Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: It's Like Ducks In The Forest

• Start Topic

(edited)

Good news: Korey getting the episode title instead of a Giver-boy as well as his and Ivana's skyrocketing comeback from Detour to PitStop. 

Bad news: the hoser guys winning the efficient-drive prize anyhow.

Ugly news: Newfie cousins meeting the same fate as the BC Hippies from the first season rather than the Maritime brothers from the third.

Edited by Kanaloa

Karen and Bert using the express pass on the coffee task was a dumb move. You don't use the pass to get to first place, you use it to jump over a difficult task. The pottery/metal work was much harder than the coffee task by far (unless you're Korey/Ivana). I'm sad that the NFCousins went home. I really enjoyed them and was pulling for it to be a non-elimination leg. I wonder if the girls were more efficient than Give-rs but because they'd been eliminated they didn't qualify? 

• Love 1

You only burn the Express Pass if you're on the last leg that it's valid for, otherwise you hang on to it. Have they never seen this show? The cousins should have used it once it got down to the wire like that.

I was impressed with how quickly Korey and Ivana finished the pottery challenge. 

The hosers were quieter today, thank goodness.

Still no favourite team, and I don't despise anyone yet.

I thought the hosers were as loud as ever. They seem like nice guys so I think that's why I'm giving them a pass on all the shouting. Still, dial it down like 5 notches, please!

I was yelling at my tv for both them and the NFCousins to use their EPs. That's the exact situation they're meant for! Saving it for later won't do you any good if you're in Sequesterville. I was really hoping for a NEL.

• Love 2
(edited)

Another elimination I'm not happy about, too many boring teams still.  These express passes certainly don't last very long, which is good at least I suppose.  It was strange that on the final challenge both teams didn't think very quickly about using the pass.

The tent challenge would have been better if more than just two teams worked alone, all the rest had help it seemed from another team.  Navigation at least will likely mean some team will get brought down by following another one going the wrong way.

The detour was decent, though the pottery one seemed very simple, they didn't even have to have the top even from what we saw.  And I don't think one team member should have been able to do both examples (I assume it was the same for the hook task).

Edited by amazingracefan

Pottery is way more easier than the other detour, you need patience for that and it is enjoyable lol no wonder Korey and Ivana did it the fastest! The couple who used the express pass, they are weak team they thought they would be in the top lol, I want them gone.

Never want to leave an Express Pass un-used when you're at the back. The hosers for all their hoserdom understood that, and knew when they needed to give up on the Detour; the Newfies didn't. (You shouldn't burn an Express Pass on a Route Marker task either, Karen and Bert.)

Good leg, though, even with all the promotional consideration stuff. Nice mix of physical, mental and skill tasks, self-drive and lots of back and forth in the order.)

To be fair, I've never tried blacksmithing. But I have tried throwing pottery, and there's no damn way I'd pick that one. Even people who are genuinely good at it can screw up an as-yet perfect pot soooo easily. Even if the judge wasn't being super picky, I just don't think I'd even attempt it. Kudos to Korey & Ivana, though. I figured the strength required for the blacksmithing would be more up their alley, but apparently they're both pottery-throwing savants.

Also a little sad to see the cousins go with an express pass in their hands. They really should have bitten that bullet when it was down to them and the one other team at the pottery, and no way of knowing whether anyone else was still in the other task. Maybe sooner, but definitely then.

Also agree that Karen and Bert's use of their express pass was unwise. Kind of hilarious, though, how they were so sure they were number 1 as a result of their brilliant little strategic move, but in fact were not even close to number 1.

• Love 1