Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E20: Power of Veto #6

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

First people were saying Paul would get taken care of after his 3 weeks of safety was over (I was one of them), now it's - "after Cody/Jess are gone".

I said the same thing, although I didn't mean the very *second* his 3 weeks were up. There have only been 2 evictions since his safety wore off and having Cody return definitely stalled any thoughts anyone might have had about booting Paul. When Cody came back, it was like the game reset and they had to start all over with trying to break up Jessica/Cody.  I feel like nothing else interesting is going to happen until Jessica and Cody are both gone, then the rest of them will have to start cannibalizing each other and the real fun begins.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GalvDuck said:

Yeah, I thought about that the other night.  I remember how they told the houseguests in Season 2 about the WTC/Pentagon attacks on 9/11.  

I think if anything major happens, they'll evacuate them.  That said, we and our allies will likely blast any NK missiles out of the sky before they even get close to us.  KJU would be nuts to try anything.  There's no way they could survive and defeat us.  

Of course if the House does catch an errant 10-megaton care package, that would at least address the ant problem once and for all....

Edited by Nashville
Too many 'for's. :P
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It will be interesting to see how he fares without his gal. Jess seemed to fade into the background and be okay without Cody. I think she has a better head for the game and CAN play a better social game, if she wants to. I just don't think Cody is even capable. 

I agree that Cody w/o Jess is much more likely to be a one week experience that Jess w/o Cody. This is why I've been wondering if the didn't work their whole situation backwards. Not re-debating how they went about it so assuming they HAD to do the 'one wins one throws' approach I think they should have had Jess get safety and give Cody the chance to play veto. He has that (not at all healthy) tunnel vision of hatred for the rest of the house that would have probably helped him breeze through that veto while Jessica stumbled. Jess has a better chance than Cody in the house alone. Those chances may be slim and none but you've got to make do with what you've got and I think they arranged it backwards.

• Love 2

I still loathe Paul, but I grudgingly have to admit he's playing well.  My major disappointed is Alex.  I thought she's be strong and independent but she's the worst of them all.

I guess I'd like Kevin to win.  I think he's playing things pretty well.  I don't think he's a total Paul minion but knows until they start cannibalizing the group, there's no place to do anything now.  But he's street smart.  He should have a good read on things, I hope.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I agree that Cody w/o Jess is much more likely to be a one week experience that Jess w/o Cody. This is why I've been wondering if the didn't work their whole situation backwards. Not re-debating how they went about it so assuming they HAD to do the 'one wins one throws' approach I think they should have had Jess get safety and give Cody the chance to play veto. He has that (not at all healthy) tunnel vision of hatred for the rest of the house that would have probably helped him breeze through that veto while Jessica stumbled. Jess has a better chance than Cody in the house alone. Those chances may be slim and none but you've got to make do with what you've got and I think they arranged it backwards.

I don't think Jessica and Cody really had a choice.  Cody is a comp beast; he regularly has an extremely good shot at winning any comp in which he participates, especially if there's a physical component.  The same could not be said of Jessica, at least not in this instance; IIRC she's only won two comps - the Wall and the Plate, both endurance - and they knew going in this wasn't going to be an endurance comp.  

Sometimes you just have to work with what ya got, so they chose a route which played to both of their strengths.  Would've been a pretty good plan, too, if Christmas' Ring of Replacement hadn't come into play.

Edited by Nashville
of, not if
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Cody is a comp beast; he regularly has an extremely good shot at winning any comp in which he participates, especially if there's a physical component.  The same could not be said of Jessica

Yeah I mean they were screwed whatever the did really... and I was just focusing on who would have the best slim chance in the house going forward. Knowing what we know now about the two comps Jess had zero chance in the Temptation comp. She didn't do great in the Veto so that was why I started thinking about if he'd played that one instead.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah I mean they were screwed whatever the did really... and I was just focusing on who would have the best slim chance in the house going forward. Knowing what we know now about the two comps Jess had zero chance in the Temptation comp. She didn't do great in the Veto so that was why I started thinking about if he'd played that one instead.

Oh, I'm reasonably sure that given the chance, Cody would've torn OTEV a new O.  

33 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I don't think Jessica and Cody really had a choice.  Cody is a comp beast; he regularly has an extremely good shot at winning any comp in which he participates, especially if there's a physical component.  The same could not be said of Jessica, at least not in this instance; IIRC she's only won two comps - the Wall and the Plate, both endurance - and they knew going in this wasn't going to be an endurance comp.  

Sometimes you just have to work with what ya got, so they chose a route which played to both of their strengths.  Would've been a pretty good plan, too, if Christmas' Ring if Replacement hadn't come into play

Agreed. Jessica really only seems to excel at endurance. Also, she was legit scared of that haunted house. Sure, she planned to stand back and throw it anyhow. But I don't think she would have had a super fast time if she'd given it a shot. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Haha Cody! Your tears taste like candy! They should put up the #VictimNoises hashtag every time he bitches and moans and cries. I honestly thought Cody was dragging Jessica down but, nope, she's equally bad at this game. Every time someone extends an olive branch, she cranks the bitchiness up to 1000. The two of them have absolutely no clue how to play Big Brother.

Are cannoli and meatball supposed to be insults? Italian insults are delicious!

This.  Exactly.  

Jessica has had every opportunity to unleash herself from that dolt, and perhaps (PERHAPS) even muster up an ally or two for when the group is forced to start culling from within.  Even had his blessing to cut him loose for her game (one of the few smart things he's done).  

• Love 2

One of the things I enjoy the most about this week?  The notion of Cody's and Jessica's reactions if/when they watch this week's episodes and realize Josh's repeated attempts to communicate with them were actually Josh's attempts to extend an olive branch and rescue Jessica - in response to which they repeatedly kept snatching his peace offering from his hands and shredding it with their snark.  Jessica and Cody keep moaning and wailing about being separated, but they went out of their way to destroy what may well have been their last best chance to stay together.  Their garmonbozia keeps me strong.

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 5

Yeah, everyone says that Cody is blowing up Jessica's game, but the reverse is also true.  It is a toxic combination.

I think that Jessica offers a big distraction for Cody.  He's so obsessed with "protecting" her that it has skewed his game.  It will be interesting to see if he continues to hold a grudge, or if once Jessica is gone he can start playing for himself.  He may not be capable of playing for himself, but we'll find out.  With the exception of putting Christmas up in place of Paul in his HoH, everything else he's done with his game has involved Jessica--good or bad.

If Paul hadn't had the magical Amulet of Ass Protection, this would be a very, very different game right now.  Probably a more interesting game as well.  Or, more likely, the other BB standard game of the inevitable Bro alliance allowing the pretty girls to ride coattails until they cut 'em loose at the end eliminating the not!Bro contingent one by one.  It would probably be Cody-Matt-Mark with Jessica, Raven and Elana picking off the rest of the house, with Christmas, Kevin, and Jason floating.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Yeah, everyone says that Cody is blowing up Jessica's game, but the reverse is also true.  It is a toxic combination.

I think that Jessica offers a big distraction for Cody.  He's so obsessed with "protecting" her that it has skewed his game.  It will be interesting to see if he continues to hold a grudge, or if once Jessica is gone he can start playing for himself.  He may not be capable of playing for himself, but we'll find out.  With the exception of putting Christmas up in place of Paul in his HoH, everything else he's done with his game has involved Jessica--good or bad.

Even now, Jessica will continue to color Cody's game for its remainder.  Too bad: a BB season with a Jessica-free Cody might have been very interesting indeed.

41 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

If Paul hadn't had the magical Amulet of Ass Protection, this would be a very, very different game right now.  Probably a more interesting game as well.  Or, more likely, the other BB standard game of the inevitable Bro alliance allowing the pretty girls to ride coattails until they cut 'em loose at the end eliminating the not!Bro contingent one by one.  It would probably be Cody-Matt-Mark with Jessica, Raven and Elana picking off the rest of the house, with Christmas, Kevin, and Jason floating.

Yeah, you could almost see the eviction pattern: Paul - Alex - Christmas - Jason - Josh - Ramses...

Hmmm... here's a bit of Matrix-level mindfuckery for you....

If Paul had been backdoored as planned under Cody's first HoH, would Christmas still have broken her foot?  ;>

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

If Paul had been backdoored as planned under Cody's first HoH, would Christmas still have broken her foot?  ;>

Talk about two ripple-effect changes... *wonders* and I add in then would Alex have become a force given no Paul to brainwash her into going away from her game and playing his?