Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: A Spirit Here That Won't Be Broken

When it's discovered that The Hollow is using a magical totem to fuel her power, Freya enlists Rebekah and Klaus' help to locate and destroy it. Elsewhere, an ultimatum by The Hollow puts Kol at odds with his own siblings, while an unexpected run-in forces Marcel and Rebekah to confront the growing tension between them. Finally, The Hollow's plan for Hayley leaves her in the fight of her life.

Promo:

So davina comes back and doesn't even mention Marcel.. Who basically put the mikaelsons on ice after they killed her... And was visiting her as well... Smh 

• Love 2

Great episode of pairs.

Rebeckha and Marcel having it out finally.

I loved Davina coming back, Klaus allowing Kol to not be dagger and driving off happily with her.

However, her not getting to see or speak or have a goodbye with Marcel is insane? She wouldn't leave town after coming back to life without at least wanting to talk to him or see him.  Instead it was all about Josh, which was great but a lack of Marcel mention was a glaring omission by the show. They could have at least mentioned his name or have her give a message or say she'll try to see him before they go.

Hayley choosing to have a beer and go "talk" to Jackson instead of waiting for Elijah to wake up and be there is interesting. Wonder what her big epiphany is?

Also really liked Jackson being back in the episode. Being her [Hollow] happy place and her going to talk to him in the end. Interesting that when he started to kill her, he morphed into Elijah. 

Jackson gave a sense of logic to Hayley and Hope does need that too with all the crazy family she's got.  Glad Hayley acknowledged that she wished that he was around for Hope to know him. 

• Love 1

Although I don't love the Kol/Davina pairing, I'm glad that Davina is getting a happily ever after (at least for a little while). She was sacrificed as a harvest girl, thrust into power as the regent, and killed again. She deserves a little bit of happiness and being a normal girl.

As much as I love that she got to see Josh again, I too was disappointed that Marcel didn't even know she had been resurrected before she left town. Despite some of the conflicts they had, he loved her like a daughter so it would have been nice if she'd been able to see him, even if only for a few minutes.

I always felt bad for Jackson because it was obvious that he was crazy about Hayley and totally devoted to her. While she may have grown to love him, she was never in love with him. She knew that he was a nice guy but her love for him seemed barely more than platonic and he knew it, which just made it even sadder.

Hayley choosing to have a beer and go "talk" to Jackson instead of waiting for Elijah to wake up and be there is interesting. Wonder what her big epiphany is?

Since she was talking about how she and the Mikaelsons are all monsters and killers but Hope is the only one who is still innocent and she doesn't want her to lose that, I'm guessing she's going to try to run away with Hope again. We all know how well that will go over with Klaus.

As glad as I am that Kol will finally be happy (for however long), I agree with ya'll that it's strange that Davina did not mention Marcel at all or even try to reach out to him. Once Klaus finds out what Kol did to enable the Hollow to jump into Hope's body, I'm sure Kol and Davina's happiness will not last. Which makes me sad. 

Gotta admit I loved Rebekah's pettiness, not bothering to use Sofya's actual name during her and Marcel's conversation. Heh

• Love 1

The Mikaelsons fell for everyone of the Hollow's tricks, and the Hollow got exactly what it wanted.  It's no wonder that for beings that are almost impossible to kill, these people keep ending up dead.  They are dumber than dirt.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

The Mikaelsons fell for everyone of the Hollow's tricks, and the Hollow got exactly what it wanted.  It's no wonder that for beings that are almost impossible to kill, these people keep ending up dead.  They are dumber than dirt.

Of course. The Mikaelsons are so powerful that the only way they can have anyone threaten them is for the family to be really, really stupid. In particular, Kol should have just gone straight to the Compound with the Totem, told everybody what was going on, asked Hope and Freya to help break the link, then destroyed the Totem and all went to destroy The Hollow, which however powerful she is would have been easy enough with the whole family behind it. The ONLY way the plot of this episode could have worked was for Kol to be an idiot, as impulsive as he is Kol is supposed to be much smarter than that.

Speaking of which, this is what, the tenth time The Hollow has simply walked into a scene and effortlessly manhandled the Mikaelsons? You'd think they'd come up with something to block her magic or at least protect themselves from it. No, their half baked plan is once again to just walk right up to The Hollow with this weapon that can kill her which is about as useful as tissue paper without the ability to actually even so much as touch her with it. Apparently the writers haven't learned their lesson from TVD. Fans hated the Mikaelson family on that show because they were a bunch of boring invincible villains that far outstayed their welcome, and the Hollow is the same. When are writers ever going to learn that if the protagonists don't have a ghost of a chance against a villain it does NOT make for a good story.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2017 at 6:13 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Since she was talking about how she and the Mikaelsons are all monsters and killers but Hope is the only one who is still innocent and she doesn't want her to lose that, I'm guessing she's going to try to run away with Hope again. We all know how well that will go over with Klaus.

I think they're setting it up to send Hope to Mystic Falls to Caroline's school for Peculiar Children. I don't see her taking off again, at least not with Klaus. Unlike last time, they seem to have a mutual respect and he actually defers to her a lot of the time.  She seems to be appreciative of how hard he's been trying to suppress his Klaus-ness for Hope. That, and I don't see Hope being alright with being separated from her father again.

• Love 2

That was a chore to watch.  The actress who was playing the Hollow is just awful.  Sad that a child actor will be doing a better job than an adult.  What should we call her now, Hopellow?