Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: The Woman Behind the Clothes

Kat finds herself the victim of internet trolling when she stands up for gender inequality. Sutton thinks she may have found her dream job but worries she doesn’t have what it takes to make it work. And Jane pursues a story about a congresswoman but tries to find a different angle to make her voice heard.

Promo:

Wow, I found trying to read all those tweets to be incredibly annoying. I hope they’re aren’t going to keep doing this. I had to keep getting up & walking over to the TV to see what they said.

How many pairs of false eyelashes do they have on Jane? I’m surprised she can keep her eyes open.

• Love 1

How is Lauren "the worst", and going to the special place in hell for the women who don't help other women? In episode 2, she immediately helped Sutton get the ad sales job she wanted, and was just slightly reticent to help her get another job in a different department a week later. That's on Sutton for being so wishy-washy. The worst thing we've ever seen her do is send Sutton out for tons of green juice. And at the end, she was onboard to help her get the fashion job she truly wants. If she's supposed to be the show's Miranda Priestly, they're gonna have to make her a lot colder and harsher. 

I feel like this show is going to drown under its "timely" references. Take out at least half and it would be fine. 

14 hours ago, GaT said:

Wow, I found trying to read all those tweets to be incredibly annoying. I hope they’re aren’t going to keep doing this. I had to keep getting up & walking over to the TV to see what they said.

How many pairs of false eyelashes do they have on Jane? I’m surprised she can keep her eyes open.

Agreed about the tweets. I watch online so it's easier, but yeah, there was a lot of reading involved this episode. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

How is Lauren "the worst", and going to the special place in hell for the women who don't help other women? 

<rant> I can't tell you how much I hate this concept. Every time I hear someone say it I end up gritting my teeth. I don't understand why I'm automatically supposed to support & help other women just because we're both members of the vagina club. You want my support? EARN IT. </rant>

• Love 7

For some reason Kat annoys me. Maybe it was from the first episode where everything was all about her- I don't like friends who make every situation about themselves instead of their friends. She was a little better in this episode, but she should know better about calling people out on twitter. She's in social media so should know about crazy trolls- what was she expecting would happen? 

I only like Jane's storyline because I love her love interest. Sutton continues to be awesome. I'm worried that her coworker (I forgot his name) is going to fall in love with her and she has to break it to him that she's dating one of the board members. 

(edited)

I think Kat accepted the trolls until the topless pictures got out (which, if she posted them in the first place, that's on her) and the violent threats began. And they doxxed her, too. Even if you expect some of it, it has to be unnerving.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
On 7/19/2017 at 3:33 PM, GaT said:

<rant> I can't tell you how much I hate this concept. Every time I hear someone say it I end up gritting my teeth. I don't understand why I'm automatically supposed to support & help other women just because we're both members of the vagina club. You want my support? EARN IT. </rant>

Exactly. After going to bat for a couple of friends to help them get a job and having those friends proceed to make asses of themselves, Im now a lot more picky about who I chose to help.  As I explained to one of them " I spoke up for you and you turned around and made the both of us look bad".  They apologized but I refused to help them again. 

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:43 PM, twoods said:

For some reason Kat annoys me. Maybe it was from the first episode where everything was all about her- I don't like friends who make every situation about themselves instead of their friends.

See, this is how I feel about Jane.  She will literally walk into a room where her friends are talking, and just interrupt their conversation, with her jabbering about herself.  It annoys the crap out of me.

• Love 3

I adore both Sutton and Kat but OMG I just can't with Jane. I wasn't feeling the show for the first ep and a half or so, but though I think Kat can be a bit of an idiot who doesn't quite think things through, Jane is just so self involved. Sutton is hands down my favorite and the one I can most relate to. I appreciate her being torn between a job that will bring her financial security and her dream job and love that she doesn't just assume the world is going to hand her her dream job because she's young and pretty and everything is supposed to go right for her because she's so special! (in other words, she does not have millenialitise). I think Kat does. She thinks everything should work out for her because she's her. Jane is just kind of there. Her whole "OMG I never had an orgasm but look at me I'm turning it into a liberating and inspirational column because this magazine is sooo important to feminism" UGH.

I am more interesting in Suttons story about trying to move up into her dream job while worrying about how hard it is to get into that field and how is she going to then pay her bills and Kat's falling in love with a woman though she has no real sexual interest in women and also learning that posting every thought that pops into your head on social media is maybe not the best idea ever than in whatever Jane's storyline is. (what is her long term storyline? Loosening up? Being more wild? I just don't know. Being taken seriously? Is she supposed to be Ann Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada, looking down at fashion because she wants to be a "serious journalist" while working in a fashion magazine? Is that what she is? I don't really know.)

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 3