Type keyword(s) to search

The Disappearance Of Natalee Holloway - General Discussion

• Start Topic

From Decider.com:

Premiering tonight (Saturday, 8/19/2017) on Oxygen, The Disappearance Of Natalee Holloway is a new true-crime docuseries that follows Natalee’s father, Dave Holloway, and his longtime private investigator T.J. Ward as they investigate a potentially game-changing new lead that may finally provide much-needed answers to a series of questions no family should have to ask. If you’re unfamiliar with the basics of the case, the premiere episode — which is now streaming on Oxygen.com — offers a comprehensive recap of this captivating whodunit while also reaffirming that the most riveting mysteries aren’t found under the guise of fiction.

This case has always interested me. My guess is she was dumped into the ocean and no one will ever find her. This new info about human remains being found is something I never thought would happen. I will be floored if the bones so prove to be Natalie's. Pretty sure Joran Van de Sloot did it, but the bit about his dad breaking her legs and helping to bury her is a little hard to believe. The dad dad dropping dead of a heart attack in his 50's just makes me think he had some pretty bad Karma. I'm sure he knew his kid killed her.

ETA: The Aruban officials are now saying the bones were animal? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/human-remains-natalee-holloway_us_599744f3e4b0e8cc855dc41b?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

I have seen other sites that say they removed human bones and are taking them to be tested. Is Natalies dad a famewhore who is looking to plug his show by saying there are human remains? I hope not, I think he's a sad man who is looking for his daughter and will do anything to find her. This whole thing makes me sad.

Edited by Arynm
On 8/20/2017 at 0:47 PM, Arynm said:

This case has always interested me. My guess is she was dumped into the ocean and no one will ever find her. This new info about human remains being found is something I never thought would happen. I will be floored if the bones so prove to be Natalie's. Pretty sure Joran Van de Sloot did it, but the bit about his dad breaking her legs and helping to bury her is a little hard to believe. The dad dad dropping dead of a heart attack in his 50's just makes me think he had some pretty bad Karma. I'm sure he knew his kid killed her.

ETA: The Aruban officials are now saying the bones were animal? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/human-remains-natalee-holloway_us_599744f3e4b0e8cc855dc41b?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

I have seen other sites that say they removed human bones and are taking them to be tested. Is Natalies dad a famewhore who is looking to plug his show by saying there are human remains? I hope not, I think he's a sad man who is looking for his daughter and will do anything to find her. This whole thing makes me sad.

I vaguely recall reading something that Joran VDS pretty much blamed everything on his dad after his dad died. I could be making that up. As far as I'm concerned he did it (Joran, not the dad) and he is exactly where he belongs

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:47 PM, Arynm said:

I hope not, I think he's a sad man who is looking for his daughter and will do anything to find her. This whole thing makes me sad.

I think he's just so desperate for an answer he wills himself to believe there is hope. It is heartbreaking. I would love for the family to get the answer they so desperately need, but I am not optimistic.

The trouble is, this Joran asshole is a pathological liar. Nothing he says can be trusted and it's been so long now that any witness evidence would be questionable. I am at about 98% that Joran did it. I can accept it might have been an accidental death and he was afraid he'd get blamed so he covered it up, then liked the attention so kept lying to get more publicity. But I really, really believe he was involved. If not, he should go to prison anyway for all his lying that made it impossible to find out what really happened.

• Love 1

There is a new ad running on TV promoting Aruba as a fun vacation destination. Every time I see it I think of Natalee.  It's probably not fair, but I think Aruba is always going to be associated with Natalee Holloway and her death.

• Love 5

So, in that last episode made it look like their "good guy" helper was trying to guilt them into giving him money.  Where are they living now?  Shady dude (I don't care enough to remember their names) isn't still in Aruba, is he?  If not, wouldn't US laws apply?  He practically confessed.  You'd think US law enforcement could get involved now.

• Love 1

I was surprised at all the complaining about the good guy helper and his complaints . The investigator was acting like having to handle him on the phone and listen to him carry on was some huge imposition. I think if I was the good guy helper, I'd be going nuts having this sociopath in my home, especially with young children and the guy being a thief as well. Not being able to work for seversl months as well is a huge sacrifice. They should pin a medal on him instead of acting like he's whining over nothing.

It all seems rather futile to be doing all these things on their own since nothing is admissible in court, nor probably even going to be acknowledged by the police. I feel so sad for her father and hope both those conscienceless perps wind up locked up forever, no matter how.

I was really surprised by all the complaining about Gabriel as well. He is doing your job TJ! The one you can't do because dude doesn't trust you. If Gabriel wants to deal with the lady handler, you should just say ok and be happy he hasn't thrown his hands up and told everyone to fuck off. Honestly, he is doing you a huge service and they are acting like he's a pain. The guy Gabriel is getting the info/body whereabouts from is unstable and dangerous. I would be scared to deal with him.

TJ getting so mad because Gabriel didn't charge the GPS was ridiculous. Where should he plug that little beauty in while he is trying to be undercover and put the man he is with into jail?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Arynm said:

I was really surprised by all the complaining about Gabriel as well. He is doing your job TJ! The one you can't do because dude doesn't trust you. If Gabriel wants to deal with the lady handler, you should just say ok and be happy he hasn't thrown his hands up and told everyone to fuck off. Honestly, he is doing you a huge service and they are acting like he's a pain. The guy Gabriel is getting the info/body whereabouts from is unstable and dangerous. I would be scared to deal with him.

TJ getting so mad because Gabriel didn't charge the GPS was ridiculous. Where should he plug that little beauty in while he is trying to be undercover and put the man he is with into jail?

I find it ironic that TJ is annoyed because Gabriel is a pain in the ass and frustrating to deal with, which is exactly what Gabriel is saying about whatshisassface. Swallow your pride, TJ. Suck it up and deal with it for the greater good. In other words, exactly the advice you gave Gabriel.

• Love 2

Was Beth Holloway at all involved in this?  I didn't hear them mention her until right at the end of the episode when TJ was questioning John Ludwig.  She was a very polarizing figure at the time, but honestly at least some of her criticisms of the investigation seem warranted by what we now know.  Hard to judge whether keeping quiet and trying to work things behind the scenes is better, or speaking up and putting public pressure to bear.  In this case, publicity never seemed to accomplish anything.  David seems just as skeptical of the Arubans' ability to bring things to a conclusion, but he's a bit more muted in his comments, more resigned than outraged.  I was disappointed but not at all surprised that Gabriel and John were allowed to leave and return to the US.  It's heartrending, and I was sniffling right along with the surveillance woman when David was wandering around the purported grave site searching for some clue.  I hope they get some answers, but I think David is wise to be very slow to get hopeful they will. 

It is good to know that human garbage Joran VDS is in prison for a good chunk of time.  That may be the closest we get to justice in this one, and I feel pretty sure every day he is in prison is a day some woman is out of danger from him.

11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

So how did this end?

Exactly what I read months ago - there are bones that tested human, but the results of the comparison to Natalee's mom won't be available until Oct. 6th.  So why air the show now?  Very confusing.  

• Love 2

This was a giant waste and I can't figure out why Dave Holloway et al agreed to have this filmed for TV, unless Oxygen paid for much of what they were doing. It really made no sense to me at all. No progress was made in the case. 

I heard almost nothing about Dave Holloway or his involvement in the case before this show. It was always Beth who was out there pushing.

• Love 1