Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Pool

Daisy
  • Start Topic

Okay. So Life Happened and I got a new job, and I had to move and everything - and I totally forgot that people expressed an interest in playing one. I don't mind running it - and I think we can get it all squared away before the premier. 

So I think I'll just pilfer the rules of the pool I am in because it makes the most sense and it's really simply to understand this way (so credit to the person who runs my Survivor Pool!) :)  the first 18 (well 17 - I'm #1), to sign up can draft a player - and then everyone else can just make weekly picks and not benefit from the extra points not drafting a player (which - doesn't matter if you pick well. in the weekly pick'ems).

The Rules are Thus:

1: Your Selections must be in Before 4:00pm  EST Wednesday . This will make it so i can come home around 6:00, get everything tallied and have the results for ooing and awing first thing (ish) Thursday morning.

2: Post your selections like this

Team:

Team Immunity Winner: (you can use team Colours, if not team names)
Voted Out Member: (insert name here)

(if there is a double boot - list the booted players in the order. you do not get points for right people - but the wrong order). 

Individual 

Immunity Winner
Voted Out Member

(again if there is a double vote - list the voted out players in the order you think it will happen. you do not get points for the right people - but the wrong order). 

2: If you are spoiled - I think just for fairness - you can't play (you kinda know how things shake out ;) )

The Point System

Top 15: 2 points.

Top 10: 5 points.

Top 7: 3 points.

Top 6: 1 point.

Top 5: 2 points.

Top 4: 2 points.

Final 3: 5 points

Winner: 10 points (30 Total)

And for the weekly picks:

Immunity Winner (tribe-based picks till final merge) - 5 points

Voted Out: (picking a castmate from the losing tribe) - 5 points

If you are the unlucky soul who selects the first pick to be voted out

10 points for the first voted out (this way you are not way out of it on day 1)

How to Post Your Selections Each Week:
Copy + Post the Selection of the person underneath you. 

For Example:
Sally:
Tribal: _________
Voted Out ______

John Will do

Sally:
Tribal ________
Voted Out________

John: 
Tribal ______
Voted Out___

and then so on and so forth. 
We will say - (just for this go around) - once your choice is in - you are locked in. if it makes sense to change it so we don't confuse anyone  - we can do that next season. 

That is it boys and girls? Who is in?! 

Edited by Daisy

I'm also in, though maybe a bit confused.

What I got was the first 17 of us plus @Daisy draft a player and get points based on how they finish.  Sign ups #18 plus don't get a player or their finishing place points, but based on the points structure of weekly picks, that can be overcome.

In addition, each week all pool members (whether they got their very own castaway or not) predict an immunity winner and who will be voted out. Correct picks get points.

Pool member with the highest point total at the end wins.

Is that basically it?

6 hours ago, simplyme said:

I'm also in, though maybe a bit confused.

What I got was the first 17 of us plus @Daisy draft a player and get points based on how they finish.  Sign ups #18 plus don't get a player or their finishing place points, but based on the points structure of weekly picks, that can be overcome.

In addition, each week all pool members (whether they got their very own castaway or not) predict an immunity winner and who will be voted out. Correct picks get points.

Pool member with the highest point total at the end wins.

Is that basically it?

right! that's pretty much it!

One more question... As it's Heroes, Healers, and Hustlers, the season is pretty obviously starting with those three tribes. When picking who gets immunity, I see that we put the tribe name. In a three tribe situation, do we get the points as long as they don't go to tribal, even if they aren't the tribe that comes in first?

Also, just reiterating that even while in the multi-tribe stage(s), our pick that week for voted out is still supposed to be an individual. Tell me now if I misunderstood that. ;)

11 hours ago, simplyme said:

One more question... As it's Heroes, Healers, and Hustlers, the season is pretty obviously starting with those three tribes. When picking who gets immunity, I see that we put the tribe name. In a three tribe situation, do we get the points as long as they don't go to tribal, even if they aren't the tribe that comes in first?

Also, just reiterating that even while in the multi-tribe stage(s), our pick that week for voted out is still supposed to be an individual. Tell me now if I misunderstood that. ;)

With three tribes - we pick the team who wins immunity first. (lol the other team doesn't exist) :)

And how are we doing the actual player pick? Post them here? Would it just be first to post gets the player they want, or do you want us to each create a ranked list so you can draw names from a hat or go in order of sign ups and give people the first player on their list who is undrafted?

I apologize for making this so complex. :P I blame my past experience in a fantasy football league, where I was known as the woman who broke players. 

LOL don't worry @simplyme questions are good. 

the signups for the draft isn't due by Today (it's just when the season starts - that's the deadline. by Wednesday). because the season doesn't start until the 27th, we can do sign ups by say Monday? then we can take next week for the draft. 

@peachmangosteen once sign ups is over, I'll do a random-draft order - and yes you select your person here when it's your time to draft :) then you just tag the next person so they can draft :)

• Love 1
On 9/11/2017 at 11:44 PM, BK1978 said:

This sounds like fun but I will probably end up reading the spoilers so there is no way I can take part in it.   Good luck to everyone who is going to play.

I haven't read any actual spoilers this season, as far as results, because I haven't had time. But I will, if they are available, because it's one way I enjoy the show now. Otherwise, I agree, this would be fun. Have a blast, everyone! 

On 9/15/2017 at 4:56 PM, azshadowwalker said:

I haven't read any actual spoilers this season, as far as results, because I haven't had time. But I will, if they are available, because it's one way I enjoy the show now. Otherwise, I agree, this would be fun. Have a blast, everyone! 

that's fine! :)

It really sounds that there isn't a lot of interest so maybe next season? we could all come up with how we want to play?

I'm wondering if there's not a lot of interest because people aren't on the forum in the off-season? I only just saw this now because it briefly bumped Survivor to the top of my followed content page. Maybe worth having it kick off with week two - so no points for week one and only seventeen spots in the draft but at least you know most of the regulars will have swung by and seen the post? 

Edited by MissEwa
  • Love 1
On 9/20/2017 at 5:23 PM, MissEwa said:

I'm wondering if there's not a lot of interest because people aren't on the forum in the off-season? I only just saw this now because it briefly bumped Survivor to the top of my followed content page. Maybe worth having it kick off with week two - so no points for week one and only seventeen spots in the draft but at least you know most of the regulars will have swung by and seen the post? 

that's fair. :)

if we have enough people in week 2, we can make it a go :)

• Love 1

Here is a summary of who and what:

Levu (heroes)

Alan - NFL player

Ben - Marine

JP - firefighter

Ashley - lifeguard

Chrissy - financial analyst

Katrina - olympian, out

Soko (healers)

Joe - probation officer

Cole - wilderness therapy guide

Mike - Urologist

Desiree - physical therapist

Roark - social worker

Jessica - nurse

Yawa (hustlers)

Patrick - business owner

Ryan - bellhop

Devon - surf instructor

Ali - celebrity asst.

Lauren - fisherman

Simone - diversity advocate (has not spoken on 1st ep)

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

@Daisy I think you should go ahead and do it even though there's not 18 people interested. We could at least just do the weekly part.

Or maybe we could still pick someone... This just means there's a chance no one will choose the eventual winner as "their" castaway.

• Love 2