Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: I Hate New York

Steven Weber!!  He's always a delight.  I could want entire episode of just him and Richard Schiff just hating on each other.  Don't blame Anderson and Spencer for wanting nothing to do with him after his offer, but I have a bad feeling about Anderson going all in like this.  I just don't see Spencer being able to pull this deal off.

Charles has had enough of Siefert after being forced to fire the coach and then watch Siefert hire the guy he claimed he wasn't "interested" in and take all the credit.  So, he's looking for other options.  Hmm...

Ricky is so not going to "take it easy", even after the doctor's warning.

• Love 2

The show has become ridiculous. There are several meetings about moving the Raiders without anyone from the Raiders present. People make decisions about spending hundreds of millions of dollars in 15 seconds. A former player who acts as a financial adviser to maybe 2 or 3 players is the person spearheading the moving of an NFL franchise.

• Love 3

This show has begun to piss me off, and I suspect it's because it is self-limited by its relationship with the NFL to tell crappy stories. Oh look, after Spencer barely keeps his license, his risky foray is ... to bring an NFL franchise to Las Vegas, just like what happened in real life. Yawn.

Charles has to fire Siefert ... and does it on the practice field, in front of all the players? Is Charles an idiot? Do they not have an HR intern who could give them the basics?

Ricky threw away any integrity the character has built during the show's run.

The brothers thing was just stupid. No one who acts like that can succeed at that level.  The only interesting part was the CEO saying that working with players must be tedious, and Spencer wants to move on and up. If this show gave us a Spencer who thought at all that way, it would be a great way to show character growth. But we never see it.

What is the point of this show? I feel like I'm being taken for a ride.

Also, and this may not be popular, I think having The Rock be the lead character was a bad choice. Not because of his acting. It's his body. He's too freaking big, bigger than the players. He's too much and should look more like a retired player... a little soft around the middle, a little out of shape. When he is on the screen it's like a bodybuilder is walking around, preening and showing off his contrasting pearly whites. 

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, KidHorn said:

The show has become ridiculous. There are several meetings about moving the Raiders without anyone from the Raiders present. People make decisions about spending hundreds of millions of dollars in 15 seconds. A former player who acts as a financial adviser to maybe 2 or 3 players is the person spearheading the moving of an NFL franchise.

Yeah I don't get it either.  Seems completely unrealistic.

I realize this is not a documentary, we don't need a  blow by blow on plans and meetings and all the tedious details of a franchise move.  But its certainly going to be more involved than some two bit financial planner for a few of his friends throwing out the idea and suddenly the Raiders and multibillionaires are just upping and moving. 

• Love 1
On 8/31/2017 at 2:22 PM, Ottis said:

Also, and this may not be popular, I think having The Rock be the lead character was a bad choice. Not because of his acting. It's his body. He's too freaking big, bigger than the players. He's too much and should look more like a retired player... a little soft around the middle, a little out of shape. When he is on the screen it's like a bodybuilder is walking around, preening and showing off his contrasting pearly whites. 

Hey hey now.   The Rock is perfect as he is.  Spencer in his plaid suit, leaning against the wall watching the 2 brothers argue was the definition of FINE.   

Plus as much female nudity and women walking around in lingerie (Does Charles's wife own clothes?) packed into every episode, we deserve some male eye candy as well. 

• Love 3