Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Feeling Exposed

Why do these women holler so much? Niecy's tone with the artist was unnecessarily rude. I hate when people compare NYC to Atlanta and DC. You don't need a car in NYC (when the subway is actually running) I always saw a car as an inconvenience because parking is impossible.

Kara treats Orlando like he's her child. Doesn't bode well for a May-December romance unless he's into being scolded.

I lived for Kara dressing down MaryJane. I really don't understand why someone hasn't drug her to therapy.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Kara treats Orlando like he's her child. Doesn't bode well for a May-December romance unless he's into being scolded.

Yeah, I noticed this. Also, why is Orlando just hanging around Kara's house? I'm guessing it's the off-season. 

Niecy needs to sit her backwards-hustling ass down. How are you put off by the artist when you're still living off your grandparents? Where are her goals? What happened to getting a cosmetology license? She's so goddamn lazy. 

I did like the artist, though. Hope we do see more of him.

Any one else think that Gabby's makeup was too heavy? Not only that, it was too light in some scenes. Between the garish makeup and the hair, she was looking Miss Swan-ish. 

• Love 5

I'm still waiting for Orlando (thanks for posting his name because I keep forgetting it) to pop off at Kara.  She treats him like he's one of her sons.

5 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Niecy needs to sit her backwards-hustling ass down. How are you put off by the artist when you're still living off your grandparents? Where are her goals? What happened to getting a cosmetology license? She's so goddamn lazy. 

She had some damn nerve, dissing the guy's small apartment.  I know he was eager to have sex, but I was really wishing he would ask her to leave after her remarks. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Yeah, I noticed this. Also, why is Orlando just hanging around Kara's house? I'm guessing it's the off-season. 

Any one else think that Gabby's makeup was too heavy? Not only that, it was too light in some scenes. Between the garish makeup and the hair, she was looking Miss Swan-ish. 

I like Orlando, and he's really into Kara, but I don't know how much longer he's going to stand the way she treats him. 

And yes, Gabrielle's makeup was off for much of this episode, especially in her final scene in her office with Niecy. I know the light was streaming in behind her, but that still shouldn't have made her make-up look so light and plaster-like. And I agree with Kara that MJ is already going around cleaning up Justin's messes. I guess that's her pattern. 

Does Garrett have an opinion about anything? He waits to hear people's pitches, and he goes with the one that impresses him the most. Is that how news shows are run IRL? e.g. with the interior designer homophobe. Garrett should have known up front that he either won't tolerate hate speech from guests on his show, or he wants the show to be multi-faceted and address tough issues. I wish he would just come out and say that he wants to bring in the Trump supporters. All of his decisions lately have been leaning that way. And bruh, you cannot dance. Please stop trying.

Niecy, Niecy, Nicey. I understand her having her guard up around a strange man, but she was down-right rude and abrasive. I have nieces and cousins who are around Niecy's age, and they are the exact same way--almost hostile around guys they're dating, even if they really like them. Not all young black women act this way, of course, but I witness it A LOT. Is this hard-as-nails persona supposed to be a turn-on? And has this always been a thing? My friends and I weren't like that in our early 20s, but maybe we were atypical. 

I didn't find her attitude attractive at all, but NotChrisBrown obviously felt differently. I just hope they used condoms. Niecy doesn't need an STD or HIV. Or another kid. 

• Love 3
On 8/2/2017 at 10:02 AM, Sheenieb said:

THIS! Where did Niecy get off dissing Akili's (I think that was his name; I hope I spelled it correctly) living arrangements? At least he's trying to make it on his own. Apparently Niecy forgot she's living with her grandparents and receiving free babysitting while she sexes it up in NYC. And please no I don't want her to be pregnant.

topanga, I'm wondering the same thing about the 'hard-as-nails' persona. Was this always a thing and I missed it too? I just don't get the point of purpose of thinking or behaving that way.

So Aaron spilled the beans on Mary Jane and Justin...interesting. MJ was so focused on Kara she overlooked and underestimated Aaron.

• Love 3
On 8/2/2017 at 9:02 AM, Sheenieb said:

She is the definition of bum. She is so worthless, lazy and useless, yet has the nerve to criticize and look down upon those that are bettering themselves without their families' assistance.  Niecy is an ungrateful selfish POS, she needs tough love from her enabling family, and Tinder can do better.

• Love 3

Still catching up with this half of the season.  I've always enjoyed Kara as a character, but I'm not feeling how they've changed her back story.  I remember in one of the early seasons she was dating a Latino community leader, and she was embarrassed because she didn't speak Spanish.  I got the impression she didn't date many Latino men, and wasn't heavily involved in the Latino community.  Now it's Papi this and Papi that, yelling about her Mafongo, and fussing at Orlando in Spanish on the phone.

• Love 2