Type keyword(s) to search

Australian Survivor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Loving it so far! David is just genius at this game. Sia should give him some money just for entertaining us. "Gold, Jerri, Gold." and "You shall not pass." He reminds me of some guy friends who always have a tv/movie quote ready for any situation. 

He and Matt could ride their secret alliance all the way to the end, if they keep it going after the merge. 

Kind of dumb for them to completely exhaust Locke's strength trying to win a cup of coffee when the immunity challenge was coming up. 

Is it dropping to two episodes a week now? 

Totally agree that was brilliant play. Can't help loving watching David play as he is clearly loving it and he understands the game so well.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2020 at 3:05 PM, TVbitch said:

Loving it so far! David is just genius at this game. Sia should give him some money just for entertaining us. "Gold, Jerri, Gold." and "You shall not pass." He reminds me of some guy friends who always have a tv/movie quote ready for any situation. 

He and Matt could ride their secret alliance all the way to the end, if they keep it going after the merge. 

Kind of dumb for them to completely exhaust Locke's strength trying to win a cup of coffee when the immunity challenge was coming up. 

Is it dropping to two episodes a week now? 

I liked his whole line about being part of the younger group even though he is 39.  David might be the most likable villain in Survivor history.

In regards to the whole mole thing, if people start to suspect him he should blame AK for being the mole.  Nobody would believe AK was not the mole.

I did not get the vote during the last episode.  Why did John vote for Henry?  I still seems like John does not understand that aspect of the game.  When the votes were read I initially thought Shonee (Who always seems to have a smile on her face), Harry, and Nick voted for Henry.

Well out of the three only Shonee did end up voting for him.  It was so strange.

Also, now that three votes have been dropped on him Henry is going to go nuts and tear the island apart looking for an Idol.  You would think that they would not want to clue him in that he is the next potential target.  Especially with the way he plays.

I am going to pick Flick as the winner for this season.  Not sure why but I just got that feeling.  Granted I got that feeling about Lauren during last season of American Survivor and I was wrong but she did make it to the final four.  So I guess that was something.

Also, Phoebe looked cute when she did the confessional with her glasses on.  Yes I have a weird thing for cute women who wear glasses.😏

• Love 2

--SPOILER ALERT FOR SECOND EPISODE THIS WEEK--

Boy did Henry blow it! First he just plain and simple upset the apple cart too soon. And he knew it. If he had calmed down a bit he and Nick could have probably gone far. Not to mention he had Matt on the other side owing him a huge favor.

Then he goes for the fake idol at trible which forced Shonnee to play hers. He should really have trusted that tribe was clearly concerned about staying strong. 

• Love 1

I really do not get Nick's game plan.  What was the point of turning on Zach?  Zach being part of his alliance would have given him the majority.  But he's all like, "Nah I would much rather throw him under the bus and still be in the minority."  He wanted to get rid of Henry because of Henry's erratic game play, yet I would argue his is just as bad if not worst.

• Love 2

I thought that was stupid too, @BK1978, but then learned that Harry is on Survivor's Reddit forum, and Harry says Nick did that cuz 5 minutes before tribal Sharn backed out of the deal to vote John and went back to voting Shonee out. So Nick was scrambling with the new "vote Zach" plan in another last ditch effort to save Shonee. They did not show this in the edit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, TVbitch said:

I hope Nick doesn't end up taking out David. 😱 

Me as well, I am just not a fan of Nick.  I cannot pinpoint why he bugs me, maybe because I would probably be a lot like him if I played the game, but he just annoys me.

I know I said my pick was Flick to win, but I am starting to think Shonee might be the winner.  The editing seems to really focus on her a lot.  What I mean is even when she is not important to what is going on in a scene the camera will focus in on her.  I notice there were a couple of challenges where that happened and there were a couple of camp conversations where that has happened.

Which, you know she is a beautiful woman but it really seems like they are focusing on her too much for it not be be important later on.

• Love 1

Glad John went. He never really deserved to be an all-star. He doesn't really play, he just goes along with those that are playing. 

What the hell with Moana's obsession with David?! I mean, I can't judge cuz I am kind of obsessed with him too, but she seems really fixated. And why on earth would she trust any kind of alliance with him? Sounds like she has thought out this plan a lot though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Glad John went. He never really deserved to be an all-star. He doesn't really play, he just goes along with those that are playing. 

What the hell with Moana's obsession with David?! I mean, I can't judge cuz I am kind of obsessed with him too, but she seems really fixated. And why on earth would she trust any kind of alliance with him? Sounds like she has thought out this plan a lot though.

Well basically she wants to take the place of Phoebe.

Phoebe, I don't really understand why she says she's allied with David and yet she betrays him to Nick. 

• Love 2

I’ve got to give it to Mat. He fought hard this whole season and survived three straight tribal councils on a bad swapped tribe situation for him.

I’m very worried for Phoebe, given the previews for next episode.

• Love 2
On 2/24/2020 at 9:23 PM, jsm1125 said:

I’ve got to give it to Mat. He fought hard this whole season and survived three straight tribal councils on a bad swapped tribe situation for him.

I’m very worried for Phoebe, given the previews for next episode.

I wanted to see Mat go further but there was not really much he could do. 

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Wow. Dave is outdoing himself. What a rapscallion. I was delighting in his devilry. Poor Pheebs. Can't believe she didn't out him for "stealing" her idol!

I think David might be becoming my all-time favorite Survivor (Counting both US and Aussie versions).  It is clear he does not take himself seriously and is have fun playing the game.  I feel like he is what Tyson would like to be on the American version but he does not have the certain X-factor to pull it off.

Jacqui can go at anytime now.  She really annoyed me off when she said out loud something along the lines of, "See you Phoebe.", when Jonathan was reading the votes.  This was before when the first vote was happening.

It just seemed so tacky and unnecessary.

• Love 2

Dave reminds me of "peak" Tyson too. Only more gleeful.

Tyson was delightful during his first season with his biting wit and sarcasm, then seemed to lose his personalty for his next season, like he was depressed or something. He cracked me as the "Coach Whisperer". I hope he brings his sparkle this seasonon US. I can't tell yet.  

• Love 1

Well I guess I was wrong about Flick being the winner.  Oh well I am fully behind Shonee winning now.

I do have to say one thing I really enjoy about an All-Star season, is when there are players (Like Michelle for instance) who were major players in their first season and then they come back and they do not do much.  Or players like Mo who was not much of a factor in her original season and is now seemingly running her tribe.

• Love 1

Harry finding that advantage looked very artificial, in the open and the cameraman pointing at it.  I'm glad it helped Shonee, but it definitely sealed Flick's fate.  Although, as usual, the edit doesn't really show everything it looks like Harry was on his way out until he found that advantage.  Most likely he told AK about it, AK got the vote changed at the last minute according to Flick, and then they staged that scene at tribal.

Edited by amazingracefan

The voting out of Nick was rather lackluster.  I was not  a huge fan of Nick this time around but part of me wanted to see his plan work, just so it would fuck with the game a little.

• Love 1

Nick was dead man walking. 

Locky is pretty obtuse. Didn't even occur to him he might be being played. Then after the vote (and in Ponderosa), he had no idea what happened. Kept wondering if Brooke turned on him. 

I'm glad the 7 stuck together and didn't fall for Locky's whole "just going with loyalty cuz you have the numbers is boring and I won't vote for you" speech. You WILL vote for one of them dude, and you would do the same thing if YOU had the numbers. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Nick was dead man walking. 

Locky is pretty obtuse. Didn't even occur to him he might be being played. Then after the vote (and in Ponderosa), he had no idea what happened. Kept wondering if Brooke turned on him. 

I'm glad the 7 stuck together and didn't fall for Locky's whole "just going with loyalty cuz you have the numbers is boring and I won't vote for you" speech. You WILL vote for one of them dude, and you would do the same thing if YOU had the numbers. 

I was thinking the exact same thing.  If two or three of them make it to the finals he has no choice but to vote for one of them.  I Locky really that stupid?

It is weird but I was a fan of his during his first season and now not so much. 

Also, even if David and Zach's did vote with Locky and company.  Did he not think he would be the target?  I know they said AK, but even still if we are being honest who is the bigger threat?

Out of that five I would say AK would be the smallest threat.  Locky, Brooke, and Shonee should be the primary targets.  Locky for his challenge strength, Brooke for her social game and challenge strength, and Shonee for her killer social game.  Looking at what I just wrote I probably would have went after Brooke but really any of those three are a good target.

I still think somehow Shonee is going to be the eventual winner.  I will keep on saying it until she is eliminated or actually wins. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I know they are trying to keep it exciting with the red herrings, but I didn't think Zach or, um, forget his name, are dumb enough to break their alliance at this point. Why Harry? So they can come be on the bottom of your new majority alliance while alienating the one they could easily ride into the top 7. Their own alliance will want to use them as swing votes at some point, so they are all good!

The 7 really must ride it to top 7, since they NEED to get all of the other tribe onto the jury or whoever is left will win. I hope they have all figured that out, cuz I want Dave to win! 

He won't though, cuz he will be the first in-alliance target. He can maybe get to top 5 with his idols, but he would have to win consecutive immunities after that. 

Call me crazy but Dirty Harry is WAY more impressed with his legacy than I am. I barely remember what he did this season. Meanwhile, Locky's at Ponderosa STILL trying to figure out what happened. : D

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I know they are trying to keep it exciting with the red herrings, but I didn't think Zach or, um, forget his name, are dumb enough to break their alliance at this point. Why Harry? So they can come be on the bottom of your new majority alliance while alienating the one they could easily ride into the top 7. Their own alliance will want to use them as swing votes at some point, so they are all good!

The 7 really must ride it to top 7, since they NEED to get all of the other tribe onto the jury or whoever is left will win. I hope they have all figured that out, cuz I want Dave to win! 

He won't though, cuz he will be the first in-alliance target. He can maybe get to top 5 with his idols, but he would have to win consecutive immunities after that. 

Call me crazy but Dirty Harry is WAY more impressed with his legacy than I am. I barely remember what he did this season. Meanwhile, Locky's at Ponderosa STILL trying to figure out what happened. : D

Do you watch American Big Brother?  I do not recall seeing you post there.  Anyway if you don't then, there was this guy on two seasons ago named Fessy.  Each week the major alliance would tell him one thing and then vote another way.  After every vote he would walk around for hours trying to suss out, "Who flipped."  This happened for multiple votes in a row and the dude was always trying to figure out, "Who flipped."  I guess Locky is officially at Fessy's level of idiocy.

I wonder what was up with them crying in the clip for Monday's show.

I knew not getting rid of Brook was going to sort of come back and bite them on their asses.  She is very good at challenges and a lot of these post-merge challenges tend to favor smaller women such as herself. 

I want Dave win as well and so I find myself hoping his plans work out. 

I wonder if Sharn or Lee know about Dave's longevity plan.  If so then they might be both screwed because they were both finalist in their respective seasons and if Dave wants that record they are both going to have to go.

• Love 2

I don't watch any Big Brothers, but your analogy is apt. 

Brooke should not be a problem if they just stick to the plan. I hope none of them are stupid enough to give her an inroad. She (or any of the remaining on that tribe) will easily win if they get to the final. 

• Love 1

I hated to see what happened to Lee.

I am not in favor of the whole vote six out and five will be coming back.  This version tends to go overboard with the non-elimination episodes. 

How can anyone not like Shonee?  She is so damn charming and always has a smile on her face.   If she makes it to the finals she will be tough to beat.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I hated to see what happened to Lee.

I am not in favor of the whole vote six out and five will be coming back.  This version tends to go overboard with the non-elimination episodes. 

How can anyone not like Shonee?  She is so damn charming and always has a smile on her face.   If she makes it to the finals she will be tough to beat.

I agree and to be honest I think only David and Moana have played a better game. I doubt Mo would beat her - maybe David would.

• Love 2

Sharn, Sharn, Sharn. She just doesn't learn. Really? She's gonna go after Dave and incur his wrath just to send him to exile where there is only 1 in 6 shot he leaves the game.

Another smart move by Dave, manipulating Zach. I swear, if Dave makes it to the final and they don't vote for him, I will be outraged! 

Having said that, if Shonee masterminds and pulls off an upset, I am okay with her winning the whole thing. I notice she mewls and squeals a lot. I think that makes her seem harmless, like a cute little kitten. But she is very smart, as she proved again at Ep. 17 tribal.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Sharn, Sharn, Sharn. She just doesn't learn. Really? She's gonna go after Dave and incur his wrath just to send him to exile where there is only 1 in 6 shot he leaves the game.

Another smart move by Dave, manipulating Zach. I swear, if Dave makes it to the final and they don't vote for him, I will be outraged! 

Having said that, if Shonee masterminds and pulls off an upset, I am okay with her winning the whole thing. I notice she mewls and squeals a lot. I think that makes her seem harmless, like a cute little kitten. But she is very smart, as she proved again at Ep. 17 tribal.

See this is why I don't think I would ever be good on this show.  There is no way I would have had such a good read on Zach to think he would be dumb enough to want to go to Exile just to prove his worth or that he is a hero.  The only one I could see that working on would be Rupert from American Survivor.

I have picked up that with Shonee as well.  I do find that to be cute and I love how she always has a smile on her face.  Sadly if I was out there I would probably be putty in her hands.  It is not even that she is good looking, because she is, but it is more her personality.  I find her charming and I am just watching a heavily edited version of her.  Some people just have that intangible it factor, I would say David has it as well. 

I wonder why Sharn backed down.  I mean I am a fan of David and I want to see him win, but he is arrogant (or at least he comes across that way) and he did not bother to play his Idol.  I did not see the vote breakdown but if her and Jacqui put their votes on him he could have ended up on exile.

Jacqui can go at anytime now.  I just find her to be very rude.  There have been multiple times where she has made snide remarks to people's faces.  Almost as if she was lording her status in the game over them.

• Love 2

Yes I am also ready for Jacqui to go and also Moana.  Mo deserves to go just for not ever having even touched a flint.  Imo everyone who goes on Survivor should make an effort to learn how to make fire.  And she seemed to be proud of it.  Also it wasn't your dad who helped you it was your alliance.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Nozycat said:

Yes I am also ready for Jacqui to go and also Moana.  Mo deserves to go just for not ever having even touched a flint.  Imo everyone who goes on Survivor should make an effort to learn how to make fire.  And she seemed to be proud of it.  Also it wasn't your dad who helped you it was your alliance.

Yeah what is up with that?  How could she have played in two seasons and never touched a flint?

She was gone rather early during her first season, so I guess that is understandable.  But the minute she knew she was going to be on All-Stars she should have learned.

Got to laugh at Zach's "baller" move.  Though I have to say I actually did not dislike him this season.  I had a funny feeling that he was going to be the one who went the minute he volunteered to go.  The way they kept of playing it up, you could see it coming.

Also, I am not sure if anyone knows this or not but Jacqui is a fifty-two year old woman.  I know shocking right.

One other minor annoyance for me is when they keep on saying that there are three Vakama left.  True there are three nu-Vakama left but there are actually six original Vakama left. 

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 2

Yes, Mo was SOOOO impressed with herself that she made a fire without ever touching flint before. I was like, seriously?! They already had a firemaking challenge at one tribal and you STILL haven't even given it a go?! I don't see that she has actually done much of anything, except make herself useful to David. They keep emphasizing how she is doing this for her FAMILY. Sorry, but I don't care. I hate the sob story winners.

Oh dear, if Sharn goes to the other side, David, Mo and Tarzan are out to dry. That would probably be her best move since she's already pissed off David. He better dust off those idols. If he can only play them up till 5, now is the time! I hope he does an epic blindside with the second one no one knows about!  

• Love 2

David is starting to play sloppy.  He should have given the Idol to Moana and avoided that whole nonsense.  Why on earth would he think they would target Tarzan?  Hell out of the four I would think Tarzan would be the least likely to be targeted.  

I also think it was dumb to get rid of Jacqui.  Granted I was beyond thrilled to see her go, because I find her to be very petty, but they should have gone for a bigger threat in Shonee or Brooke.  Nobody seemed to like Jacqui.  But Shonee has the killer social game and Brooke is always going to be a physical threat.  Why leave either one of them in the game?

I mean it is not like Jacqui would have much room to move if she remained in the game anyway.  Getting rid of her for revenge was a dumb move and I think it is going to come back and bite David, Tarzan, and Moana in the ass.

• Love 2

There must be intel that they don't show us, can I also could not figure out why Dave thought Tarzan was in danger, unless he just thought the others would target the least likely person of his alliance knowing he had an idol.

Wow, on the 2nd episode this week, Dave really had balls of steel not to play his idol. Why does he trust Sharn when she has more than once betrayed them AND Tarzan outed her for trying to get him to vote Mo last episode! Again, I think there must be info we are not shown. 

At least Tarzan is not as obtuse as I thought he was. 

Well, with Shonee gone, I am all in for Dave. Why on earth does Sharn think she stands a chance against him? I will be seriously bummed if anyone else wins. Her play is dumb. She has now alienated a bunch of jury votes that she did not need to alienate. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

There must be intel that they don't show us, can I also could not figure out why Dave thought Tarzan was in danger, unless he just thought the others would target the least likely person of his alliance knowing he had an idol.

Wow, on the 2nd episode this week, Dave really had balls of steel not to play his idol. Why does he trust Sharn when she has more than once betrayed them AND Tarzan outed her for trying to get him to vote Mo last episode! Again, I think there must be info we are not shown. 

At least Tarzan is not as obtuse as I thought he was. 

Well, with Shonee gone, I am all in for Dave. Why on earth does Sharn think she stands a chance against him? I will be seriously bummed if anyone else wins. Her play is dumb. She has now alienated a bunch of jury votes that she did not need to alienate. 

I think I have too much invested in a David win.  When he did not play the Idol I found myself saying to my television out loud, "You idiot!"

I was in the same camp as you, I thought Tarzan did not know what was going on.  Maybe I am confusing him with the American Tarzan...

I would not be overly upset with anyone left winning with the exception of AK.  I mean David is who I want to win but I think Moana, Tarzan, Brooke, and Sharn have each done something to where it would not offend me if they won.

• Love 1

At Jury Villa AK had a letter waiting for him, instead of him calling home like everyone else. I wonder why?

I think Sharn has pissed off too many jurors with her flip-flopping and false promises to win. For me, Tarzan really only out-lasted. Brooke out-lasted and out-played. Moana has out-lasted and done a bit of out-witting. David has excelled at all three.  

Totally sucks that there will be no live reunion. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

At Jury Villa AK had a letter waiting for him, instead of him calling home like everyone else. I wonder why?

I think Sharn has pissed off too many jurors with her flip-flopping and false promises to win. For me, Tarzan really only out-lasted. Brooke out-lasted and out-played. Moana has out-lasted and done a bit of out-witting. David has excelled at all three.  

Totally sucks that there will be no live reunion. 

Tarzan would have a very tough time trying to say what he has done.  He's been a loyal soldier and has made the same moves as David and Moana , for the most part, but perception is reality in Survivor and you are right he will only be viewed as out-lasting.  I think Moana might have that happen to her as well because she has played the game in the shadows. 

Have they ever done a live reunion?  If so I have never watched any of them.

4 hours ago, Nozycat said:

I already disliked Jackqui but even more so after her jury villa.  She seems so up herself.

Did you know she's 50 something years old? Oh man if I heard her say that one more time, well I would do nothing but I would be highly annoyed.

What is she doing at the villa.  I have not watched any of those videos yet, I'll have to look them up on YouTube.

• Love 3

The thing annoying me about the Jury Villa, and especially listening to Locky there is that they keep talking about wanting to reward someone who makes BIG MOVES. But they seem to only consider blindsiding your own alliance a big move. It's like they are still bitter that no one would work with them. ...except Jacquie and look what happened to her! 

David teaming up with Matt, convincing Zach to go to exile, and holding onto his idol when he didn't trust Sharn were also big moves. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Did you know she's 50 something years old? Oh man if I heard her say that one more time, well I would do nothing but I would be highly annoyed.

What is she doing at the villa.  I have not watched any of those videos yet, I'll have to look them up on YouTube.

More of being over 50 and being really stuck up, don't like her attitude.

• LOL 1
On 3/20/2020 at 9:52 AM, TVbitch said:

The thing annoying me about the Jury Villa, and especially listening to Locky there is that they keep talking about wanting to reward someone who makes BIG MOVES. But they seem to only consider blindsiding your own alliance a big move. It's like they are still bitter that no one would work with them. ...except Jacquie and look what happened to her! 

David teaming up with Matt, convincing Zach to go to exile, and holding onto his idol when he didn't trust Sharn were also big moves. 

That happens a lot on American Big Brother (Where a dominate alliance controls the game more often than not).  I think they are upset that they have been outplayed.  You would think that Locky would see getting him out was a big move. 

• Love 2

I wonder why Mo is so bad at challenges, I thought she was an athlete.

Sad Brooke is gone, would have liked to see her at the end with David.  Hoping for a David win now - which is something I never thought I would say after last season, but like him this one.

• Love 2