Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

I could believe there’s a twist regarding the White Walkers, but a twist that supposedly ties together every scene involving them on the whole show strikes me as implausible.

• Love 1

Not to mention that many of the same fans now claiming that the prophecy says that Dany will die after giving birth use to claim the prophecy said that she would never have a child.

GRRM's early outline said that the five main characters including Jon and Dany and so far they are all still alive.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I could believe there’s a twist regarding the White Walkers, but a twist that supposedly ties together every scene involving them on the whole show strikes me as implausible.

The NK is a zombiefied Rhaegar.  He has slowly been building his corpse army ever since Robert "killed" him at the trident, with the intention of conquering Westeros and taking his place as the rightful king.  He keeps having stare-offs with Jon because he feels a subconscious pull to him, not realising that Jon is his son.  The kicker is that Rhaegar spent his whole life obsessed with TPTWP prophecy, not realsinig that he would ulitimately end up being the great evil who needs to be defeated.  Boom!....I jest.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, SeanC said:

It’s not the number of scenes I was primarily thinking of, it’s the idea that there’s some secret plot thread linking all of them.

I think it could linke them in the same way Hold the door did.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Eyes High said:

The Dragonpit sequence is part of the KL battle in Episode 6 and will ‘blow everyone’s mind’. That’s a direct quote. I told this to u/Enty23 in a PM on May 29th.

I wonder this is Jon riding Rhegael. 

2 hours ago, SeanC said:

I wonder whether it is connected to the WW's being "Ever the artists" tm Mance Rayder; we've been shown the patterns that the COTF created - the cave, stone circles etc but that's all. Never any explanation of what they represent or why the COTF produced such patterns repeatedly. We know that the WW's mimic those patterns over and over but again, we don't know why they do or what the significance is. It feels like there's something we haven't been told yet.

ETA: Notably, this question harkens all the way back to the prologue scene from S1 E1 where Will found the mutilated wildling body parts arranged in a specific pattern.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, WindyNights said:

Eeeeeh. MMD's prophecy states that Daenerys has to bear a living child before she dies so.....yeah.

Anyways....if these are true then the NK blowing up KL itself is pretty lame.

There's nothing interesting about it besides it being a cool CG sequence which isn't really how GRRM writes scenes.

Sure I guess it's possible but I seriously doubt Dany will survive the war and then die in childbirth at the epilogue at the very end.So I'm not too worried about it if the leaks are legit.Tho tbh I never worried much that she'll die in childbirth so I don't take the MMD prophecy to mean that.

• Love 2
(edited)

A word of caution: we still don't know for sure if Boatsexbaby is legit, even if he/she has some real info parts could still be made up or it could be misdirection directed from HBO. With Awayforthelads, his pretty detailed (and early) info was gradually confirmed by info from scenes being shot. We don't have equivalent confirmation, this time.

And IIRC Awayforthelads came up with things that nobody had guessed, whereas those leaks/predictions won't be too shocking after S7 and given the info we already have. It could have been constructed, based on what was already known or at least guessed (like attack of Lannister forces at Winterfell - something that is based on somewhat shaky evidence IIRC, only a low res video/low res pictures).

Edited by Wouter
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Wouter said:

A word of caution: we still don't know for sure if Boatsexbaby is legit, even if he/she has some real info parts could still be made up or it could be misdirection directed from HBO. With Awayforthelads, his pretty detailed (and early) info was gradually confirmed by info from scenes being shot. We don't have equivalent confirmation, this time.

And IIRC Awayforthelads came up with things that nobody had guessed, whereas those leaks/predictions won't be too shocking after S7 and given the info we already have. It could have been constructed, based on what was already known or at least guessed (like attack of Lannister forces at Winterfell - something that is based on somewhat shaky evidence IIRC, only a low res video/low res pictures).

It's true, and taking things with a grain of salt is never a bad idea.

Two things, though 1) It seems that some of those spoilers were shared before/during filming with the FF mods -"during" makes sense if this person got their info from people involved in said filming- and 2) the part about the WW and the NK is quite unexpected.

After 7x05 showed how killing the NK would kill them all, I honestly didn't think the show would treat the WW as anything but a weapon of mass destruction gone awry.

11 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

I wonder whether it is connected to the WW's being "Ever the artists" tm Mance Rayder; we've been shown the patterns that the COTF created - the cave, stone circles etc but that's all. Never any explanation of what they represent or why the COTF produced such patterns repeatedly. We know that the WW's mimic those patterns over and over but again, we don't know why they do or what the significance is. It feels like there's something we haven't been told yet.

ETA: Notably, this question harkens all the way back to the prologue scene from S1 E1 where Will found the mutilated wildling body parts arranged in a specific pattern.

I'm just not sure how that could connect since that was never in the books and D & D didn't have the whole story at the time 

New video from Frikidoctor (with Javi from L7R).

The only point of interest that's been discussed on /Freefolk from that video is that Javi claims to know an extra from the Italica filming who said that Kit was in his usual clothes the whole time on the set, not in costume. That of course begs the question of why Kit's body double was in Seville if Kit didn't film anything.

23 hours ago, Eyes High said:

New video from Frikidoctor (with Javi from L7R).

The only point of interest that's been discussed on /Freefolk from that video is that Javi claims to know an extra from the Italica filming who said that Kit was in his usual clothes the whole time on the set, not in costume. That of course begs the question of why Kit's body double was in Seville if Kit didn't film anything.

Actually Javi gives a few interesting tidbits. 

1. Unsullied at Castle Black, or at least a part of them.

2. He doesn't see Jaime surviving episode 4.

About #1. I actually believe this, if Cersei is attacking WF, then Team Dany is not going to be there. I guess Dany and company arrives at WF, find out about the wall and decides to march north. Tyrion is left behind, maybe with some Unsullied, as the 4chan leaker said.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Edith said:

I thought that NCW was spotted filming for E5 and E6? (Again, I forgot the filming details.)

Unsullied sent at Castle Black just don't make sense to me. The point of Castle Black is to defend the Wall. The Wall fell at Eastwatch, the AOTD walked past it and began to invade the North; it was showed onscreen. Why would the invaders go West instead of going South?  Why would Castle Black need troops, whereas the Wall is gone? Why would anyone send troops to help 50 men or so left there, whereas cities and towns are under threat of obliteration? Why wouldn't the garrison at Castle Black evacuate immediately after the Wall was breached, to regroup at Winterfell?

Edited by Happy Harpy
(edited)
21 hours ago, Edith said:

Actually Javi gives a few interesting tidbits. 

I doubt very much that Jaime dies before 8x05. NCW was filming until June 8th, long after David Nutter finished his work on the show, so unless he was filming 8x03 scenes (unlikely), Jaime definitely makes it at least to 8x05.

Also, Javi's track record for insider information for S8 has been sketchy. He's the same person who claimed that Kit would be filming until Friday when he arrived in Seville, only for Kit to leave on Wednesday with everyone else, and he knows even less about Belfast filming than he knows about Spain filming.

17 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

The only way I see Jaime dying in ep 4 is if Arya wears his face a few times in ep 5 or 6, or he becomes a wight. I just don’t see D&D getting rid of NCW or LH before ep 6.

I doubt Jaime will die two episodes before Cersei, and I very much doubt Cersei will die before 8x06, so...

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
On 7/22/2018 at 3:07 PM, Happy Harpy said:

I thought that NCW was spotted filming for E5 and E6? (Again, I forgot the filming details.)

Unsullied sent at Castle Black just don't make sense to me. The point of Castle Black is to defend the Wall. The Wall fell at Eastwatch, the AOTD walked past it and began to invade the North; it was showed onscreen. Why would the invaders go West instead of going South?  Why would Castle Black need troops, whereas the Wall is gone? Why would anyone send troops to help 50 men or so left there, whereas cities and towns are under threat of obliteration? Why wouldn't the garrison at Castle Black evacuate immediately after the Wall was breached, to regroup at Winterfell?

Why did anyone think the wight hunt plan was a good idea? Don't think about it.

6 hours ago, WindyNights said:

Why did anyone think the wight hunt plan was a good idea? Don't think about it.

Because it made sense on paper. People don't believe in something, make them see it with their own eyes: There's a logic here. I can't find any to sending Unsullied to Castle Black.

1 minute ago, Happy Harpy said:

Because it made sense on paper. People don't believe in something, make them see it with their own eyes: There's a logic here. I can't find any to sending Unsullied to Castle Black.

Not exactly . The thing that doesn't make sense is why Jon is to go himself to find a wight. 

Why risk your leader? Seems really stupid not to mention that Jon went with like 5 men originally on an espionage mission. 

2 hours ago, WindyNights said:

Not exactly . The thing that doesn't make sense is why Jon is to go himself to find a wight. 

Why risk your leader? Seems really stupid not to mention that Jon went with like 5 men originally on an espionage mission. 

A reason was provided: The Wildlings wouldn't have followed anyone else -less Jorah "fucking Mormont", and Tormund's reaction proved it right. Again, I don't see how they could remotely justify sending Unsullied at Castle Black in season 8.

• Love 3

Some updates from HBO programming chief Casey Bloys, courtesy of EW:

1. Season 8 will air in the "first half of 2019." Makes sense, since three episodes have to air before May 31st to make the Emmy cutoff. (True Detective is also going to air in "early 2019," so by "first half," we're probably looking more at April/May than February/March.)

2. Bloys seemed to confirm EW's information that all episodes will be between 50 and 90 minutes. No two-hour episodes.

3. No confirmation on a trailer, but Bloys "would guess" that we'll get a trailer this year. 

• Love 2
Just now, Eyes High said:

1. Season 8 will air in the "first half of 2019." Makes sense, since three episodes have to air before May 31st to make the Emmy cutoff. (True Detective is also going to air in "early 2019," so by "first half," we're probably looking more at April/May than February/March.)

Has HBO started filming the prequel? It is the one main reason that I can think of why it is stringing out showing the final season. The network is being ridiculous. The show is ending. Stop playing programming games.

Just now, Eyes High said:

2. Bloys seemed to confirm EW's information that all episodes will be between 50 and 90 minutes. No two-hour episodes.

3. No confirmation on a trailer, but Bloys "would guess" that we'll get a trailer this year. 

1- I agree. Not before April, unfortunately. Not after, hopefully.

2- "Noh time" is S8 motto, confirmed! The Spoils of War was the shortest episode and the best of S7 imo, and The Winds of Winter was 70 minutes IIRC.  So I just hope they will be the "right" length.

3- We'd better get one soon, or everyone is going to cyber-kill everyone in this fandom, LOL. Or, worse for HBO I guess, die of boredom and stop low-key buzzing. The FOTW at Freefolk was trying to hype "Gensa", doesn't it speak enough of widespread desperation? Take pity, HBO! Throw us a bone, footage, a couple of pictures, a video of a melting ice block,...

• Love 1
On 7/24/2018 at 4:37 PM, Happy Harpy said:

A reason was provided: The Wildlings wouldn't have followed anyone else -less Jorah "fucking Mormont", and Tormund's reaction proved it right. Again, I don't see how they could remotely justify sending Unsullied at Castle Black in season 8.

You don't need Jon on that mission at all. Have Tormund lead it. 

20 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

1- I agree. Not before April, unfortunately. Not after, hopefully.

2- "Noh time" is S8 motto, confirmed! The Spoils of War was the shortest episode and the best of S7 imo, and The Winds of Winter was 70 minutes IIRC.  So I just hope they will be the "right" length.

3- We'd better get one soon, or everyone is going to cyber-kill everyone in this fandom, LOL. Or, worse for HBO I guess, die of boredom and stop low-key buzzing. The FOTW at Freefolk was trying to hype "Gensa", doesn't it speak enough of widespread desperation? Take pity, HBO! Throw us a bone, footage, a couple of pictures, a video of a melting ice block,...

A poster in the WOTW comments section said that under Emmy eligibility rules, because GOT is not an ongoing series but is "discontinued," all six episodes would need to air before the May 31st cutoff date for GOT to be eligible for the 2019 Emmys. That would put the premiere date at April 14th at the very latest, assuming HBO wouldn't want the finale to air during Memorial Day weekend (to maximize ratings).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

A poster in the WOTW comments section said that under Emmy eligibility rules, because GOT is not an ongoing series but is "discontinued," all six episodes would need to air before the May 31st cutoff date for GOT to be eligible for the 2019 Emmys. That would put the premiere date at April 14th at the very latest, assuming HBO wouldn't want the finale to air during Memorial Day weekend (to maximize ratings).

Thanks for the info. It's Adam Smith applied to TV: The network greed for ratings and awards is the invisible hand working in the impatient viewers' general interest :D

• Love 1
(edited)

Sophie Turner said in a recent interview with 1883 Magazine the following:

1. S8 is “full of betrayal, full of war, full of danger.”

2. S8 is the first year where Sansa’s really on her own. “She’s not being led by anyone, it’s just her and her alone. This is like the big season for her to be honest, it’s the season she’s been waiting for.”

3. You can expect to see “quite a powerful, quite defiant, quite protective person.”

Sophie used the word “protective” before to describe Sansa in S8, but “defiant”? Sounds like she gives Jon a really hard time at the beginning of the season.

...In the “probably fake but who cares, we’re desperate” category, a user popped up at /Freefolk who claimed that Jon will kill Grey Worm in single combat, and that neither is a wight when this happens. According to /BoatsexBaby, Kit and Jacob were rehearsing a stunt in Seville for what I assume was 8x06. This user also said in response to a pro-Targ restoration post that the story does not end with Jon being called Aegon Targaryen.

Edited by Eyes High
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

3. You can expect to see “quite a powerful, quite defiant, quite protective person.”

Sophie used the word “protective” before to describe Sansa in S8, but “defiant”? Sounds like she gives Jon a really hard time at the beginning of the season.

She could also be talking about defiance in the face of the invasion, I suppose.

I remain of two minds about how the show is going to handle the Northern political climate, between issues of timing (given the invasion) and the fact that after Sansa killing Littlefinger it seems somewhat odd to go immediately back to the Starks bickering intensely.  But all the same, there has been so much talk that the North won’t like Dany when she first appears.

I’m sure it will be written to the usual high standard of the show’s other recent Northern internal conflicts.

I can see the Northerners pulling out their favourite "foreign whore" insult, with an added "mad like her father" bonus for the first 2 episodes (although to be fair I don't think Sansa would call Dany a whore).  Then Dany will win their support by being heroic in the winterfell battle in ep 3 and it will be bygones.

Also, based on the big nothing that was the promised Jon/Sansa conflict in s7, I could also see Sansa being mad at Jon r.e. Dany for like half an episode but then getting over it and supporting a marriage alliance by the end of the first ep.  I always take what Sophie says with a grain of salt.

• Love 5
(edited)
34 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I’m sure it will be written to the usual high standard of the show’s other recent Northern internal conflicts.

Heh.

24 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

I can see the Northerners pulling out their favourite "foreign whore" insult, with an added "mad like her father" bonus for the first 2 episodes (although to be fair I don't think Sansa would call Dany a whore).  Then Dany will win their support by being heroic in the winterfell battle in ep 3 and it will be bygones.

Nailed it. 

Also, based on the big nothing that was the promised Jon/Sansa conflict in s7, I could also see Sansa being mad at Jon r.e. Dany for like half an episode but then getting over it and supporting a marriage alliance by the end of the first ep.  I always take what Sophie says with a grain of salt.

Sophie does troll, but she also drops the occasional bit of legit information. One thing that made me curious was her reference in a previous interview to being a leader of Winterfell as Sansa's "destiny":

"She's a real, true leader of Winterfell now. And that's where we first see her – as a very protective, empowered lady in charge. It's the first time you ever see her like that, and it's so amazing to see her like that – kind of owning her destiny."

Trolling, or unintentional slip?

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)

Really if she continues to give Jon a hard time in S8 all because of her entitlement to rule Winterfell than I have nothing but contempt for her character and I do hope Arya kills her. Seriously. Enough already. Jon has done nothing to deserve Sansa stabbing him in the back and I am sick of this narrative of  her distrusting her own brother of all people . He loves her , he trusts her, he has it made it clear he respects her, this conflict is entirely one sided and if they continue it she is a villain in my eyes. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Really if she continues to give Jon a hard time in S8 all because of her entitlement to rule Winterfell than I have nothing but contempt for her character and I do hope Arya kills her. Seriously. Enough already. Jon has done nothing to deserve Sansa stabbing him in the back and I am sick of this narrative of  her distrusting her own brother of all people . He loves her , he trusts her, he has it made it clear he respects her, this conflict is entirely one sided and if they continue it she is a villain in my eyes. She will have been the only Stark to have betrayed her blood for power and they have will have portrayed it has feminism or something . ?? 

At this stage any conflict isn’t about desiring power, I don’t think.  That was dealt with (or was supposed to be) in Season 7.  Any dispute is about Northern sovereignty, which is a legitimate area for disagreement, even if this is no time to be engaging in such an argument.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

Also, based on the big nothing that was the promised Jon/Sansa conflict in s7, I could also see Sansa being mad at Jon r.e. Dany for like half an episode but then getting over it and supporting a marriage alliance by the end of the first ep.  I always take what Sophie says with a grain of salt.

Yeah that's exactly the way I see it happening.They'll be huge jerks and annoying until they actually see what they're up against and how dead they are without Dany and the dragons and then the whole "they'll see you for what you are" thing will happen.

I really hope the Sansa is pissed at Jon yet again storyline isn't dragged out beyond like ep one because I'm pretty sick of that tbh.Sansa in conflict with other Starks is getting really old now.

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, SeanC said:

At this stage any conflict isn’t about desiring power, I don’t think.  That was dealt with (or was supposed to be) in Season 7.  Any dispute is about Northern sovereignty, which is a legitimate area for disagreement, even if this is no time to be engaging in such an argument.

It’s just annoying at this point. There won’t be a North to be in charge of if the NK wins. Playing politics is moot at this point and what sticks in my craw is that Sansa is playing it against her brother who isn’t fighting her on anything. The whole time when LF was whispering to her about “her bastard brother” she never once defended him. Jon has consistently had her back since he saw her again, he has fought for her, protected her, he would die for her. He left her in charge and in front of all his men and the entire north let them all know that she was boss while he was gone.  And still she spent the season 7 skulking around not trusting him and listening to LF. She finally, finally “rejoins her pack “ at the end of season 7 and now we are supposed to be have her betraying him and pulling power plays in season 8? Are you kidding? Jon would give her the north if she asked! That’s what bugs me is that she is written to be plotting against one of the nicest people on the show who also happens to be her family. Wtf? How is that supposed to be a good thing for her character? Let her be annoyed he didn’t tell her or ask her opinion, but to have her constantly be against him just makes her look villainous, especially when in return he gives her nothing but love. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Jon would give her the north if she asked! 

Well, point of fact, he can’t give her the North, because he gave it to Daenerys.  That’s the whole issue — seemingly, at least.

We ultimately don’t know what exactly this story will involve.  Sansa hasn’t to date ever been plotting against Jon.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, SeanC said:

We ultimately don’t know what exactly this story will involve.  Sansa hasn’t to date ever been plotting against Jon.

That’s why I hope this season 8 rumors are bull. I can’t have another dark Sansa thing happening. I want United Starks. That scene between Arya and Sansa was beautiful in the finale. More of that please! 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 1
(edited)

So on the assumption that the Northerners are going to bitch about Jon bending the knee (despite the fact that the wall has fallen and an army of 100,000 ice zombies are heading straight for them!), I wonder if Sansa will suggest a Dan/Jon marriage alliance to try and smooth things over?  It has been speculated before, especially after Littlefinger's marriage comment in s7.

Alternatively, maybe Bran will drop the parentage bomb in public and the Northerners will start calling Jon a foreign whore lol?  Then the Northerners will decide he is a mad Targ king who can't be trusted.

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

So on the assumption that the Northerners are going to bitch about Jon bending the knee (despite the fact that the wall has fallen and an army of 100,000 ice zombies are heading straight for them!), I wonder if Sansa will suggest a Dan/Jon marriage alliance to try and smooth things over? 

I doubt Sansa will be attempting to do any smoothing over. She'll probably be sitting there smirking triumphantly while Lord Glover and company lob insults at Dany and Jon.

Alternatively, maybe Bran will drop the parentage bomb in public and the Northerners will start calling Jon a foreign whore lol?  Then the Northerners will decide he is a mad Targ king who can't be trusted.

Hee. If the Northerners reacted to the parentage bombshell by calling Jon a foreign whore and an untrustworthy mad Targ, I would forgive the Northern storyline a great deal.

This /Freefolk poster is intriguing, so I'm just going to put the posts by the guy here (it wouldn't be the first time I posted fake leaks here thinking they were the real deal, but it's a long time until Season 8 and I'm starved for info, so):

There is not going to be a Jon and Sansa. And Jon meant what he said at that time to Daenerys. The scene was what it was.

Euron will attack the North without Cersei's permission. They were supposed to be the defense of King's Landing.

Sansa will use political manipulation to sway the money over to the Stark side once the fighting is done without the knowledge of others.

A large portion of Daenerys' army will be taken out in one fell swoop after a trap is set for them by Bran.

Jon kills Greyworm in one to one combat. But is that a betrayal? Or the result of an earlier decision by Jon?

There must always be a Night King. The Night's Watch vow is his vow and was misconstrued to be theirs. The Night's Watch itself was misconstrued. He is the true watcher of the night, guarding them and preventing them from waking to wreck havoc. This is a holy shit moment but not the holy shit moment.

Jon kills Greyworm after one to one combat. Nobody is a wight in the scene either. Now figure that one out.

Reading through this reddit suggests to me there will be some level of disappointment. The story does not end with Jon being called Aegon Targaryen.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

It doesn't sound like Sophie is trying to suggest Sansa does anything underhand or negative. 'Protective' suggests Sansa's motivations are quite selfless, wanting to protect something else. It was great seeing Sansa grow in confidence and control last season and I can't wait to see more of it.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Hee. If the Northerners reacted to the parentage bombshell by calling Jon a foreign whore and an untrustworthy mad Targ, I would forgive the Northern storyline a great deal.

??? me too 

C4D3E14C-EB38-4440-BDB7-A7A4745D8E78.jpeg

• Love 6

So some of you think thay it would be realistic that no one questions Jon's decisions in S8?

I don't think that's how politics work in real life. Somestimes people disagree even if some things seem almost black and white in terms what should've been done. There are countless examples in history.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, nikma said:

So some of you think thay it would be realistic that no one questions Jon's decisions in S8?

I don't think that's how politics work in real life. Somestimes people disagree even if some things seem almost black and white in terms what should've been done. There are countless examples in history.

I have no problem at all with people questioning Jon. My problem is with them continuing the bullshit narrative of Sansa mistrusting Jon or being “ambiguous “ with her motives. I was commenting on Sophie’s comments about betrayal and things like that. I had issues with certain parts of her storyline in season 6 and 7 and the way the writers chose to explains things in interviews and on commentaries. They purposely chose to leave her motives murky, and they specifically said she might turn on Jon in season 7. Sophie said it herself in a interview after the season 6 finale. They purposely set her up to be “dark Sansa” and then we had a bunch of conflict with Arya instead. Look it up yourself, there is plenty of video evidence where the writers and showrunners have said that Sansa was resentful, mistrustful and might turn on Jon. So once again, we are getting more cryptic statements from Sophie that speak of betrayals etc etc. so yes, I am annoyed, rightfully IMO because they have done this before and it’s annoying. Chances are it’s a big load of trolling and I find it insulting and frustrating by now.

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, tangerine95 said:

I really hope the Sansa is pissed at Jon yet again storyline isn't dragged out beyond like ep one because I'm pretty sick of that tbh.Sansa in conflict with other Starks is getting really old now.

To be fair, it's the point of her character. She was created as a foil for the Starks in general and Arya in particular. I thought she outgrew it in S7, but maybe she doesn't have any other purpose, after all.

1 hour ago, GraceK said:

That’s what bugs me is that she is written to be plotting against one of the nicest people on the show who also happens to be her family.

What bugs me even more is the writers not owning up to her being a foil, and trying to make her the voice of reason instead. It isn't only Sansa, it's been the same as of late for Varys and Tyrion, which could be foreshadowing tensions in the Stargaryen alliance.

The only one I'd say could actually betray is Varys, and solely because of the "perfumed seneschal"; but I wouldn't even bet money on it. How could he think that Cersei or the NK are better options for the people? So imo, the worst plotting that Sansa is likely to do is to join Tyrion and Varys' bitchy whining ("Boo, the Queen/King don't listen to meeee, what about meeee!" "Mad Qween aleeert!") and generally still think petty politics whereas it's going to be an all-out war against literal monsters.

41 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Bonus points for me if it's in front of Arya and Ghost. The North would have many second (or third) sons taking over, LOL.

I laughed at Tywin dismissing the dragons because they were in Essos and I wanted Dany to obliterate the Lannisters anyway. Now the AOTD is in the North, and I find I have no more patience for shortsighted power plays and egos in the way. I have no doubt there will be squabbles, I doubt I'll be able to enjoy those like I did the Tyrells vs Cersei. So I'm back to wishing the Northern lords end up as wight bait. One thing that would make it worthy to me, though, is Alys Karstark and Ned Umber vouching for Jon. For once, a good and decent action would be rewarded by loyalty.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

There must always be a Night King. The Night's Watch vow is his vow and was misconstrued to be theirs. The Night's Watch itself was misconstrued. He is the true watcher of the night, guarding them and preventing them from waking to wreck havoc. This is a holy shit moment but not the holy shit moment.

I will laugh if Bran is the NK theories end up true after all ???

• Love 2

I think it makes the Northerners seem kind of dumb to be arguing about things now. Like, Bran has seen the wall fall and 100k zombies are heading straight for Winterfell. How far away would they be, a couple of weeks maybe?

Damy is there with her army and her dragons and seems to be the only chance the Northeners have of not being killed. What are they going to do, ask that she leave so they can die in peace?

I’m sure most of them will be in a snit about Jon bending the knee, but it just seems like this discussion could wait until after the fight with a zombie army. If they manage to survive, then tell Dany to pack her foreign whore bags and go back to whence she came.

• Love 1