deserves an enormous amount of credit for coming back from those injuries, and also for being open about the mental health struggles he has dealt with post-injury, but the main obstacle to his shooting scenes for 6b was in fact his movie filming schedule and not the injuries. Death Cure filming resumed at roughly the same time they were filming 6b for Teen Wolf. I believe a lot of his 6a work was also actually post-injury. However, I think the reason Death Cure ended up overlapping with 6b was that they had to push it until Dylan was ready to return to set.

I'm hoping it all comes together in the finale because otherwise I have to explain why have I wasted all this time on this mess of a half season. However, I just read that there may be a spinoff, which is described more like the New Class. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. It's possible they may never resolve this mess if the New Class is in the works.

https://hiddenremote.com/2017/09/15/teen-wolf-rumors-spinoff-works-2019-tyler-posey-attached-star/

I'm highly skeptical at best. Ratings have been terrible and decline with each episode. I don't see MTV wanting to jump right back on this horse. I think the podcast that has been discussed as a sort of proof of concept seems far more likely.

This whole storyline really needed "kill your darlings" type editing from someone. So much of it is a mess, but the raw material was there under all the problems. 

Kate wants Scott dead? Still? Oh, Kate. I feel bad for you, boo. You must have so little in your life. 

I assume that Argent's "This weapon that can be used to kill can also be an antidote" anvil that came out of left field--when has wolfsbane ever been an antidote-- will be directly relevant in the finale.

Can we please get a consensus on how many bullets it takes to kill a werewolf? The show has no internal consistency on this. Malia took at least five at close range in 5b and was still up and walking. Apparently it took, like, one each to kill those other guys whose names I can't recall a few episodes back. It would really help for dramatic tension in the shooting scenes if we understood what the stakes were. Like, "Scott took six bullets, but that's fine--it's that seventh bullet that'll really get you."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Dylan went through a lot of doubt as to whether he'd come back to acting, but he finished Maze Runner and now stars in American Assassin (which looks amazing! but got so-so reviews). You can read more in the Teen Wolf Cast in Other Roles topic.

3 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

It would really help for dramatic tension in the shooting scenes if we understood what the stakes were. Like, "Scott took six bullets, but that's fine--it's that seventh bullet that'll really get you."

It works just like the Street Fighter and similar games.  A character can take a bazillion points to the head and body but that one last point to the elbow and BAMMM!  done!

• Love 2

Okay so here is the BIG problem I have with the second half of this season. Someone declares war on the supernatural and only Scott and his pack are responding to it. I find that hard to believe with all the other supernaturals in town. Supernatural are being KILLED and yet Scott is still on "turn the other cheek".  Also where are these kids parents, why didn't Melissa confront the guidance counselor  (pre-shooting) for trying to kill her son. Why hasn't anyone let said counselor know that she has killed innocent werewolves (people who never killed).  Why did they call the person who shot up Scott's house for almost murdering an innocent human (Melissa). For example that red headed kid that got killed a few episodes ago, the were-coyote who said his entire family were were-coyotes. Where are his parents and family, wouldn't they be pissed that their kid got killed and out of revenge. He could have taken out those two kids before they stabbed his hands since they had no weapons. 

Also these supernaturals are more powerful than the humans even with their guns so this whole war is pointless. 

I will watch to the end because I have been with this series since season 1, but this whole second half is idiotic!

Edited by bluvelvet
Spelling errors
  • Love 1