Type keyword(s) to search

S06: Joslyn Fox

• Start Topic

Miss Joslyn is everything. I can't recall going from dislike to love with any contestant this quickly. I was completely and totally unimpressed with her MTQ and her first episode appearance, but she comes across as so genuinely nice. She is absolutely gorgeous too. I would love to see her stick around longer than Courtney. She is in my dream final three. 

I'm pretty sure Joslyn has the most rapidly growing fanbase in Drag Race history. I know Alyssa Edwards went from bugging the hell out of everyone to suddenly winning people over, but Joslyn only needed two or three episodes to go from perhaps the least popular queen to the clear frontrunner for Miss Congeniality. 

She had me at house numbers. I still don't understand how such a stupid, simple moment makes me laugh so much. 

• Love 1

I think she's probably one of the sweetest most adorable girls the show's ever had.

She's a kitten made of glitter. KittenGlitter!

And I agree that she's much smarter than previously thought. What's the saying? It takes brains to play dumb? Plus, I read an interview with her on how she got started (she was a DJ and was lip synching better than the queens on-stage according to the manager) and talked about how her Dad came to see her do drag. So sweet, as shocked as Dad seemed to be he told her "You make a really good looking woman!"

I love reading supportive parent stories.

• Love 2

I really like JF now, especially for her deadpan Theresa, but I always hate it when drag queens feel the need to express their disgust about the female body, specifically, the female set of genitalia. I get it; you don't want to have sex with women. But if you're going to dress up in a parody of women as a way of "expressing yourself" artistically (and sometimes get famous), you could at least be polite about the female body. Disgust about vaginas is misogyny in its purest form.

If you don't know where I'm getting this from, it's from the untucked when JF said "Ew, what if it's a vagina?" about what could be in the mysterious pink box, in the horror movie episode -- as if a vagina is the single grossest thing she could think of. I get it, it was a joke, but it was based in that thing where drag queens feel like they can get away with casual misogyny because they "are women too" or something.

Edited by Nerdlove
  • Love 4

In honor of our fallen Glitter Kitten and her One Necklace to Bind Them, I just had to share this gif, courtesy of the brilliant and lovely Petra at Bland Canyon  (and if posting images is against the rules tell me and I shan't do it again)....

joslynnecklace.gif

• Love 3