Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Wham, Bam, Thank You Sam

raven

The team sets out on a rescue mission for Abe and Dariela’s son, Isaac. Then, in search of information on a new hybrid, Mitch and Jamie travel to California, where they cross paths with a familiar face from their past.

This show has evolved into a depiction of the ultimate dysfunctional family, including the pets that are just never housebroken. Sort of like Dynasty, with all the backstabbing and front stabbing and neck darting and whatnot.

• Love 2

"Look, there's someone cutting themselves out of the invisible snake!!!  It's ........ It's ...........  IAN ZIERING!??!!"

"Surprise!!!!  I've got Tara Reid, The Hoff, and everyone else inside here!!!!  This show is so silly, and the acting is so bad, you guys are officially going to be in the next Sharknado sequel!!!"

"That's it, Rafiki!!  I'm taking my kid and going back to Africa!!!"

• Love 3

Jamie cutting herself out of the snake was only to be expected.  Frankly, I'm surprised she didn't emerge clutching the spinal fluid sample, having drawn it from inside the snake!

Thank goodness the kids have been rescued.  I was getting tired of Abe wandering around, shouting "Waaaaaalt!"

I guess one disadvantage of "tabletizing" the plane is that anyone with a cheap iPad can now climb on board without let or hindrance, and do whatever they will.  By the way, how does the FAA feel about the biggest plane in the world flying around overhead, controlled entirely by an Android app?  It is still a pretty amazing aircraft though, judging by Jackson's comment about using a dirt road as a runway.  (The A380 has a wheel track of nearly 50 feet, and weighs well over 500 tons, and Jamie's plane is bigger, right?)  When they have a fistfight on board and smash the place up, do leprechauns appear and fix the place up again?

The part of Abigail should have been written for a man.  Because she looks strange, evilly twirling her moustache....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

When they have a fistfight on board and smash the place up, do leprechauns appear and fix the place up again?

We wondered about this last season. Mitch might have even wondered in one episode.

I wonder if Logan is really gone. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

I guess one disadvantage of "tabletizing" the plane is that anyone with a cheap iPad can now climb on board

Hey now, don't go dissing my ol' iPad Mini 1. If I can post on this board with it, surely I can fly the Snakes on the Plane around the block with it!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Hey now, don't go dissing my ol' iPad Mini 1. If I can post on this board with it, surely I can fly the Snakes on the Plane around the block with it!

It's the latest thing from Uber: driverless planes. 

• Love 1

I don't care if he's obviously shady and up to no good: if the great Michael Hogan shows up and offers you a Bearclaw either a) take it or b) politely decline.  Don't be a dick to Michael Hogan, Logan!

Wish we got more of the giant, invisible (!) snake, but it was fun while it lasted.  At least it involved Mitch, because if there was ever a time for some classic Billy Burke snark and reactions shots, then this was it.  Should have known though that Jaime was just going to cut her way out after he swallowed her.  The worst mistake that snake ever made.

Surprised that Clementine held her own pretty well against Abigail.  But now she's in the magical tank, since something has gone wrong with the baby and they need the blood of the father who save it.  Which.... ends up not being whoever she claims it was, and now Abigail randomly shows up and shoots the best lead they had, and has now likely kidnapped Jackson.  Ah, family reunions!

At least Issac and the rest of the kids have been saved, but I could care less if Abe and Dariela give it another go.  Rather see more of Abe with either Jackson or Mitch.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

I don't care if he's obviously shady and up to no good: if the great Michael Hogan shows up and offers you a Bearclaw either a) take it or b) politely decline.

I'm still wondering:

1. Was "bearclaw" a Zoo pun in the script?
  2. Did Michael Hogan adlib it?

And how many of us were dreading that Michael Hogan was going to reveal a real bear's bloody appendage? *cringe* *so glad that didn't happen*

Only on TV can you have your head slammed around repeatedly - and through glass! and still be conscious with not a cut on you.  I guess Clem cleaned up that mess before telling the big ole lie about no fight when Abigail got there?  I know she fessed up later but what was the point of lying in the first place?  Didn't want everyone to be overprotective?  It doesn't make sense.  Gosh, so lucky that Jackson convinced the authorities to let them take the tank!

Abe & Dariela - if you're going for the make up sex - close the door!! 

So I think Clem just grabbed poor dead Sam with the red truck out of her memory (though why-he was out of the country, maybe she thought they wouldn't find him, or she's just buying time), leaving us still wondering who the father is.   I hope it's not Logan...just no.  At least Logan's awful stash is growing into a goatee, somewhat.

Teleporting wolves and invisible giant anacondas.  That's the Zoo I want.  Though it seems the wolf hybrid was eaten by the invisible snake, so no actual teleporting.  I enjoyed Mitch and Jamie bonding in Peru and Mitch & Mitch's dad co-snarking.  Mitch is one to hold a grudge, complaining that Dad didn't call him after his resurrection.  Since Max knew Clem was pregnant (I'm not believing that she called him), I'm going with she was artificially inseminated and he knew about that.

Sigh...so our team is still keeping secrets - Clem is full of them, Mitch/Mr. Duncan - though he was probably "activated" which is why he tranq'd Jamie.

Jeez Abigail, she sure likes blowing people away!  I hope she gets eaten soon.

Based on Bad Guys Tropes (don't know if there is such a category outside of my viewing experience) likely

1. the real Sam is hog tied and gagged in a closet (if the writers ever want to get his blood or have a shotgun wedding led by Mitch)
  2. or else Real Sam is dead in the closet.
  3. Or Sam and not Clem is the key to restoring humanity's fertility, and Sam's wife and babies are bound and gagged in the closet with Bad Guys holding guns on them and on Sam
  4. or, Sam was otherwise threatened (his grandma is bound and gagged in the closet with guns aimed at them etc.)
  5. Or Sam was bribed with a truckload of Nutella 
  6. or, if they want to redeem Sam, he was lied to and told the people at his door were Bad Guys lying to him either about Clem being pregnant or about wanting to help the baby
  • Love 1

Finally got around to watching this.

Seriously, can someone put a lock on the door of the plane ?  This is the second time that Abigail waltzed onboard undetected.

How did she even know that Abendegos (or whatever his name is) was even on the plane ?

But on the bright side they find all the kids after Agibail finds one that has determined some frequency for telepathy with the hybrids.  Sure, why not ?

It's Saul Tigh from BSG -- playing a high level IADG agent (I'm sure he's probably evil).  But anyway, he tells Logan that the team needs to head to Peru to find a new hybrid.  Tarapoto, Peru to be exact --- which seems oddly specific.

Bloody hell, more Logan/Jamie drama and he's gone faster than Jackson's girlfriend.

Mitch and Jamie are wandering on foot in Peru when they encounter a non-razorback wolf, which apparently growls like a tiger, that can teleport.  And Mitch gets hit with a tranquilizer dart, that was fired by Mitch's dear old dad, Max.  What are the odds ?

Giant 60 ft. ghost snakes ?  Teleporting wolves ?  Seriously, what's next -- flying whales ?  The CGI wolf was just terrible.

Turns out, the giant invisible snake with super-adaptive camouflage ate the wolf.  Ok, I guess.  But a 60 ft. snake would leave a path of destruction as noted by Mitch, destruction that would be noticeable while the snake was moving, but there was no sign of things being broken like the tree when it ate the wolf.

Clem's baby daddy is called Sam Parker and he's from Colorado -- but they need him because Abe wants to do an in-utero blood transfusion because the baby's blood is somehow mixing with Clem's blood (that doesn't seem right) and creating anti-bodies that are harmful to the baby.  Sure, whatever.

Why is there an abandoned ferris wheel in Tarapoto, Peru ?

Of course, Jamie finds a fully charged fire extinguisher so that they can use it to find the ghost snake -- and find it they do, but then it bolts and re-cloaks.  Turns out Max wants to weaponize its cloaking capability to sell to the military.  Of course, Jamie gets eaten by the snake.

Looking at Jackson's computer display, the wall against the hybrids appears to have moved much farther inland than the intro shows.  How does that work ?

As mentioned upthread, Jamie carving her way out of the snake was basically a replay of the first Sharknado.  Only from a cloaked snake.  And they get their hybrid spinal fluid.

But wait, there's more -- they toss Clem in the tank to buy them more time so the baby won't die from antibodies, blah, blah, blah.

Can they stop with teh Abe and Dariella drama.  It really brings down this show -- and they're banging on the Airbus.

Sam Morgan has a hybrid egg -- is it a cloaking anaconda egg ?  Or a hybrid condor egg ?  Or something completely new.

Jamie confronts Mitch about his winter soldiering as Mr. Duncan, after Sam IDs Mitch's trademark chemical signature in a sample from the Shepherds, and Mitch tranqs her.

Jackson confronts the wrong Sam Parker in PITTSBURGH, and Abigail guns wrong Sam Parker down and gets the drop on Jackson.

So where did Abendegos ....  go (or is that gos)  ?

4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

the baby's blood is somehow mixing with Clem's blood (that doesn't seem right)

Well, if you mean it seems odd that there would be a medical fact sprinkled in with weightless invisible giant snakes, yes, that seems odd.

4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Why is there an abandoned ferris wheel in Tarapoto, Peru ?

Another Sharknado nod.

• Love 1