Type keyword(s) to search

Get Shorty - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Heh, Mile's halfway house roommates didn't know who they were messing with. Track learned though. Too late, unfortunately for him.

I'm not going to believe Amara is truly dead until the show lets us see her corpse. I bet she and Rick are faking her death and that's how she'll be able to get back into the US. She'll probably have to make a drastic change to her appearance though.

• Love 3

This is a criminally below the radar show. The dialogue, direction, and acting are terrific, and the writers are willing to take chances with story structure in a way that is really refreshing, compared to the usual t.v. story arcs. They really have captured the spirit and tone of Elmore Leonard, which is high praise.

• Love 3

Of course Amara isn't dead. Of course. I don't know why she's bothering to sneak back into US now, especially the LA area. She'll need to alter her appearance in a major way, probably to include dropping a lot of weight. For sure she won't be able to keep a low profile because her ego is too big. Someone will probably rat her out to the FBI.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2019 at 1:38 PM, khyber said:

Why do they want to send the wife to New York? Was the actress not available for the season?

Here's a deliciously meta tidbit for you: The actress (Sarah Stiles) actually is in Tootsie. I saw her in the company when it previewed in Chicago. She was great.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2019 at 9:49 PM, Milburn Stone said:

Here's a deliciously meta tidbit for you: The actress (Sarah Stiles) actually is in Tootsie. I saw her in the company when it previewed in Chicago. She was great.

That's really funny.

• Love 1

Heh, Rick thought he was finally free of Amara and her drama. Surprise!

I don't know how Amara thinks she's going to do business in LA again. Maybe she's planning to use Yago as her front but she's too egotistical to stay in the background forever. Trying to show out will likely be her undoing.

Ali's a little too old to be cosplaying Gamora, no?

• Love 2

Yago has a nice singing voice.

Amara is delusional if she thinks she can start her business up again in the US, especially in LA. If Rick was smart he'd drop a dime on her to the feds. Or find a way to kill her by poisoning her food.

• Love 1

Also it was previously mentioned that the informant situation was mentioned in the script. If Amara read it wouldn’t she be going crazy?

Maybe in the version Amara read Rick had taken that part out. He got threatened by some guy (who maybe was a fed?) for including that in the manuscript. Rick thought he was okay because he'd changed the names but he got advised otherwise.

ETA: I watched the preview for the next episode and apparently Amara

Spoiler

does read an earlier version of the text where Rick's character is an FBI informant. In the clip Rick says all that was made up. I guess we'll have wait and see how Amara takes it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
On 11/4/2019 at 1:52 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Maybe in the version Amara read Rick had taken that part out. He got threatened by some guy (who maybe was a fed?) for including that in the manuscript. Rick thought he was okay because he'd changed the names but he got advised otherwise.

Don't forget, he's unaware that there's one version of the earlier draft among the reading material in the bathroom of his house! The shot of that in a previous episode made it the equivalent of Chekhov's Gun. (If we see a gun placed on the fireplace mantel in Act One, that gun is going to be used in Act Three.) The fact that we got that closeup all but guarantees that Amara will discover it. 

I hasten to add that I know nothing--I assiduously avoid previews and am grateful that you spoiler-proofed yours.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, khyber said:

Who was the actor in the Tootsie musical? He looked familiar.

Stephen lobo from continuum!

This show is soo funny! I died of laughter when Ed did the yago impression! Of course thats exactly what he did. And the conversation about him having the right shaped head was perfect.

Also when miles was like i think it was about women on the toilet not neccesarily about the shits lol his plan is coming together cant wait to see how it turns out.

• Love 2

Amara is powerless and broke, you can tell by the kid she wants to send to kill a mob boss and the family that she lives with that is getting tired of her.

Am I the only one that was shocked when miles killed that guy? I figured he was setting him up to go to jail for all the crap he did but not to get murdered.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, UnknownK said:

Amara is powerless and broke, you can tell by the kid she wants to send to kill a mob boss and the family that she lives with that is getting tired of her.

We'll see. My take was that Amara is such a scary force of nature that she'll be able to put a gang together all over again. Hey, for all we know, she started out without two pesos to rub together the last time. (I don't remember if we know the story on that, like, did she inherit the operation from an ex-husband or dead husband, or is she entirely self-made? Maybe someone else remembers.) Anyway, your take makes sense, too.

• Love 2

We have free Epix on Comcast until November 21 so we all can catch up with season 3. WOW, so far so good. I love this show. It is perfection and I don't think anybody watches it because it is on Epix. God, it is so funny and nasty to Hollywood, and perfectly cast! 

• Love 4

Miles will have his hands full trying to keep Ali propped up as the new boss. She's really not up for the task. Wonder how many more people he'll have to kill?

The sound proofing must be amazing in Ali's and the other offices, even with all the floor-to-ceiling glass.

So was Rick lowkey encouraging Amara to OD on those pills and be done with it all?

Poor Yago. No good deed goes unpunished when you work for Amara.

Heh, Louis was as happy as a pig in slop when that fight broke out between his guys and the craftsmen on the studio lot.

OMG, did Ed break his peen from that highly enthusiastic sex in that small space?

Well, Rick finally got the job done with Amara even if he didn't overtly intend to. Good riddance.

• Love 1

Naw, Amara LIVES....nothing can kill her and her cha cha boots! I love her. Damn, this show is so terrific. I want more more more, only one episode left. Damn, I never thought Chris O'Dowd was that good looking, but whoa...he is one fine and very sexy and tall drink of water hit man! 💋

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

This web page says a decision hasn't been made yet.

As for me, I thought it was a pretty brilliant episode, because it worked as a season finale, and it worked as a series finale (if that turns out to be the case). As a series finale, here is what it's telling me: You wanted at least some of these folks to live happily ever after? They might--if Miles and his loved ones don't get attacked by the labor boss. And if Amara doesn't seek revenge. And if the cops don't pin Lawrence's murder on Miles. Best case scenario? Miles and everyone remain successful, but Miles never has a moment's security. And there's justice in that. Because--let's not forget--we knew from the first episode that Miles and Louis kill people! Some of them innocent! Does Miles really deserve a pure win? Or even resolution?

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 1

I watched the first season a couple of years ago and just binged through the second and third.  Why didn't this series get more publicity? It's certainly worth it! Great characters and a good cast. I see how the final episode of the third season can serve as a finale to the series, albeit one of those open to interpretation types, but I really want to see more.  

• Love 1