Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: Respect Earned

• Start Topic

Not used to seeing Zack smack talk a crew member like that. Usually that was nick's job.

It oddly and kinda perfectly juxtaposed with wild bill's stuff. Hmmmmm

There may or may not have been some hysterical laughter when the cameras kept jumping to all the bright yellow "attitude makes the difference" bumper stickers plastered on absolutely everything. 

Kinda wish edgar would have just left to go fishing or sig could have told him to go ahead. 

How many more episodes do we have this season? I just want this season to be over with.

• Love 1

Interesting real-life drama showing how a REAL man (Sean) stands up for a crewman, and points out that Zack was behaving no better than his bully of a father.  You could tell Zack was NOT happy about being called out, but he thought about it and again - like a MAN - admitted his behavior was wrong and apologized to his captain and the crewman that he was bullying.  Good for all involved.

Good to see Sig without a cigarette.  Hope it continues.

• Love 7

Maybe I am getting cynical in my middle ageness.  But I am wondering if that drama on Sean's ship was manufactured.  I mean, it pretty much seemed to come out of nowhere.  Yes, cod fishing is a grind.  And missing a crewman during said grind has got to be a bit frustrating.

But as was mentioned earlier, it usually isn't Zack that's talking smack.  Usually that is Nick's department.  So it makes me wonder since things were going so well on Sean's boat that they decided to spice things up a bit and have some sort of drama on there for a change.  Especially since the Northwestern was pretty much parked during the entire episode.  And no Wizard or Time Bandit.  Or Saga (which probably is a good thing!)  Very little footage too from Wild Bill's vessel too.

In the event this wasn't some kind of made up drama, good on Zack for realizing he was a jerk and apologizing.  Great to see Sean standing up for his crewman too. 

• Love 1

I am surprised to see such a level of maturity and quiet self confidence in someone as young as Sean.  He has a clear vision of the type of operation he wants to run, and calmly goes about making it happen.  I was also impressed with Zach's ability to reflect and self correct; I hope he can appreciate that his Dad's way isn't the only way, and that this is a chance to work in a less toxic environment.

Sig dodged another bullet.  His wife must be sick with worry about him.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, brgjoe said:

Maybe I am getting cynical in my middle ageness.  But I am wondering if that drama on Sean's ship was manufactured.  I mean, it pretty much seemed to come out of nowhere.  Yes, cod fishing is a grind.  And missing a crewman during said grind has got to be a bit frustrating.

But as was mentioned earlier, it usually isn't Zack that's talking smack.  Usually that is Nick's department.  So it makes me wonder since things were going so well on Sean's boat that they decided to spice things up a bit and have some sort of drama on there for a change.

This is what i thought too. It seemed so out of nowhere. And he easily apologized like it was nothing too. 

• Love 1

I now officially have a crush on Sean. If you don't behave on the rainbows and unicorns boat he'll come out and talk to you like it's an afterschool special. And then you'll feel bad. You'll feel worse than you did when you were on your dad's boat and your dad was the meanest man ever on a boat. I wonder who Wild Bill pissed off to get that treatment last night. And wasn't it amazing that we could hear Zack's thoughts?  And they were the words of his mean daddy?     

In all seriousness, I loved the zen of Sean:  if you have the opportunity to break the mold - do it.

• Love 3

If you don't behave on the rainbows and unicorns boat he'll come out and talk to you like it's an afterschool special.

I'm kind of glad that Discovery didn't do The Bait this year because I think the other captains might have given Sean grief over his Danny Tanner-esque lecture, responding with how a real captain would either not step in or handle it by hollering so loudly that the residents of Dutch could hear him. Being a leader isn't always about screaming how you're the leader, but acting like the leader. Sean did the latter. 

• Love 4

IF the situation on the Brenna A was scripted or staged, it's still a welcome change from the usual foul-mouthed, screaming, and swinging at each other we've seen too much of in "reality" shows.  Better to model a productive way of dealing with disagreements.

• Love 4