Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: Alicia Florrick 2.0

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's first four seasons. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Is anyone watching the reruns of GW on Hallmark?  It has become my new obsession.  I had forgotten Eli has a daughter.  She seems to have gone to Mandyville.  And the young nurse from Nurse Jackie is Will's sister!  

• Love 1

I just started this show and I'm on season 2, ep 2. I don't come in here much as I don't want to get spoiled, but I had to vent because I find the kids beyond stupid and irritating. They are much dumber and more naive that teens in that situation would be. Season 2 ep 2- Grace doesn't get the stupidity of talking at length to kids with a camera? Followed immediately by the boy with Becca, who's creating a fake site for Childs Jr and he's saying- oh this is just fun, right, we're not doing anything for real? Even though Becca has already proven herself capable of doing a lot 'for real'. Again either really stupid or really naive, and either way it's painful to watch.

I found their whole storyline in season 1 dragged and really disappointed to see the same dumb stuff starting in season 2, and the same 'oh don't tell anyone!'....non- drama. I wish I could fast forward their scenes.

Rant over, thanks! Otherwise I think this show is fantastic.

• Love 1

It's been almost 6 months, so hopefully it's okay I post again. I just finished watching S 5 Outside the Bubble and Hitting the Fan for the first time. I’m not sure what the writers were going for but I feel completely repulsed by Alicia. This has been growing since halfway through Season 3, but the last episode really pushed it over the top, to the point where I don’t want to watch the show.

To me it seemed like Will was devastated by her betrayal in leaving, and it is both a personal and professional betrayal; her response, however- she just really comes across as indifferent to what she has done. I know she cried in the elevator, but it seemed more like a shock/stress reaction. I don’t think that was genuinely about Will or reflected any real regret or even recognition of what she actually did. She then just returns to the business aspect and was gleefully having sex with Peter hours later, which was gross, gross in the sense that she had just hurt someone terribly, and chose to follow it up with celebratory sex after. Again just reflects how how indifferent she is to the impact on Will.

I think she has used him terribly throughout their relationship and both he and Kalinda are better off without her. Since about halfway season 3 it has seemed  increasingly clear that she is really very invested in pursuing power, and that having power is a big part of her draw to Peter and her inability to dump him.

I know Will dies. I was going to watch to that point and then quit, but it was hard just getting through this episode. I can watch and root against Alicia but it’s kind of fruitless as I guess she’s the heroine, as far as the writers are concerned…it’s weird when there’s such a disconnect between me watching a character I find repulsive and awful, and whatever the writers are thinking.

The thing is, I get that Alicia has not been an awful person deliberately, but that is almost worse because there is a real carelessness about her actions towards others, and a real selfishness that is almost worse than if she had deliberately tried to fuck someone over.

• Love 3

I caught a rerun last night on my local MyTV station of the episode with Kalinda testifying in the grand jury, and Blake revealing that Leela had slept with Peter. It also, in a subplot, dealt with Lemond Bishop getting a divorce. It was a particularly good showing for David Lee, when the wife's attorney comes in to accuse Bishop of her overdose - it's always great to see David Lee show genuine restraint on a delicate topic.

But, what really stood out on rewatch was that, during the custody discussion, they kept saying "children". Yet, we've only seen the one child - Bishop's son. Is that a continuity error? Or is it just typical to use the plural in a legal discussion?

Also, I really liked the mediator in this episode. In fact, I think the mediators on the show have all be great, and few enough that the different ways they're all quirky hasn't become tiresome.

• Love 1

Hello People, wish you a happy day.

To first of all: it is close to the Greek tragedy drama of the first class. This is not television, as we Germans know it, this is great cinema. If you see a German series, you are close to a depression due to the miserable performance of the actor and always tries to eat the remote control against despair. The only incidentally.

Season 1-5 are excellent almost to one hundred percent and operate as well as everything the viewer with excitement. Wonderfully written and implemented by directors and actors. What a wonder if Ridley Scott has his hands in the game. -But! That's right, there is a "but". Not Peter, he is a butt. Not Chris Noth. He is a good actor and very credibly plays the Svillan by Governor.

Now to the "but": it would have been better to let the story end with the fifth season. Season six very active to maintain the tension. And you get the feeling, the performers are weary of their role. The Verve and vitality start to shrink under the experienced game. I know a German actor, who had to play a comedy on stage 1,224 times. He told me: the type (role) depends on me to the neck out. Probably it's the good-wife-team otherwise. And it's all at the expense of reality.

The plot is predictable, you got the impression. I'm on S6/E8. This constant "I'm running not!". And what is she doing? -Although the viewership (for season 5) again increased, the quality decreases at the same rate.

And one more thing on the edge: you know, I'm german. German actor (in TV) have a disastrous speaking culture. But what some American actors are mumbling in his beard, it's no cowhide.

See you later.
Cooper

S6/E14. Eli´s daughter. What the hell has to find this little look-like-a-pancake-flubber-girl in this story. (sorry for these verbal slip) She is as superfluous as the Pope's balls. What is her mission? The only thing, I guess, she has powerful to trample the audience on the nerves like a baby elephant. We had it with amber at Parenthood, with Debra with Dexter, Skyler and Marie in Breaking Bad... Does anyone know more examples? - And as already suspected, the story is getting thinner and thinner and dumber. What a pity. But run out of ideas at some point even the best writers. It begins to be a viscous paste. Nevertheless: I hold on to the bitter end.

• Love 1
(edited)

Eli´s daughter.

I'll finish the sentence...."is the most wonderful, delightful thing to happen in this season of suck." 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1
(edited)

Excuse me, pennben . A synonym for "suck" is..............? -  And yeah, Maherjunkie. Together we are strong. (smile)

I'm not pennben, but...

A rough synonym for suck is crap. You could also say it very loosely translates to Dreck oder Misthaufen. The linguistic origin is from the verb to suck, which has the slang meaning (in this case) to be utterly dreadful.

Edited by Reishe
  • Love 1