Type keyword(s) to search

PODCAST S01.E05 Go Pirates!: You're Veronica Mars. You Know Everything.

• Start Topic

Great podcast ep. I've also bought a ticket on the "Lianne sucks" train. There's absolutely nothing endearing about her character. Unlike Lily, who even if you don't like her all that much, you understand why people were drawn to her and miss her so much in death. But I'll keep going along with the Lianne story line just because she's Veronica's mom. 

I'm surprised John hasn't mentioned Logan's skipping yet. His little hop when he stepped in front of Veronica's car made me laugh.

• Love 1

Had to hunt down my log-in so that I could make the case for P.I. being the perfect career for a Scorpio. They are perceptive and want to know OTHER people's secrets (while keeping their own hidden).

On 7/8/2017 at 8:56 AM, WInterfalls said:

Guys, Troy was so great. That Ashmore is on a SyFy show called Killjoys now, and shocker he's great. Aaron Ashmore is the best Ashmore. Shawn's pretty good too though.

Definitely room in my heart for both Ashmores. Re Killjoys, doesn't he play a buttoned-up gay character?

• Love 1

Waited until I had time to watch this again and had a thought about the Liane storyline, which I think is kind of dumb, but it makes a lot more sense if

Spoiler

Veronica is Jake's daughter and Liane either tries to use this somehow to benefit her family (Liane/Keith/Veronica) in the wake of Keith losing his job. I think I heard somewhere that Rob Thomas was going to have her be Jake's daughter and the network thought it was too dark; in the show you actually never know for sure because she shreds her dna report and Keith doesn't offer proof.

Otherwise why threaten Veronica to get rid of Liane and why now?  also, why didn't Keith go for the safe deposit box?

Really, Dohring should have gone with a swimmer or martial arts workout, he looks much nicer with his head a proportionate size to his upper body. I agree that he is relaxing a lot towards Veronica, and since I think he is bullying her to get her attention, as long as he can get her attention he is fine. She's lucky her pigtails are so short.

I liked the part where she investigates Rebecca and Keith has also investigated Troy, but he doesn't use it until he needs to make a point.

On 7/10/2017 at 0:21 PM, John Potts said:

I really liked the lopsided cake. Baked a few of those myself!

I like that it always leans towards the left because if you rotated it would always be leaning to the right.

57 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Waited until I had time to watch this again and had a thought about the Liane storyline, which I think is kind of dumb, but it makes a lot more sense if

Hide contents

Veronica is Jake's daughter and Liane either tries to use this somehow to benefit her family (Liane/Keith/Veronica) in the wake of Keith losing his job. I think I heard somewhere that Rob Thomas was going to have her be Jake's daughter and the network thought it was too dark; in the show you actually never know for sure because she shreds her dna report and Keith doesn't offer proof.

Otherwise why threaten Veronica to get rid of Liane and why now?  also, why didn't Keith go for the safe deposit box?

I seem to remember Keith holding up a piece of paper (proof) when he tells Veronica. I don't think it was supposed to be ambiguous.

1 hour ago, secnarf said:

I seem to remember Keith holding up a piece of paper (proof) when he tells Veronica. I don't think it was supposed to be ambiguous.

Perhaps you are right, when we catch up to that scene I'll look more carefully. I kind of like the ambiguity, though..... :-(

(edited)

I don't think it was supposed to be ambiguous, either. Keith did a secret DNA test - using hair from her hairbrush, IIRC, not really an option when Veronica did her secret test, heh - and  we see him get the results.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1