Type keyword(s) to search

You Have Failed This City!: Quotes from Arrow

• Start Topic

Felicity: What do you think?

Oliver: [The envelopes] need less glitter.

Felicity: I knew we should have had Slade Wilson do our party planning.

Felicity: Curtis, why is my face your screensaver?

Curtis: At the risk of early termination, um, none of your business.

Felicity: Curtis!

Curtis: Please don't ask. I'm, like, super bad with secrets.

Thea: How are you feeling? Are you nervous at all?

Felicity: I don't think that nervous is in Oliver's vocabulary

Donna: Translucent matte powder should be. You don't want to shine under those big bright lights.

Felicity: That was fast.

Curtis: You sound surprised. I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted.

Ryder: Conklin may have had his difficulties, but he was a good man.

Oliver: Yeah, he was a good man who attacked me. It was self defense.

Ryder: As it was with her brother?

Oliver: I'm not saying it lacks irony.

• Love 1

Paul: It took me weeks to get him focused on what really mattered.
Felicity: How handsome his therapist was?

Damian: As they say, or should, the fourth time is the charm!

Felicity: Gawd, Oliver, you're the only person on the planet that considers the truth complicated.

Samantha: I should have been honest with you.
Laurel: No, Oliver should have been.

Thea: I know you're here. No need to lurk in the shadows like the boogeyman.

Diggle: Crazy world we live in - metahumans, magic, Oliver Queen a father.

Laurel: You don't seem as surprised as I expected.
Quentin: What? That party boy Oliver Queen knocked up some girl? I'm amazed there isn't an army of little Olivers running around out there.
Laurel: Well, there may be.

Damian: You want to learn to be a little more discreet. Have you considered black instead of green?
Oliver: You tell me where you've taken [William].
Damian: Or what? You'll fire an arrow at me? I think we've seen that movie before. I win, you lose, rinse, repeat.

Oliver: I want to talk to my son! I want to know that he's safe.
Damian: Oh, this must be the first time your son's been kidnapped because clearly you don't understand how these things work.

Mari: You're doing everything you possibly can. You can't beat yourself up about it.
Oliver: Well, you don't know me very well, do you?

Mari: The best gift you can give him is his childhood. I can't imagine a greater sacrifice. Isn't that what parenthood is?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Fixed wonky spacing after forum upgrade

More 415 quotes...

Felicity: "Maybe it would be easier to name those who don't know about your son."

Felicity: ""It sucks when you can't tell the truth."

Felicity: "You should have told me. Marriage is about inclusion. It's about leaning on your partner when things get complicated. I don't think you know how to do that."
Oliver: "I'm -- I'm trying."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Lance: You okay? You look a little more grim than usual.

Oliver: Did CSU ID [the victims]?
Lance: They're running prints.
Thea: Seriously? None of your crime tech guys read gossip websites?

Diggle: I don't have a law degree but I don't think that went well.
Thea: Because vigilantes don't make good witnesses?
Laurel: No, but they make excellent inmates.

Felicity: Good news is I got Cupid's location.
Diggle: Good. Where is she?
Felicity: That's the bad news. Looks like she's kidnapped another celebrity couple, Alison Lee and Robert Joyce.
Thea: Alibert!

Oliver: Track the GPS on their phones.
Felicity: When I said I had their location, how do you think that I got it?

Baron: The difference between insanity and belief lies only in the number of believers.

Thea: Felicity Scissorhands.

Oliver: Hey, we need to get married.
Felicity: How romantic. This is the worst idea you've ever had.
Diggle: Actually, it's not the worst.
Felicity: Et tu, John?

Oliver: It's not exactly how I pictured our wedding day.
Felicity: I don't know. Being kidnapped by a psychotic criminal has sort of been the theme of our relationship.

• Love 1

More 416 quotes...

Felicity: "Oliver, you have many qualities - many astonishing qualities, and I for one cannot wait to move on to the next chapter."

Oliver: "Felicity, before I met you, I had a plan. I had a way that I was going to be. But then you walked into my life – or I showed up at your cubicle, and you changed everything. I was in the darkness, but with your kindness, your generosity, your compassion, your intelligence, your wit and your trust, you brought me into the light. You let me know that I deserved it. You were that light. And I don't know if I still deserve that trust, if I deserve you - I probably don't.  But whatever has happened, whatever will happen, the way that you make me feel is the best part of my life. You can ask me to say that I don't love you, but I will never lie to you again. You are my always, and I just want the chance to be yours."

Felicity: "It's not. You saw all those people outside, right? They're out there because love is real. Because love is life itself and, if I die tonight, it'll be okay. Because I was one of those people lucky enough to have experienced it.  From the moment he walked into my life, everything changed.  I became a person that I didn't even know I was capable of becoming. I became the very best version of myself. That would have never been possible without our love. Our love gives my life meaning, gives my life purpose... and it brings us more joy than you could ever take away from us. And it's worth living for.  All of it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Laurel: Palmer Tech. They're hiring a new head of public relations.
Oliver: Oh.
Laurel: I just heard that...from someone.
Oliver: Laurel, she's not Voldemort and I'm fine. That's a good idea. You should tell Alex to talk to Felicity.
Thea: Mmm hmmm.
Oliver: What?
Thea: Nothing, it's just - it's shocking that you know who Voldemort is.
Oliver: I'm not immune to pop culture. I read a few of the Harry Potter books.
Diggle: Really? I was going to bet Thea that you just saw the movies.
Oliver: There were movies?

Donna: After the B-R-E-A-C-K-U-P, you could use some regular socialization so how about a leisurely lunch?
Felicity: Omigawd, I don't know what's worse - the fact that you just spelled out "break up" or that you misspelled it.

Malcolm: Don't be embarrassed. Performance issues are common for men of your age.
[even more hilarious considering that Neal McDonough is only a year older than John Barrowman]

Laurel: Wow, you really do have eyes in the back of your head.

Lance: Robot bees. Terrific.

Donna: Okay, from now on, I'm buying flats. These assaults are weekly. It's ridiculous.

Lance: So can anybody just walk in here?

Damian: I gotta know - did you sew that in yourself or do you have some kind of lip sewing guy?

Oliver: Curtis?
Curtis: Oh, this is so weird. I literally just had a dream where you were the Green Arrow. Wait, this is happening? You're the Green Arrow?
Oliver: Yeah.
Curtis: I could have sworn it was Neal Adams in data processing. And this is the Arrow cave, omigawd!
Oliver: We call it the bunker, but yeah.

Diggle: It looks we have ourselves a taller more dude-like version of Felicity.

Curtis: You want me on the team?! I mean, you want me on the team?

Curtis: Just give him the full Mariah Carey.

Donna: You don't open up to me! I have to force your feelings out of you sometimes like a pistachio.

Thea: Okay, who wants to go on a secret elevator ride down to the panic room?

Brie: I want the microchip specs or your friend relives my favorite scene from My Girl.

Laurel: Any puppies you want to kick while you're at it or bags of kittens you want to throw down the river?
Oliver: He needed to hear that.
Laurel: Nobody needs to hear that, Oliver.

Felicity: Look around you! Thea, we're in a Die Hard movie with bees!

• Love 7

The pop-culture references and the pun game were strong in 417. But I would expect nothing less from Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan, who always seem to write some quippy dialogue.

(edited)

Diggle: Why does that thing creep me out?
Laurel: Because it's creepy.

Oliver: There's something that I haven't told you guys.
Thea: Shocker.
Oliver: I've seen this idol before.
Laurel: What? Where?
Oliver: Lian Yu.
Laurel: You really love not talking about that place, don't you?

Oliver: It's past 11:30.
Diggle: It's the U.S. Army. Late means on time.

Malcolm: Mr. Diggle's upgraded security needs a few upgrades, by the way.

Thea: I'm going to go hit the streets.
Oliver: Thea, no one is going to give up Merlyn.
Thea: Then I'm going to hit people in the streets.

Damian: On the count of three, I'm going to turn that wall into a Jackon Pollock painting with his brains.

Damian: It was really just a hop, skip, and a jump from the whole Diggle connection to you to your little sister to your ex-girlfriend.

Lance: What happened at the prison?
Lopez: You punched out a lieutenant.
Lance: After that.

Laurel: “I was gonna give up being the Black Canary, but I realized I didn’t know how I could. Because going out there and fighting alongside you guys, that’s what makes me feel alive inside. I love you guys so much."

From 419...

Laurel: “Um, I could probably say a few words. Tommy Merlyn was - was one of the greatest people that I've ever known. He was - he was so much more than just a billionaire playboy. I loved him. I loved him in - in every way you could possibly love someone. And so did Oliver… (Spots Oliver lurking in the trees)  And I'm sure if Oliver could be here today he would say so… But clearly, it's too painful.”

Oliver: “Uh, I knew Laurel Lance for… almost her entire life. She was my friend, and I loved her. Before she died, I was - I was lucky enough to hear her tell me that she loved me too. Laurel Lance became a lawyer to help people who may have appeared helpless. She wanted to give a voice to the silent, but just being a lawyer wasn't enough. She wanted to do more for those people and for this city because she loved this city so much. By now, everyone knows that Laurel was killed in the Iron Heights prison riot, and while it's true that she was an Assistant District Attorney, that's not what she was doing there that night. Before she died, Laurel told me the truth. Laurel Lance was the Black Canary. In the past few days, I have had to sit and listen to people try and paint the Black Canary as a criminal. She was not a criminal. She was a hero. She was a hero in every way that a person can be, and if Laurel were here, I know that she would expect all of us to live up to the example that she set. She'd want us to save our city.”

Felicity: “You know what you have to do, right? You have to kill the son of a bitch.”
Oliver: “I know. I don't know how. Because of his magic. His ma - it's too strong. I've seen it before, back on Lian Yu, and it is not just magic. It's darkness, and whenever I have come up against it, I have gone nowhere. It - he feels unstoppable.”
Felicity: “I refuse to believe that. And I refuse to let you believe that. If Darhk wins, Laurel died for nothing. I fell in love with you for many reasons, and one of those reasons is - is that you always find a way, and you have to find a way now for Laurel, for the city… for all of us.”

Edited by tv echo

Laurel's eulogy to Tommy was just bad. I know she wasn't prepared, but sheesh, she could and should have done better than "not just a billionaire playboy". How about Tommy wanting to change and grow, to help, about being a brother to Oliver and Thea, and in the end, giving his life to save her like two days prior?! He should have gotten a hero shout out.

• Love 5
(edited)

Felicity: What are you doing here?
Oliver: Thinking.
Felicity: Which is Oliver speak for beating yourself up.

Oliver: Sometimes we just need a reason when a situation is completely unreasonable.

Felicity: I have trackers on all of you.

Quentin: You don't know what it's like to lose a child.
Oliver: But I have lost a father. I have lost a mother. And I have lost Laurel.

Felicity: And here you are taking the blame for something that's not your fault. You're just one illegitimate child away from a really awesome Oliver Queen impersonation.

Ruve: Arrest him!
Oliver: I've seen this movie before.

Fixed wonky spacing after the forum ugprade
  • Love 1
On 29.04.2016. at 3:17 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ruve: Arrest him!

Oliver: I've seen this movie before.

I found this line strange. It just feels too glib for Oliver in the field. Another one I found awkward was Dig's, "Give a kiss to baby Sara." Did anyone else find it odd that he referred to his child as baby Sara?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bijoux said:

I found this line strange. It just feels too glib for Oliver in the field. Another one I found awkward was Dig's, "Give a kiss to baby Sara." Did anyone else find it odd that he referred to his child as baby Sara?

I was ok with Oliver's comment but "baby Sara" was too on the nose.  It was so obviously written so no one was confused about Big Sara. 

55 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

I actually rewatched this episode the other day and he didn't say Baby Sara--he said, "give that baby girl a kiss for me."

I hope you're okay after the rewatch. I admire your strenght, and your courage. :P

• Love 3
(edited)

Felicity: This is by far the coolest high roller room I've ever seen.

Fortuna: Special brand of Nazi loco that one is.

Edited by bijoux
(edited)

Damian: I had a lot of time to reflect while I was in prison. Mostly about religion and bundt cake.

Oliver: [Constantine] put me onto someone who he thinks may be able to teach me how to defend against Dahrk's magic.
Thea: I'm not just saying this because I love Harry Potter, but why are we not all taking these lessons?

Diggle: You've looked better.
Leila: Considering I spent two weeks in a bombproof tungsten encased bunker, I think I look pretty good.

Felicity: You were pretty stingy on the details of this magic tutor Constantine referred you to.
Oliver: That is sort of my M.O.
Felicity: Don't talk to me like I'm other people.

Oliver: The type of magic Dahrk's using, I've seen it take good people and turn them dark, soulless, almost inhuman.
Felicity: And you're afraid that's going to happen to you?
Oliver: There's an argument to be made that I'm already there.
Felicity: That's not funny.
Oliver: I am not joking.

Felicity: Just because we're not together doesn't mean you have to do this alone.

Diggle: Yell at me later. Just send back up.

Felicity: It's not gambling when I play [cards].

Diggle: I'm glad to see you're picking up your psycho boss's old habits.
Andy: I'm sorry, is the man that locked me up in a cage and beat me half to death questioning my savior's orders?
Diggle: Damian Dahrk is no one's savior! He's a liar and a monster.
Andy: The Romans said the same thing about Jesus.

Thea: Do you hear that?
Alex: Yeah, I think people call that nature.

Damian: You seem like a likable guy, Oliver. I bet you've got a lot of friends.

Felicity: I don't mean to apply logic to a bad guy's plan here but Dahrk destroys the world. Then what? He'd be ruler of nothing.

Diggle: Andy told me that Genesis was coming.
Felicity: I don't think so. Phil Collins said they'd never tour again.

• Love 2

Oliver: If [Damian]'s planning on harvesting all of this death, he's going to be in something called a nexus chamber. Basically it's a collector of magic.
Diggle: And here I thought earthquake machines were as strange as it got.

[recorded bird chirps three times]
Malcolm: I know, the predictability was a terrible flaw in the design.
Thea: Predictability is your flaw too. Every time my life starts to suck, you show up.

Thea: I am way, way past the point of telling you that you are CRAZY.

Thea: I get it. I'm stuck here. But I can be stuck here and compliant or I can be a pain in your ass.

Donna: I might not be in MANSA but I know how to read, sweetie.
Quentin: I think it's MENSA.

Lonnie: You ghosts are swell at keeping secrets but less swell at resisting torture.

Donna: I'm always here for you - as long as there's no bees around.

Donna: [Ravenspur] is a cabin in Cypress Cove we used to like to go to. We'd nurse a bottle of wine, make love to Lionel Richie. I was his Penny Lover. You know, your father could go all night long. You know what? Actually I think you were conceived in Ravenspur.
Felicity: Please make it stop.

Brick: I hate it when they run.

Noah: Felicity, I may be a terrible father-
Felicity: MAY?

Felicity: God help me if you are using the end of days to steal from my company again.

Thea: Do you know what's going on here?
Alex: Yeah, Ruve told me. Isn't it fantastic?
Thea: It is not fantastic. It's the end of the world.

Felicity: You want me to help my father steal from me?

Felicity: This was a line item on the budget list and it's still not fixed and they had the gall to fire me?

Malcolm: I don't think I can trust you with a weapon for some reason. You're just going to have to make do with krav maga, I'm afraid.

Lonnie: Run along, little girl. I'm a tad busy at the moment trying to kill everyone.

Lyla: The President asked me if the fate of the world is resting in the hands of an IT girl, a criminal, and two guys in Halloween costumes.
Oliver: They're not Halloween costumes.

Lonnie: What is it with you? Why are you always at the mercy of some guy? You can make your own decisions, Thea. You're not a pawn. You're a queen. Get it?

• Love 4

Curtis: You're THE Noah Cutler? If you're Felicity's dad, you were married to Donna and you make so much more sense now!

Felicity: We have less than 24 hours to stop it or the world is going to experience the sequel to War Games.
Curtis: Actually there was a direct to DVD sequel in 2008 but it was a bomb too so that reference still holds.

Damien: You know what the best part about leading a prison break is? A long list of criminals that owe you. It's like one stop shopping for thugs.

Cooper: Just your typical boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boy goes to jail for girl, boy tries to kill girl for money.

Felicity: Thanks for not being dead.

Felicity: I am not pregnant! Is that the only news a woman can have?

Oliver: I should have taken your head.
Malcolm: That's always been your problem - an inability to do what is necessary.
Oliver: Laurel is dead because of you.
Malcolm: What are you going to do? We've already established you're not going to kill me.

Damien: Not that it's not scintillating to watch you type, but when exactly will I have Rubicon back?
Cooper: Hacking isn't as easy as waving your hand.

Oliver: We're not going to hurt you.
Man: Then what are the weapons for?

Noah: Yes, let's all taking hacking advice from a woman whose only use for her smartphone is as a mirror.
Donna: She may have gotten her brains from you but she got her creativity from moi.
Noah: Matching lipstick to lip liner isn't creativity.

Noah: I recently took a bullet for our daughter. Not metaphorically either. By the way, a metaphor is-
Donna: Oh, I know what a metaphor means, just like I know what abandoning your family looks like.

Curtis: Is [Cooper] seriously going full Star Trek 6 on you?

Donna: When I get stressed, I like to fold.
Felicity: I know. When you two were married, it was like living at The Gap.

Malcolm: We can discuss my parenting philosophy later!

Lonnie: Déjà vu all over again - you as the bait, me waiting to kill your husband. I really hope I get it right this time.

Ruvé: You do realize that you're planning to destroy the last safe place left on the entire planet, right?
Lonnie: I'm sorry, did I leave you with the impression that I was a rational guy?

Damien: Finally, Electric Boogaloo awakes!
[heh, that one made me laugh because of my username]

Felicity: Is anyone there? Green Arrow, Spartan, Speedy? Hell, I'd take Malcolm Merlyn at this point!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Damien: Finally, Electric Boogaloo awakes!
[heh, that one made me laugh because of my username]

I'm sure I wasn't the only person here who immediately thought of you when he said that.

• Love 4
(edited)

Felicity: Thanks for not being dead.                                                                                                                                                                                      Lance: Um, aren't we all going to be if you're away from your computer?

Felicity:  I should have taken more processors from Palmer Tech on my way out.                                                                                                              Diggle: They made a mistake letting you go.  They'll see it.                                                                                                                                      Felicity:  And if they don't, I'm taking revenge plan suggestions.

Felicity:  Can't find any public blueprints on file for an underground lair with a creepy sewer entrance.

Edited by Ceylon5
  • Love 5

Damian: Look, I know you don't live here anymore, but those were nice windows.

Curtis: Living in Star City requires a special kind of tenacity. A sane person wouldn't live here.

Damian: What does a guy have to do to end the world in peace?

Damian: Fifteen minutes til the end of the world and you want to spend them with me. I am touched.

• Love 1

More quotes from 423...

Curtis (to Oliver): "No. I know that you're running out of time to get it back. Look. Living in Star City requires a special kind of tenacity. A sane person wouldn't live here. It's a fact that Paul likes to remind me of weekly. We were this close to leaving Star City last October. After three terrorist attacks, we were done, but then the night before we were going to start packing, the Green Arrow popped up on our TV, and he reminded me that this city is worth saving, that my home -  that my home was worth fighting for. That guy gave me inspiration. He gave me hope. And if he could give me hope then, why can't he give it to others now?"

Oliver (to Star City residents): "Stop! Please. I know what you're feeling right now. I'm feeling it, too, the sense of - of helplessness, of hopelessness. I don't know how we even begin to process what might happen to us right now, but there are a few things that I do know. I know that this city has been through tough times before, and we have pulled through. We survived the Undertaking. We survived the siege. We survived the outbreak, and somehow, someway, we will survive this. A friend of mine told me that living in Star City, it takes a special kind of tenacity, but we do live here, because this is our home. This is our home! It is our friend, our family, our lives, and we will not - we will not throw those precious gifts away by descending into chaos. We will look to each other for hope. We will cling to each other for strength, and if we do that, no matter what happens, then we can all stand here united."

Felicity: "You're better than this, Cooper. You're stronger than this. You can still do the right thing. You can still be the man that I loved."
Cooper: "I haven't been that guy in a long time."
Felicity: "Remember what we wanted to do seven years ago in that cockroach-infested dorm room?"
Cooper: "Save the world."
Felicity: "Now's your chance." 

Oliver: "John, I have never done this without you. You're the one who keeps me in line."
Diggle: "Oliver, I don't know if you've been watching lately, but it's been the other way around, man."

Oliver: "No. (Sighs) It's Thea and John."
Felicity: "Them leaving has to be a blow."
Oliver: "And they're leaving because of their own personal darkness. I just can't help but think that maybe they were infected by mine."
Felicity: "Maybe. Like you said, maybe you can't become a hero without succumbing to the darkness even a little bit. But you were able to defeat Darhk by giving the city its hope back."
Oliver: "You're saying it's not black and white?"
Felicity: "I'm saying that there is a man who killed Darhk in cold blood. And that same man stood on top of a car and gave the city its hope back. What you're feeling isn't darkness. It's a schism. You're at war with two sides of yourself."

Oliver: "I didn't know you'd be here."
Felicity: "You thought I was leaving, too? (He looks at her) Not a chance."

• Love 3
(edited)

I have found only four instances where Arrow used the "in your bones" line (which is apparently also used by GB in real life*).  I could've sworn there were more.  Other than the following, does anyone recall any other episode where this line of dialogue was used? ...

(* In 2015 WSJ interview, GB: “The only way to defend an episode through the whole process, with the studio and network and actors [weighing in], is to know in your bones that this is the moment we’re writing toward.”) 

221 (City of Blood) 
Laurel: "No. No! (Hugs him) You can't commit suicide, Ollie. You won't do that to me. Or to Sara. Or to your friends. Or to Thea. Oliver, she just lost her mother. Losing you would destroy her."
Oliver: "But she'll be alive."
Laurel: "I don't know anything about hoods and masks or human weapons or any of this. But I know you. I know you like I know my own name. And I realize it may sound crazy in light of your secret, but I know who you are in your bones, Oliver. And that person - that person doesn't give up. That person, he always finds a way."
Oliver: "Not this time."

401 (Green Arrow) 
Laurel: “We need the Arrow.”
Oliver: “The Arrow's dead.” 
Laurel: “We're hoping that's not the case. We're hoping that you can't change who you are in your bones.” 
Thea: “Come help us stop these guys, and then you can come back to your -your domestic life of tranquility and soufflés.” 

401 (Green Arrow) 
Oliver: “What do you want, Amanda?” 
Waller: “To help you. You haven't returned home because you feel you're a monster. You're trying to deny it, channeling your killer instinct into something productive. But you can't change who you are in your bones.” 
Oliver: “I don't need a therapist.” 
Waller: “The hood and eye makeup may suggest otherwise. Stop trying to run from your inner darkness. Embrace it. Let it run its course. Oftentimes, the only way out is through.” 

414 (Code of Silence) 
Donna: "Yes. That and, um - I've been living vicariously through you. You and Oliver are one of those couples that everyone believes in. You don't lie to each other… ever, and he's gonna be the best daddy in the whole world when that time comes."
Felicity: "(chuckles softly)"
Donna: "You know that, don't you?" 
Felicity: "In my bones." 
Donna: "And when I see something that beautiful and that rare and that romantic, it also reminds me that, you know, I'm never gonna find a love like that." 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I still think the main reason "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons was used as the love/sex theme for O/L was solely because it uses "I feel it in my bones"

The irony of the rest of the song in light of the failure of O/L is also not lost on me. But I can't imagine anyone in the Arrow music dept, deciding to be that meta at that point in the show.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

From 501...

Oliver: "Hey, look. Being a vigilante is not just putting on a mask and thinking up a codename. These people are amateurs, Felicity. You really think that they're going to replace Dig or Thea or Laurel? They couldn't do that if I wanted them to, and I don't want them to."

Felicity: "I am jealous. I've been trying to get Oliver to work with a team for weeks now."
Oliver (over comms): "They're not a team!"
Felicity (over comms): "Well, you can look it up. A team is 'a group of persons associated with a joint action.'"

Oliver: “There’s a Russian proverb. I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently. Akula, kotorya Ne plavayet, Ne tonet. 'The shark that does not swim drowns.' You don’t move forward, you die.”

Felicity: "Oh. That. Well, I just thought since you decided to 'keep swimming' as mayor, you might do the same as Green Arrow."
Oliver: "You might be right."
Felicity: "Lance told me about the Russian proverb, by the way. Very poetic. Wait - did you just say I might be right? Are you okay?"

• Love 5

From 502...

Oliver: "No mask?"
Felicity: "No chance."

Oliver: "What? It's out of their league, too. They're too green."
Felicity: "Some could say the same about you. I've been waiting five years to make that joke. The convention center has 20 entrances. You can't be on them all. Throw them around the perimeter for three extra pairs of eyes. What could it hurt?"

Oliver: "Now, you know I don't have a bedside manner."
Felicity: "There's having no bedside manner, and then there is being physically and emotionally abusive."
Oliver: "It took me years five in Hell to turn into someone capable of going out there. You know who didn't have five years? Laurel Lance. And now she's dead."
Felicity: "Oh, were those five years just full of pain and suffering, or did you have someone who taught you?"
Oliver: "I had a few people who taught me, and I'm trying to teach them."
Felicity: "What, to take a punch? An insult? You keep expecting them to do what you're telling them to do, and then you're not giving them any reason. You just keep jabbing them with a cattle prod, expecting them to perform, and the guy that you called reckless got us our only clue we have so far."

Oliver: "You were right."
Felicity: "As much as I usually love hearing those three little words, gloating right now would be like kicking a puppy."
Oliver: "I failed these recruits as a leader."
Felicity: "Well, that's because you're not a leader. Well, in your defense, you never set out to be. You never planned on doing this with partners. Though, I don't think you really ever had a way around that one."
Oliver: "How so?"
Felicity: "When I got to know you -  the real you - I was in awe. I had never met somebody so passionate. So focused and determined to make a real difference. But the recruits didn't get to see the real you because all you showed them was this angry guy in a mask, like scary angry."
Oliver: "I just thought that if they didn't know who I was, it would make things easier."
Felicity: "How would that make things easier for them?"
Oliver: "For me. Easier for me. When I was in the Bratva -"
Felicity: "You never talk about your time in Russia."
Oliver: "Nobody in the Bratva uses their real names. Nobody knows anything about anyone's life before they were Bratva."
Felicity: "Sounds lonely."
Oliver: "It's effective. They teach you that the only person you can trust is yourself, that without personal attachment, there can be no loss. Laurel, Thea, Dig, even Roy. I let them into my crusade. I let them in - Then they left. I was protecting myself."
Felicity: "I just think you're missing something."
Oliver: "Only one thing?"
Felicity: "The reason the original team worked so well... was because of the trust and respect that everyone had for Oliver Queen, not the Green Arrow. Oliver is the one who makes a good leader. He's the one that runs a good team. He's the one that I chose to stand by and that I continue to choose to stand by."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Felicity: And you wonder why your approval rating is in the basement.
Oliver: I don't wonder.

Felicity: How'd you ditch your security detail?
Oliver: I used to ditch John Diggle.

Felicity: Tobias Church aka Charon.
Oliver: The ferryman of Hades. Left gold coins on the eyes of one of his victims last night.
Felicity: Well, well, well.
Oliver: I didn't fail every course that I took in college.

Felicity: Church runs with a crew and yours is not coming back.
Oliver: You don't know that.
Felicity: Yes, I do. It's called not being in denial. You really ought to give it a try.

Felicity: I found an address for this guy. You mind checking him out for me?
Curtis: Felicity, I am a happily married man.
Felicity: Just see what you can find out, like if he's loco or anything.
Curtis: We are calling him the Wild Dog. Isn't it already settled?

Curtis: This is the craziest superhero scavenger hunt I have ever been on, not that I've ever been on any.
Felicity: Wild Dog isn't a superhero. He's a vigilante.
Curtis: You are really going to have to explain the distinction to me.

Curtis: How does [Oliver] do [the salmon ladder]?
Oliver: It's all in the core. I'm guessing this wasn't part of your Olympic training.

Oliver: Curtis, if you think [the salmon ladder] is hard, wait until I actually start training you.
Curtis: What happens then?
Oliver: The last guy got an arrow in his leg before it even started.
Curtis: That was Roy, right?
Oliver: Also Roy but I'm talking about Wild Dog.
Felicity: And you did put two arrows in Barry Allen's back.
Curtis: I'm starting to sense a pattern.

Curtis: I can do it, sir.
Oliver: Don't call me sir.
Curtis: Okay, Oliver.
Curtis: Don't call me Oliver.

Felicity: I only wear a mask once a year and that's if my Halloween costume calls for it.

Curtis: I'm sure that kicking things off by lying to everyone is an awesome idea.
Felicity: Well, the original team started off with Oliver lying about this identity.
Curtis: And everyone who's not dead or presumed dead quit.

Felicity: I'm just here to make sure the horrible maiming stays at a minimum.

Felicity: At least he's not shooting them.

Wild Dog: I'm here to learn something, man, not just get beat up.
Oliver: I told you. I'm teaching you.
Evelyn: Teaching us what exactly? Because actually I find myself agreeing with the scary weird guy.
Oliver: The goal of this exercise is to figure out the goal of this exercise.

Oliver: I know that none of you are ready for this but now I'm not sure if you're ever going to be because you are reckless, you're useless if you're not behind a computer, and you are just a little girl who should be doing something better with her life.
Felicity: Okay, that's enough pep talk for one day.

Diggle: Don't you hate it when your plan to steal illegal nuclear technology hits a snag?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Oliver: I know that none of you are ready for this but now I'm not sure if you're ever going to be because you are reckless, you're useless if you're not behind a computer, and you are just a little girl who should be doing something better with her life.
Felicity: Okay, that's enough pep talk for one day.

Where's the lie?

• Love 6

Deadshot: It is hard going on the lam with an eye patch.

Felicity: Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Shakespeare. Or Tupac. Is this Green Arrow brooding or mayor brooding?

Rory: Are you sure you were an Olympian?
Curtis: Having great reflexes is not the only quality in an Olympian. There are other things like determination and stubbornness.
Evelyn: I guess a sense of fashion isn't one of them. Come on, man, where did you get that jacket? It's retro in all the wrong ways.

Rene: That almost sounded like an apology.
Oliver: I'm still learning too.

Rory: Your mask looks cool, by the way.

I thought we've been over this. You can't hurt me.
Oliver: Just because you can't feel your tendons being sliced doesn't mean you don't need them.

Rene: Do the people who built this elevator know your secret too?

Curtis: Okay, everyone just breathe normally. I know this is a lot to take in.
Felicity: He fainted the first time he saw it.
Curtis: I had the flu.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Curtis: Okay, everyone just breathe normally. I know this is a lot to take in.
Felicity: He fainted the first time he saw it.
Curtis: I had the flu.

What I love about this is Felicity wasn't there to see it.  She's telling the story second hand.  Lol.

• Love 1

Rene: Come on, Mr. Olympia, hustle up.
Curtis: Mr. Olympia is a bodybuilding competition. I was an Olympic athlete.
Rene: Yeah? They give out gold medals for effort now?
Curtis: Very funny. And it was a bronze medal. Why is that so hard to remember?

Oliver: Artemis, be ready.
Evelyn: Does this mean I actually get to shoot someone?

Felicity: I didn't think he'd actually hit you guys.
Rene: You know what really sucks?
Curtis: Realizing that in all those training sessions when he was kicking our respective asses, the whole time he was taking it easy on us?
Evelyn: Yeah, remind me to never ever get on his bad side.
Curtis: I think that would imply that he has a good side. And you know, Felicity, could you please explain to me again how you thought this was all going to go down?
Felicity: I thought if he saw you guys all united against his crazy plan, he'd reconsider.
Curtis: Right, because Oliver Queen is known for thinking things through and taking input from others.

Rene: You probably got beat up in grade school a lot.
Curtis: And junior high.

Oliver: Hey, John. What's new?

Oliver: You're my brother, John. What happens to you happens to me.

Guy: You mind uncuffing me before they kill you?

(edited)

Felicity: I would punch this monitor if I did not know how much it cost.

Rory: Do people just walk into your secret base of operations?
Felicity and Curtis: Yes.

Diggle: You guys must be the new kids on the block.
Curtis: We're more like the Backstreet Boys.
[no response]
Curtis: It was funnier in my head.

Oliver: I have security. I'll be fine.
Felicity: Have you ever - has he ever said that and it actually turned out to be true?

Diggle: I know I said I thought it was a good idea for us to start a new team but what do we have? A Laurel Lance wannabe, a weird rag guy, a lunatic, and Curtis just wasn't who I pictured.

Thea: Did you go out as the Green Arrow last night and get hit really hard in the head?

Oliver: John referred to you as the human target.
Christopher Chance: That works better as a job description than a nickname.

[Felicity puts the Oliver mask on her face]
Felicity: This is so weird. You have failed this city!

Diggle: You're safe, Rene. Nothing can hurt you.
Rene: Is this going to be one of those hippie dippie meditation things?

Felicity: You do remember this apartment has a front door, right?
Oliver: Front doors are more for people who haven't just faked their own death.

Oliver: Why didn't you tell me that you were seeing someone?
Felicity: Maybe on some crazy subconscious level, I was worried you'd show up on my balcony in the middle of the night.

Felicity: That's a bigger leap than Curtis took at the Beijing Olympics.

Rene: You're all geared up.
Diggle: Oliver didn't bust me out of prison to warm the bench.

Diggle: When it comes to guilt and recrimination, the line forms behind me.

Church: You mind if I call you Oliver?
Oliver: Yes, I do.

[Felicity enters Oliver's office]
Chance: Speak of the devil.
Felicity: Am I the devil now?

Chance: That's a nice knife, Maybe I'll keep it after I kill you.

Oliver: I failed chemistry in high school - twice. 

Anatoly: You play - what's American term? douche - very well. 

Oliver: I know that you're all upset with me so thank you for showing up despite that.
Curtis: Well, we were afraid you'd kill us if we didn't. Too soon?

Billy: I've got so many questions. Do you know where [the Green Arrow] lives? Is his face all scarred or something? Is that why he wears a hood?

Rene: Well, if it isn't my favorite chief of staff. How you doing?
Thea: Still not interested. 

• Love 1

Vigilante: I'm not here for you!
Curtis: Then stop trying to kill us!

Oliver: You play pool?
Susan: If by play, you mean win.

Rory: Isn't that taking method acting a little far?
John: We have to make this look legit.
Rory: I can't wait to explain that at my arraignment.

Curtis: My whole life I've waited to see signs of intelligent life. Now that I'm seeing it, they're not intelligent at all. They're just mean.

Cisco: That's two Rorys I know now. The other one, he's a douche though. You're not a douche, are you?

Curtis: We're going to hack alien tech! This is seriously the best day of my entire life!

Diggle: We think we're in some sort of shared hallucination.
Sara: That's crazy. Not as crazy as me knowing kung fu, but it is definitely up there.
Oliver: That wasn't kung fu. It was jeet kune do.

Rene: You know the green guy would have kicked my ass if I talked to him that way.
Kara: Oh, yeah, yeah. We know.

Nate: Oliver, nice clothes. Shop at an alien Gap?

Thea: This is twice as many space ships as I ever thought I'd be on.

Oliver: How'd you find us?
Nate: I didn't. Your nerd army back on earth did.

• Love 1