Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

Some stuff with Friki's leaks doesn't line up like who was filming in the dragon pit and all that but I also still feel like they're probably true.Maybe because I just recently rewatched the Tyrion trial scene and it suprised me how I forgot how hateful Tyrion was towards the people of King's Landing that were at his trial.He was genuinely regretting that he saved them and wishing they all died.The fact that Friki claims he never got over that and it's a factor in his betrayal makes more sense to me after rewatching that scene.But I'm also hoping he's wrong on the other hand because I don't want it to happen lol

(edited)
14 minutes ago, nikma said:

I don't know why, but I know think that Friki is right. Maybe that will change again, but somehow I feel like Tyrion's death makes sense for the end of the show. 

Would HBO keep letting interviews get published where Peter Dinklage strongly hints at Tyrion's demise if Tyrion does in fact die? The end of the show and the fates of their main characters are their most closely guarded secret and most precious asset, and this is not the first interview published where Peter Dinklage has hinted (with plausible deniability "whether it be tragic or not," e.g.) at Tyrion's death. They can't muzzle Dinklage and the other GOT actors, but they can muzzle (and apparently have muzzled, as with the Sophie statue gag order) their interviewers where the interviewees are dropping spoilers, and they aren't in this case. Why not?

There is speculation that maybe Tyrion is condemned at a trial but is exiled instead of being executed, but Friki was very firm that Tyrion is condemned and is also executed, so if Friki is wrong and Tyrion's not executed after all, there's no reason to think that the trial happens, either.

Edited by Eyes High
16 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Would HBO keep letting interviews get published where Peter Dinklage strongly hints at Tyrion's demise if Tyrion does in fact die?

Maybe not, but before S6 Benioff and Weiss gave many interviews where they strongly hinted R+L=J. Maybe that's their way to prepare the audience? To avoid backlash? It is more important for S8 to be popular than to be shocking, because they are preparing new show set in Westeros. They can't have The Last Jedi level of controversy and Tyrion's death could be just that. That would kill spin off show and ruin GoT's legacy. 

So I have the oposite reaction. The more they talk about Tyrion's death, the more I think it will happen. 

Edited by nikma
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

Some stuff with Friki's leaks doesn't line up like who was filming in the dragon pit and all that but I also still feel like they're probably true

I think they are true because when you watch some scenes in S6 and S7 it's clear that something is going to happen with Tyrion. There are hints towards something. I thought after S7 that it will be just like Sansa's story, where they toy with possibility of betrayal but at the end of the day he stays good guy.

I mean it's clear that D&D wanted Tyrion to make many mistakes in S7. That was his story. He wasn't good Hand. But I thought the point was to have his redemption in S8, to show that he is worthy of that title. I guess not. And hints of Varys' death. I mean there are seeds for this plot development in the last 2 seasons. It is very subtle, but it is there. 

• Love 4
Just now, nikma said:

Maybe not, but before S6 Benioff and Weiss gave many interviews where they strongly hinted R+L=J. Maybe that's their way to prepare the audience? To avoid backlash? It is more important for S8 to be popular than to be shocking, because they are preparing new show set in Westeros. They can't have The Last Jedi level of controversy. That would kill spin off show and ruin GoT's legacy. 

I'd say there's a big difference between R+L=J and spoiling the death of one of the lead characters, though, since R+L=J doesn't automatically give away that Jon is going to be king in the end. Also, if Peter Dinklage were really giving something away with his "whether it be tragic or not" comment from his previous interview, you'd think HBO would have told him to cool it before he went and did an interview with Vulture saying much the same thing in even less ambiguous language.

But who knows? One could interpret his interviews both ways, certainly, and we won't know for sure until June 2019, when I'm assuming the finale will air.

I've been thinking about Sophie's comment about Sansa having possible daddy issues, and I'm wondering whether it was just a halfhearted response to someone else asking whether she thinks Sansa has daddy issues (since it was a Q&A session), or whether it's something she brought up on her own initiative. Because if it's the latter, that could be a possible hint for Sansa/Sandor in Season 8. I'd hope D&D would throw her a bone (so to speak) and give her a consensual roll in the hay with a desired partner if they are planning on offing her.

1 minute ago, nikma said:

I mean there are seeds for this plot development in the last 2 seasons. It is very subtle, but it is there. 

There are "seeds" for a lot of things that may or may not end up happening, though. There were "seeds" for Sansa betraying Jon in Season 6, even an ambiguous look of much the same nature as Tyrion's ambiguous look in Season 7, but Sansa never followed through on betraying Jon (as much as she was tempted), and if that "seed" never resulted in anything substantial, why would the supposed "seeds" in Season 7 for Tyrion's betrayal?

17 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I'd say there's a big difference between R+L=J and spoiling the death of one of the lead characters, though, since R+L=J doesn't automatically give away that Jon is going to be king in the end

No, but it gives away that he will come back. This was after S5. 

And Tyrion's death could be more like Luke's death in TLJ than RW in termes of fans reaction. 

17 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Also, if Peter Dinklage were really giving something away with his "whether it be tragic or not" comment from his previous interview, you'd think HBO would have told him to cool it before he went and did an interview with Vulture saying much the same thing in even less ambiguous language.

I feel we can agree that HBO wants this idea of Tyrion's death to exist in the fandom. But our interpretation of that are different. I think they want to prepare the audince for that to avoid backlash and controversy. I mean what's  the point of creating that fake spoiler anyway? Why Tyrion? Why not Daenerys or Jon or Arya? Only hardcore fans read these interviews, GA doesn't care about them. If they are going to trick 5% of their audience that Tyrion dies, but he doesn't die, what is the point? 95% of the watchers will never even find out about these intervires from cast and crew, 

But hardcore fans can create narrative in the media, as we saw with The Last Jedi. So if fandom accepts something, it's easier for GA to accept that as well.

That's just my opinion. So that's the reason why I think these hints of Tyrion's death are now appearing in interviews. They want fans to have theories about that and when it happens whey will be happy that their theories were right. They won't whine about that on twitter and reddit. They will even call everyone who is unhappy stupid because they were't smart enough to see hints.  You can see this on Free Folk already. 

Edited by nikma
  • Love 2

It's also possible that HBO stays still because their reactions last season, directly or through kneelers friendly fansites, gave away that the leaks were real.

R+L=J has been talked about for about two decades. It didn't come out of left field for any spoiler-phile and I don't think it's something the audience needed to be prepared for either, since it was a positive development for most people (the righteous heros is actually a prince! Jon's parents loved each other! Ned was honorable and never cheated on Catelyn! etc.). OTOH, Tyrion's betrayal and death would be a huge shock -it was in the fandom because the OG5 survival meets a certain consensus- therefore they might think that hinting it beforehand would be a good idea.

I agree that HBO could tell the actors to go against the grain of Friki's info, and they don't seem to. But it's the same conundrum: Is it because the info is true and they don't want to raise flags, or because it's wrong and they're using it to mislead the fandom?

However, this season HBO did try to discredit the photographers who took on set pictures, once more via their friendly fansites. And there was some move on betting sites when "Bran on the throne" got a sudden boost; I didn't remember if it was a simple regulation mecanism or if it was HBO asking for an investigation.

So for now, this off-season is still Being Jon Snow.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, nikma said:

I mean what's  the point of creating that fake spoiler anyway? Why Tyrion? Why not Daenerys or Jon or Arya?

Maybe because Tyrion ends up king...? I personally don't think that's likely, but if we're looking for the opposite of Tyrion dying, well, that would be it.

2 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

I agree that HBO could tell the actors to go against the grain of Friki's info, and they don't seem to. But it's the same conundrum: Is it because the info is true and they don't want to raise flags, or because it's wrong and they're using it to mislead the fandom?

Possible, sure, but that's a heck of a risk: openly discuss a real spoiler and thus disseminate it to the wider, previously uninformed public in the hopes that the hardcore fans will be fooled into thinking their legit information is fake...? I dunno.

/BoatsexBaby pointed out a while after the VFX guy brought up Tyrion's death out of nowhere at the Emmys that it would be interesting to see if the official GOT focus shifted to Tyrion in interviews, etc. after Friki's information was made public, and that is indeed what has happened. It could be because the information is true and they're trying to throw the hardcore fans off the scent, of course, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Now that we've seen a potential glimpse at what HBO does when an actor drops a real spoiler (a gag order on any mention of Sansa's statue), it makes their laissez-faire approach to references to Tyrion's death that much more suspicious.

9 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

OTOH, Tyrion's betrayal and death would be a huge shock -it was in the fandom because the OG5 survival meets a certain consensus- therefore they might think that hinting it beforehand would be a good idea.

This is what I think. I think it is important to remember that we are talking about really small % of the audience here. And theory about Tyrion's death wasn't even popular in the fandom. So if they are going to mislead the fandom with some theories why chose this? You are giving hints of not that popular theory which at the end turns out to be fake? To  achieve what exactly?

Using fake spoilers of Daenerys's death which is far more popular in this fandom(for years!) to mislead fans would make sense, but this.. I'm not so sure.

10 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Maybe because Tyrion ends up king...?

I still don't get what the point of this fake spoiler would be in that case. If Tyrion does become king at the end, what HBO gets if they convinced 1% of the watchers in the off season that Tyrion will die? They convinced very small % of the fans that some unpopular theory is true, and at the end of the day it's not true. What effect that has on anything really?

But if the spoiler is true, they are creating "an army" of fans who will defend that plot point on social media, they are preventing TLJ narrative to happen(controverisal,divisive,...). We already saw that on Free Folk. So many posts why Tyrion's betrayal and death makes sense, why there were subtle hints and so on. These people will be all over the internet next year. 

Edited by nikma
2 minutes ago, nikma said:

I still don't get what the point of this fake spoiler would be in that case. If Tyrion does become king at the end, what HBO gets if they convinced 1% of the watchers in the off season that Tyrion will die? They convinced very small % of the fans that some unpopular theory is true, and at the end of the day it's not true. What effect that has on anything really?

But if the spoiler is true, they are creating "an army" of fans who will defend that plot point on social media, they are preventing TLJ narrative to happen(controverisal,divisive,...). We already saw that on Free Folk. So many posts why Tyrion's betrayal and death makes sense, why there were subtle hints and so on. These people will be all over the internet next year. 

We'll see.

Speaking of interviews, Maisie Williams had an interview published in the October issue of Heroine magazine (info via /Freefolk). Relevant S8 quotes:

Maisie [when asked about the final script]: I mean, the boys (D&D) are great they're incredible at what they do and I am so pleased with the story. I think the ending has just the right amount of sweet and bitter. There's a lot of pressure on the finale but I think the boys have always known how they've wanted it to end, so they've been working towards that rather than making it up as they go along.

Maisie [when asked about being scared that she might be killed off when she go the scripts]: Well apparently in previous years you got a phone call, but I don't think they did that this year...in fact some cast members didn't read the script until we did the read-through because they didn't want to know beforehand. And there were tears. People were crying because of what happens in this [season]. I guess you aren't supposed to see it coming if your character is going to leave. But making it to the final season was all I wanted.

21 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Possible, sure, but that's a heck of a risk: openly discuss a real spoiler and thus disseminate it to the wider, previously uninformed public in the hopes that the hardcore fans will be fooled into thinking their legit information is fake...?

A real and potentially very unpopular spoiler that could ruin GoT's legacy if it's not accepted in the fandom. GoT could be new Lost or HIMYM or even Dexter.

I don't think they hope that the hardcore fans will be fooled into thinking their legit information is fake. I think they want the hardcore fans to think it is true, so they can process it. So this unpopular theory in the fandom could become popular. And we saw exactly that in Free Folk. There is a drastic difference in reaction to Tyrion's betrayal there now and before these leaks. 

And if fandom likes something, than the media won't write articles about "divisive last season" and the whole narrative around S8 will be mostly positive, with negative opinions silenced and pushed into dark corners of internet, like always. 

2 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

We'll see.

Agree. 

Edited by nikma

http://watchersonthewall.com/peter-dinklage-reflects-decade-tyrion-lannister-george-r-r-martin-leaves-inimitable-fantasy-footprint/#more-165966

Heres a part of the interview from Vulture with Peter Dinklage that stuck out for me::

“I won’t say their name or their character’s name, but one of the young people on the show wrapped this past season and everybody was a wreck. This person had grown up on the show, you know? They were a child and now they were an adult. And then they’re done. It’s like we were witnessing this person saying good-bye to their childhood.”

??‍♀️ Thoughts ? This, combined with Sophie’s tweet about filming and this possible Statue situation really makes me feel that it’s possible Sansa dies.

Yea I know it’s unpopular, it’s just my personal speculation. 

Edited by GraceK

One last thing I will say about this. For now. 

If Tyrion was going to die like a hero, or you know, be victim of some other villain, I think HBO would do their best to protect that info from everyone. But Tyrion dying as a traitor is a completely different story. GoT is currently the most popular TV show in the world, and Tyrion is the most popular character on that show, which makes him the most popular TV character in the world right now. And to turn the most popular character into traitor in the last season is a very brave™  move. 

Even in the deep and dark corners of the fandom I never saw a theory that Tyrion will die at the end. Even if that theory exists somewhere I don't think anyone expected that he will die as a traitor, almost a bad guy. So if literally nobody saw this coming.. Well, that's the problem IMO. Even those who believed in "Tyrion is traitor" theory after S7 never speculated that he will be executed for that. 

So if no one is expecting this and no one is speculating about this, this plot twist wouldn't be seen as something great. It would be seen as character assassination and jumping the shark moment. We would have whine fest like there is about Luke's death in TLJ.

So this is how I see these hints from HBO. They want this theory to exist in the fandom, so the fandom will accept it or even like it. If this is a fake leak, than fooling very small % of your audience into thinking it will happen achieves nothing IMO. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, GraceK said:

http://watchersonthewall.com/peter-dinklage-reflects-decade-tyrion-lannister-george-r-r-martin-leaves-inimitable-fantasy-footprint/#more-165966

Heres a part of the interview from Vulture with Peter Dinklage that stuck out for me::

“I won’t say their name or their character’s name, but one of the young people on the show wrapped this past season and everybody was a wreck. This person had grown up on the show, you know? They were a child and now they were an adult. And then they’re done. It’s like we were witnessing this person saying good-bye to their childhood.”

??‍♀️ Thoughts ? This, combined with Sophie’s tweet about filming and this possible Statue situation really makes me feel that it’s possible Sansa dies.

Yea I know it’s unpopular, it’s just my personal speculation. 

It's a pretty short of list of actors to whom that statement could apply, and Peter didn't specify the sex of the person involved. We're down to Isaac, Maisie, and Sophie.

Maisie said something in the Heroine interview that just came out about how difficult it was to wrap and the final "cut," in more or less the same terms Peter used:

So emotional, everyone was very teary. I said goodbye to everyone and we were going to go out for drinks that night but I just couldn't bring myself to, because I couldn't bring myself to say like a proper goodbye, you know?

Peter was on set when Sophie is supposed to have wrapped in May, and he finished filming in mid-July, so he was probably on set when Maisie wrapped, so that doesn't narrow it down. Sophie also said everyone was emotional the day she wrapped, and Joe Dempsie said something similar (since he seems to have wrapped at the same time as Sophie). We have no idea when Isaac wrapped. 

I'm not sure why Peter would refrain from using the name of the person if it wasn't spoilery, though, unless it was out of respect for the actor/actress in question.

While we're talking about Maisie and Peter, though, isn't anyone else super curious what Kit, Maisie and Peter were filming in that last week or two weeks of filming or so in early July? It didn't involve stunts or shooting on the KL exterior set, a number of the crew members had already wrapped (stunt crew, e.g.), and it didn't involve most of the main cast (Emilia, NCW, and Sophie were long gone). A lot of the interior shots were filmed back in the first few months of filming, so one would think there wouldn't be much left. So what were they filming? 

41 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Dinklage does not say the character dies. All the actors/characters remaining wrapped during S8, so all of the remaining young actors "said good-bye to their childhood".

I don't think it would necessarily be more emotional if the character dies, it's probably rather more connected to the relationship this actor/actress has with the rest of the crew and cast, and also with the personality of the person(s) involved.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Wouter said:

I don't think it would necessarily be more emotional if the character dies, it's probably rather more connected to the relationship this actor/actress has with the rest of the crew and cast, and also with the personality of the person(s) involved.

This. It's almost irrelevant for them if the character dies or not at this point. It's about the friendship among the cast and crew and the personality of the people in the set.

I'll say it again people, we are losing perspective. Maybe the actors are fans, but they are not fans the same way we are, the way they see the whole thing is necessarily very different.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nikma said:

This is what I think. I think it is important to remember that we are talking about really small % of the audience here. And theory about Tyrion's death wasn't even popular in the fandom. So if they are going to mislead the fandom with some theories why chose this? You are giving hints of not that popular theory which at the end turns out to be fake? To  achieve what exactly?

Using fake spoilers of Daenerys's death which is far more popular in this fandom(for years!) to mislead fans would make sense, but this.. I'm not so sure.

Why choose it? That's the easiest part to explain: Because of Friki. HBO knows him, since they threatened him. They see his video, they know the theory is false ("source" is lying, but they have nothing to do with it) and they know that because he leaked episodes last season, he's considered legit in the fandom.

The fandom and the spoiler-philes are indeed a really small percentage of the audience but the leaks there went viral/mainstream last season and HBO's problem is to avoid a repeat. So they roll with Friki's "leaks", using them as a smokescreen for the fandom to focus on and in the end, they protected real spoilers and Friki will lose all credit when his info is revealed wrong (bonus payback for the S6 leaks).

It smells the tinfoil a bit, but this move is entirely free of charge and free of effort. Even actors just have to orient a bit their usual PR lingo for people to jump on the "Tyrion betrayal's confirmed" train -not a criticism: We all do it at one point or another, with one theory or another.

And again, it's only one of the possibilities.

2 hours ago, GraceK said:

It does make me think of Sophie's emotional state after filming in Spain and what she said about the last scene she filmed on the Winterfell set; but I agree with the posters above, in itself it isn't enough to infer that Sansa dies.

However, I find it strange that he says "one of the young people wrapped this past season", since everybody wrapped this past season and stresses that he won't say the name. Could be indeed because the character dies and he doesn't want to take a risk. Or, because saying that Tyrion and that character were together when the young one wrapped would be spoilery in some way.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

They see his video, they know the theory is false ("source" is lying, but they have nothing to do with it) and they know that because he leaked episodes last season, he's considered legit in the fandom.

If Friki is wrong. But still there are a lot of "leaks" this season, even some from Javi, who is also known in the fandom. Why not use those leaks? And it's not like any meanstream media reported about Friki. Even within the fandom a lot of people don't know about this and don't trust him. 

If their strategy is to spread fake leaks, why would they wait for Friki, why would't they create their own fake leaker (BoatSexBaby?) and give him some credibility and then use him to spread fake leaks? If we go to tinfoil territory it makes sense that leakers like BoatSexBaby would be HBO "agents". We don't know anything about him. 

Edited by nikma

Smokescreen for the fandom to protect real spoilers? But what real spoilers? There is nothing that can happen in the last season that could be bigger than this. There is nothing more shocking for GA than death of the most popular character. Every other spoiler feels anticlimactic compared to that. Whose death would be more powerful for GA? It would be like creating fake spoiler about RW while protecting info that Joer Mormont will die. 

To be honest, I don't really know why would HBO care that much about leaks. Even last season there wasn't any negative effect. But avoiding backlash about Tyrion's death is something I think they would care a lot. They had a lot of opportunities to create credible fake leaks, to use some pics from set we already have to create fake storylines or fake scripts, they had more than a year for that and they never did that.

Because there is no point in making 1% of your watchers believe in something that will never happen. And if they wanted to convince the fandom that Tyrion will die, they failed, since a lot of people don't believe in that still, as you can see even here. If they want us to think that Tyrion will die they would create real "spoilers" like we had last year, fake scripts, maybe even fake pictures from set. 

I think their intention is to create this theory in fandom so it will be eaiser to swallow when it happens. Because if it won't happen, it's just waste of lot of time and energy to create paranoia on free folk. There was a lot of paranoia there even before Friki. And these comments from cast and crew didn't make Friki more reliable in the fandom. People are still divided. But the theory exists and that's what matters. 

In short, if Friki's leaks are fake and HBO wants fandom to believe in fake leaks, they would create "proof" of those leaks that no one could deny. fake scripts and pics.

Edited by nikma

I have gone back and forth about Friki's leaks/spumors about Tyrion's betrayal, but as I said before it is Peter Dinklage's comments that have convinced me that Tyrion dies. Dinklage's strange comment about playing dead on set and then his response "maybe" to Tyrion being a good guy along with his surprise about the ending are strong hints, imo. I think that Tyrion does "something dodgy" and he dies, but honestly, it is really difficult to me to believe. I always thought that the five main characters and all the non-combatants would live. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Why choose it? That's the easiest part to explain: Because of Friki. HBO knows him, since they threatened him. They see his video, they know the theory is false ("source" is lying, but they have nothing to do with it) and they know that because he leaked episodes last season, he's considered legit in the fandom.

The fandom and the spoiler-philes are indeed a really small percentage of the audience but the leaks there went viral/mainstream last season and HBO's problem is to avoid a repeat. So they roll with Friki's "leaks", using them as a smokescreen for the fandom to focus on and in the end, they protected real spoilers and Friki will lose all credit when his info is revealed wrong (bonus payback for the S6 leaks).

It smells the tinfoil a bit, but this move is entirely free of charge and free of effort. Even actors just have to orient a bit their usual PR lingo for people to jump on the "Tyrion betrayal's confirmed" train -not a criticism: We all do it at one point or another, with one theory or another.

And again, it's only one of the possibilities.

It does make me think of Sophie's emotional state after filming in Spain and what she said about the last scene she filmed on the Winterfell set; but I agree with the posters above, in itself it isn't enough to infer that Sansa dies.

However, I find it strange that he says "one of the young people wrapped this past season", since everybody wrapped this past season and stresses that he won't say the name. Could be indeed because the character dies and he doesn't want to take a risk. Or, because saying that Tyrion and that character were together when the young one wrapped would be spoilery in some way.

I agree that his discretion regarding the identity of the actor or actress involved was a bit odd, since everyone involved in S8 wrapped for good, but maybe it was out of respect for the person involved.

22 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I have gone back and forth about Friki's leaks/spumors about Tyrion's betrayal, but as I said before it is Peter Dinklage's comments that have convinced me that Tyrion dies. Dinklage's strange comment about playing dead on set and then his response "maybe" to Tyrion being a good guy along with his surprise about the ending are strong hints, imo. I think that Tyrion does "something dodgy" and he dies, but honestly, it is really difficult to me to believe. I always thought that the five main characters and all the non-combatants would live. 

I dunno, Peter Dinklage keeps getting less and less subtle with each interview, and it’s getting increasingly weird. At this rate, by the time April 2019 rolls around, he’s going to be doing interviews screaming into a megaphone “TYRION IS EVIL. TYRION FUCKING BETRAYS EVERYONE AND DIES. JUST TO BE CLEAR: TYRION DIES. EVIL, BETRAYAL, DEATH. DEAD!”

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, nikma said:

If Friki is wrong.

You might have noticed that I said at the end of that paragraph: "And again, it [that Friki's info is wrong] is only a possibility". You asked a question about that possibility from my previous post, I was merely answering.

2 hours ago, nikma said:

Smokescreen for the fandom to protect real spoilers? But what real spoilers? There is nothing that can happen in the last season that could be bigger than this.

Famous last words when it comes to GoT, if you ask me. It can always be bigger.

Moreover and imo, give via a returning Lads, for example, a "certainty" that Jon/Dany will sit on the throne, which the most "predictable" ending according to many, and see the fandom explode anyway. Everything pertaining to the endgame of the main characters (and Tyrion is "a" favorite, not "the" favorite) is going to be huge anyway because it will be final.

Edit: I answered "why those leaks and not Javi's for example" in my previous post. Because Friki has a better track record, meaning more credibility, meaning a bigger part of the fandom ready to believe his word and it serves better the purpose below.

2 hours ago, nikma said:

To be honest, I don't really know why would HBO care that much about leaks.

Me either, but they care enough to have tightened their NDAs, the secrecy around the scripts,  security when filming and let's not forget how security tried to scare away one of the guys who sneaked on set to take pictures, in NI. Or how WOTW pretended the guy was just another fleaker whereas they knew he's legit since they bought pictures from him in S6.

2 hours ago, nikma said:

Because there is no point in making 1% of your watchers believe in something that will never happen. And if they wanted to convince the fandom that Tyrion will die, they failed, since a lot of people don't believe in that still, as you can see even here. If they want us to think that Tyrion will die they would create real "spoilers" like we had last year, fake scripts, maybe even fake pictures from set.

It would ask efforts and money to create fake scripts and pictures, whereas it doesn't cost anything to throw the fandom in for a loop by using a theory by a known leaker.

The point isn't that everybody believes the spoiler about Tyrion. Lads leaks were doubted until airing, in spite of filming spoilers confirming many of his info, R+L=J is now canon by show and some people still deny it; so it would be ridiculous to expect a consensus especially without proof. The point is to muddle the waters so that no one knows where is the truth anymore. Like this, if leaks slip through the security net, they won't have more credibility than fleaks. 

I've always said that after tightening their security, it's the farther I'd easily believe HBO would go against leakers and they probably wouldn't bother or need to bother beyond it.

Although it seems that HBO went farther and there were fake pictures from set since according to Friki himself, they invited in Italica a bunch of actors who wouldn't film; including Faye Marsay who was snapped with her hair done as if she was going to don a wig. There were also the WTF scenes between Kit and Lena in Dubrovnik, filmed in front of all the papparazzi in spite of the secrecy shrouding S8.

Friki could be right. Friki could be wrong. HBO and P.Dinklage could prepare the audience to Tyrion's death. They could have fun with a fleak.  I don't know. I just speculate about different options. I have no money, nor would I bet a cent, on any of them.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Eyes High said:

There are "seeds" for a lot of things that may or may not end up happening, though. There were "seeds" for Sansa betraying Jon in Season 6, even an ambiguous look of much the same nature as Tyrion's ambiguous look in Season 7, but Sansa never followed through on betraying Jon (as much as she was tempted), and if that "seed" never resulted in anything substantial, why would the supposed "seeds" in Season 7 for Tyrion's betrayal?

What makes you think she was tempted  ?

• Love 2

Maybe Peter Dinklage does not care or is unhappy with Tyrion's fate or maybe he doesn't feel the need to be discrete because no one will believe him, but I think that he is being forthright about what happens to Tyrion. I don't even think that he is talking in code. 

I wondered about Peter Dinklage's comments about his final day. At first, I thought that he was referring to Seville, but then he said that people came to the set even if they were not filming which makes me think that his final scenes were filmed in Belfast. I have no clue what that means.

If Peter was referring to Sophie as the upset actor, I don't think that means Sansa dies. It is very possible that Sophie's last scene was in Seville at Tyrion's trial. 

If Tyrion dies being considered a traitor, this is my prediction for how it could happen. In the books Pycelle tells Jaime the story of Quenton Hightower:

". . . I was a boy in Oldtown when the grey plague took half the city and three-quarters of the Citadel. Lord Hightower burned every ship in port, closed the gates, and commanded his guards to slay all those who tried to flee, be they men, women, or babes in arms. They killed him when the plague had run its course. On the very day he reopened the port, they dragged him from his horse and slit his throat, and his young son's as well. To this day the ignorant in Oldtown will spit at the sound of his name, but Quenton Hightower did what was needed. Your father was that sort of man as well. A man who did what was needed."

And who is Tywin writ small...

I think Tyrion will be in or near King's Landing while there's an inferno raging (or the threat of an inferno) while the undead are trying to claw their way inside. If the betrayal in the show is because of his family, then perhaps he helps Cersei escape at the expense of someone else. Then he'll close the city gates trapping everyone inside thinking it's better for a million to die in a fire than to become undead zombies. (Or he'll close the gates after the undead are inside preventing anyone or anything from leaving.) Like Quenton Hightower he'll be reviled and executed for it.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

You might have noticed that I said at the end of that paragraph: "And again, it [that Friki's info is wrong] is only a possibility". You asked a question about that possibility from my previous post, I was merely answering.

Famous last words when it comes to GoT, if you ask me. It can always be bigger.

Moreover and imo, give via a returning Lads, for example, a "certainty" that Jon/Dany will sit on the throne, which the most "predictable" ending according to many, and see the fandom explode anyway. Everything pertaining to the endgame of the main characters (and Tyrion is "a" favorite, not "the" favorite) is going to be huge anyway because it will be final.

Edit: I answered "why those leaks and not Javi's for example" in my previous post. Because Friki has a better track record, meaning more credibility, meaning a bigger part of the fandom ready to believe his word and it serves better the purpose below.

Me either, but they care enough to have tightened their NDAs, the secrecy around the scripts,  security when filming and let's not forget how security tried to scare away one of the guys who sneaked on set to take pictures, in NI. Or how WOTW pretended the guy was just another fleaker whereas they knew he's legit since they bought pictures from him in S6.

It would ask efforts and money to create fake scripts and pictures, whereas it doesn't cost anything to throw the fandom in for a loop by using a theory by a known leaker.

The point isn't that everybody believes the spoiler about Tyrion. Lads leaks were doubted until airing, in spite of filming spoilers confirming many of his info, R+L=J is now canon by show and some people still deny it; so it would be ridiculous to expect a consensus especially without proof. The point is to muddle the waters so that no one knows where is the truth anymore. Like this, if leaks slip through the security net, they won't have more credibility than fleaks. 

I've always said that after tightening their security, it's the farther I'd easily believe HBO would go against leakers and they probably wouldn't bother or need to bother beyond it.

Although it seems that HBO went farther and there were fake pictures from set since according to Friki himself, they invited in Italica a bunch of actors who wouldn't film; including Faye Marsay who was snapped with her hair done as if she was going to don a wig. There were also the WTF scenes between Kit and Lena in Dubrovnik, filmed in front of all the papparazzi in spite of the secrecy shrouding S8.

Friki could be right. Friki could be wrong. HBO and P.Dinklage could prepare the audience to Tyrion's death. They could have fun with a fleak.  I don't know. I just speculate about different options. I have no money, nor would I bet a cent, on any of them.

When it comes to this we are on a territory of belief. I don't believe that HBO would create fake leaks because there is no point in fooling 1% of your audience and if they really want to create fake leaks they would already do that, for this season or seasons in the past.

The fact that they are talking about Tyrion's death now IMO either means that they want to prepare fans for that or they want to discredit Friki, which seems they succeded with a lot of people. If Friki's leaks were completely fake they would just ignore them. It's not like everyone trusted him. And I think now he has even less people trusting him, after these interviews. So if their goal was to discredit him they succeded.

I don't think HBO did anything to make Friki more trustworthy. If they wanted people to trust him they would create "evidence", not joke about his leaks.

Since Peter mentioned Tyrion's death now a lot of fans think there is no way that could happen. And it seems that's what they want. The moment they started mentioning Tyrion's death I was almpst sure Friki was right, because for me that was the typical example of "reverse psychology".

(edited)
8 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Maybe Peter Dinklage does not care or is unhappy with Tyrion's fate or maybe he doesn't feel the need to be discrete because no one will believe him, but I think that he is being forthright about what happens to Tyrion. I don't even think that he is talking in code. 

I wondered about Peter Dinklage's comments about his final day. At first, I thought that he was referring to Seville, but then he said that people came to the set even if they were not filming which makes me think that his final scenes were filmed in Belfast. I have no clue what that means.

I think you’re mistaken about Peter Dinklage, but I’ve said my piece about that, and I guess we’ll see.

I have no idea where Tyrion’s final scenes of the series were filmed, but Peter Dinklage filmed his final scenes in Belfast in mid-July. He may have finished around the same time as Maisie, who posted her farewell message on IG on July 7th, or maybe the following week.

In terms of who finished when, the order for those we know about seems to be roughly as follows:

By May 31: Joe, Sophie, Hannah Murray 

By June 15th: NCW, Nathalie Emmanuel

By June 30th: Emilia

By July 15th: Peter, Maisie

...And I don’t know about the rest, except that Lena, Liam, Thor and Rory were still filming in June, and Kit filmed into July.

9 hours ago, GrailKing said:

What makes you think she was tempted  ?

Season 7 outlines spell it out.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

What is the basis of believing that Peter finished filming in Belfast? Was it because he was spotted in Belfast?

I ask because Peter has a house in Belfast so spotting him in Belfast is not necessarily evidence of his filming there.

(edited)
1 hour ago, MrsR said:

What is the basis of believing that Peter finished filming in Belfast? Was it because he was spotted in Belfast?

I ask because Peter has a house in Belfast so spotting him in Belfast is not necessarily evidence of his filming there.

No, because he said in a recent NPR interview that he finished filming in mid-July, and the last non-Belfast location shoot was in May (in Seville), ergo if he finished filming in mid-July, he must have finished filming in Belfast. The only non-Northern Ireland location shoots for Season 8 that we know of were Iceland (February, with Kit and Emilia), Dubrovnik (February, with a number of actors), and Seville (May, with a number of actors). There was of course filming at Corbet and some other Northern Ireland locations (the Magheramorne quarry), but that was all wrapped well before July as far as we know.

Peter Dinklage could be lying about finishing filming in mid-July, of course, but by that token, everyone who claimed to finish at X time could be lying: Sophie (claimed to finish filming in Seville), Joe (same), Maisie (posted a farewell message on IG on July 7th), Nathalie (posted a farewell message on IG in mid-June), NCW (told an interviewer he would finish filming by June 8th), etc. 

Maisie posted her farewell message (with the bloody shoes) on Saturday, July 7th. Her stunt double had been abroad for a week (and a number of the stunt doubles finished the week of June 25th, including Maisie's, so whatever Maisie's last scenes were, they weren't stunt scenes. It seems possible, maybe even likely, that Maisie's last scene filmed was a scene with Peter, and that the emotional last scene Peter was describing in the Vulture interview regarding one of the actors/actresses who grew up on the show was Maisie's. (It would be weird for him to be so moved by Maisie's last scene and not Sophie's, considering Maisie and Sophie are quite close in age, he seems to have been present for Sophie's last scene as well, he had never shared a scene with Maisie prior to Season 8, and he had filmed multiple scenes with Sophie when she was younger for Season 2, 3, and 4.)

Peter said in the NPR interview that he finished in mid-July, and Maisie finished filming the first week of July, so I guess Peter filmed for another week after Maisie left...? Or else he's fudging the dates. It seems from the way Peter was talking about the young person's last day on set that it wasn't his last day as well, so it seems like it could be two separate scenes.

I'm very curious as to when Kit and Liam finished shooting (leaving aside reshoots). Liam was still going strong as of Kit's wedding in late June, and we know Kit was filming into July (leaving aside reshoots, again).

I'm also curious as to what sort of scenes were being filmed in those July weeks that didn't involve stunts (since the stunt folks had gone home, and Maisie's stunt double was done) or crowd scenes. It seems like they were interior scenes filmed with Maisie, Peter, Kit, Liam (possibly), as well as others we don't know about whose wrapping dates we don't know. I always thought the bulk of the interior scenes were filmed pretty early on in the GOT filming schedule, which is why Sophie in certain past seasons has wrapped very early compared to the other actors (since most of Sansa's scenes are usually interior scenes).

If they weren't filming action scenes or the big crowd scenes and were filming interior scenes, why wait until the very end of filming to film them? We know that for GOT some of the most emotional scenes wind up getting filmed first (Littlefinger's execution for S7, e.g.), so I'm wondering why that last week or two weeks of scenes were saved until the end. David Nutter (8x01, 8x02 and 8x04) finished filming in May, so whatever these July scenes are, they're from 8x03, 8x05 or 8x06.

ETA:

Just as a point of reference for actors' self-reported ending dates, here's what we have:

Sophie, Joe: Seville (filming ended May 15th)

Nathalie: Week of June 4th (going off social media posts)

NCW: Week of June 4th (told interviewer he'd be finished GOT by the time of the Bogota Comicon, which was that weekend)

Emilia: Posts farewell message on IG on June 17th

[Stunt doubles wrap up the week of Monday, June 25th]

Kit: tells BBC Radio 2 that he wrapped on Thursday, July 5th

Maisie: Posts farewell message on Saturday, July 7th (but since they don't usually film on weekends, it's more likely July 6th at the latest)

Peter: tells NPR he finished filming in "mid-July", but it seems more likely that he wrapped the same week as Kit and Maisie

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GrailKing said:

Well it's not how I interpreted that season.

Who wrote the outlines?

With all due respect you never seem to interpret anything negative about Sansa, ever. Which I understand, cause we all have our favorites . 

In regards to who wrote the outlines, I’m gonna take a wild stab and say the writers ?

ETA:: I’m legitimately not trying to be rude ?

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Just as a point of reference for actors' self-reported ending dates, here's what we have:

Sophie, Joe: Seville (filming ended May 15th)

Nathalie: Week of June 4th (going off social media posts)

NCW: Week of June 4th (told interviewer he'd be finished GOT by the time of the Bogota Comicon, which was that weekend)

Emilia: Posts farewell message on IG on June 17th

[Stunt doubles wrap up the week of Monday, June 25th]

Kit: tells BBC Radio 2 that he wrapped on Thursday, July 5th

Maisie: Posts farewell message on Saturday, July 7th (but since they don't usually film on weekends, it's more likely July 6th at the latest)

Peter: tells NPR he finished filming in "mid-July", but it seems more likely that he wrapped the same week as Kit and Maisie

While Sophie wrapped the whole of Game of Thrones in Seville by May 15th, she also most probably wrapped in Belfast by late March or early April as per fan sightings of her in Belfast and her traveling around with her fiance. The last scene she filmed - we are not sure if this in Spain or Belfast since she wrapped twice - involved all the cast members and was the same scene shot over 5 days.

Isaac was also hanging around with NCW and Gwen around June 4th-6th in Belfast. There were instagram pictures of all three of them wearing a T-shirt for charity.

John Bradley and Conleth Hill were hanging around with Emilia in Belfast around the time she wrapped about June 17th.

Kit wrapped a couple days before Maisie and she mentions being the last woman standing on July 7th. Peter mentions mid July as his final date. So yes, Kit, Maisie and Peter probably filmed that week while everyone else was done. The last director standing was also Sapochnik - so whatever Kit, Maisie and Peter were filming for was probably for episode 5. I am pretty sure that episode 5, being the final penultimate episode of the series will be where all the amazing things happen. And a lot of episode six is going to be the denouement.

With regards to Tyrion, I don't think Peter Dinklage is being a troll for HBO. In interviews, especially like the one he gives NPR, he seems to be very frank in his assessments and honest about what he is saying. There is a sudden spate of Peter Dinklage interviews because he is promoting a movie he is in, has produced and likes very much. And some of the things he says looks like he will have a story about himself next season. Like:

"There's some moments that my character has this past season where he has to face some things about himself that he probably didn't want to"

And as per Bryan Cogman, we will be exploring Tyrion and his connection to his family lots more next season, and Cogman confirmed that Tyrion still has a bond with both his sister and brother and then we have this from Peter in his Vulture interview:

But to go back to the character question: Now that your work with Tyrion is done, what’s your perspective on his trajectory?
He certainly developed a deeper sense of responsibility over the course of the show. He was a pretty irresponsible character to begin with. He used his position as the outcast of his family like an adolescent would. He pushed it in their [the Lannisters’] faces. The beauty of Tyrion is that he grew out of that mode in a couple of seasons and developed a strong sense of responsibility. Not morality, because he always had that, but what to do with his intelligence.

So as per Peter, Tyrion still has the same sense of morality - so it does not look like he does anything wholly bad. At the same time, Peter seems to be indicating here that Tyrion was wrong to go against his family in the earlier seasons. Maybe him becoming more responsible and using his intelligence for the betterment of house Lannister - like Tywin - is what he is talking about here? As @GreyBunny points out above, Tyrion is most like the man who he despised and who despised him. And maybe that's the thing about himself he has to face - that he can be as ruthless as Tywin when it comes to his family.

I don't think Tyrion will die at the end either. I think he will in some way go against Jon, Dany and the Starks. But it will not end in his death. Maybe like Lann the Clever, Tyrion will manage to outwit everyone and survives the series. Maybe everyone thinks he is dead, but he is not - like Rand al'Thor in Wheel of Time.

And as I have mentioned before, Bran and Sam being in the dragonpit scenes raises the possibility of characters being there who could be part of a vision of the past. Like Bran telling Sam about Jon's parentage cut with scenes of Rhaegar and Lyanna getting married.  Bran could be seeing something happening in the dragonpit. But Friki seems to be very certain that a trial was filmed there with the Starks, Sam, Brienne, Davos and Yara. Like why Yara? What's the connection there. If it was a great council then Edmure, Gendry, and some Dorne representative should also be there. Joe was there and someone who looked like Tobias Menzies was spotted at the airport. But Friki insists it was just Yara and some guy he could not identify. It's all so strange.  Friki talks like he is very certain of his information - he is 100% certain that Joe Dempsie did not film. But from Joe's talk at con of thrones, he did film. And wrap with several other actors in Seville.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, anamika said:

While Sophie wrapped the whole of Game of Thrones in Seville by May 15th, she also most probably wrapped in Belfast by late March or early April as per fan sightings of her in Belfast and her traveling around with her fiance. The last scene she filmed - we are not sure if this in Spain or Belfast since she wrapped twice - involved all the cast members and was the same scene shot over 5 days.

Isaac was also hanging around with NCW and Gwen around June 4th-6th in Belfast. There were instagram pictures of all three of them wearing a T-shirt for charity.

John Bradley and Conleth Hill were hanging around with Emilia in Belfast around the time she wrapped about June 17th.

Kit wrapped a couple days before Maisie and she mentions being the last woman standing on July 7th. Peter mentions mid July as his final date. So yes, Kit, Maisie and Peter probably filmed that week while everyone else was done. The last director standing was also Sapochnik - so whatever Kit, Maisie and Peter were filming for was probably for episode 5. I am pretty sure that episode 5, being the final penultimate episode of the series will be where all the amazing things happen. And a lot of episode six is going to be the denouement.

(...)

And as I have mentioned before, Bran and Sam being in the dragonpit scenes raises the possibility of characters being there who could be part of a vision of the past. Like Bran telling Sam about Jon's parentage cut with scenes of Rhaegar and Lyanna getting married.  Bran could be seeing something happening in the dragonpit. But Friki seems to be very certain that a trial was filmed there with the Starks, Sam, Brienne, Davos and Yara. Like why Yara? What's the connection there. If it was a great council then Edmure, Gendry, and some Dorne representative should also be there. Joe was there and someone who looked like Tobias Menzies was spotted at the airport. But Friki insists it was just Yara and some guy he could not identify. It's all so strange.  Friki talks like he is very certain of his information - he is 100% certain that Joe Dempsie did not film. But from Joe's talk at con of thrones, he did film. And wrap with several other actors in Seville.

Sophie really wasn’t in Belfast all that much after January, but yes, she was there briefly in April, which is probably when she wrapped in Belfast. Live or die, Sansa’s going to spend most of S8 indoors.

I didn’t mention Isaac, Conleth, Pilou, etc. because they haven’t said anything about when they wrapped, and they could have been doing ADR for all I know. It seems likely that Gwen wrapped the same week as NCW, given her presence in Belfast when he finished, but she hasn’t said anything about when she wrapped as far as I know. 

While the bulk of the KL set exterior filming probably represents 8x05, it seems likely that there’s some 8x06 material as well. They’re not going to spend all of 8x06 indoors, and we know that there were scenes filmed with and without the burnt-out dome.

There was smoke seen rising from the set on Kit and Maisie’s last days (Thursday and Friday, respectively), for whatever that’s worth. Liam may have wrapped the same week as Kit and Maisie, so his last scene would have been that week as well.

Maybe Maisie’s last scene was Arya tending to the wounded in a burnt-out KL? It would  explain all the blood on Maisie’s shoes (and I don’t think she would have posted a photo of the shoes if the blood was Arya’s).

I have no idea about the Tobias Menzies/Joe Dempsie/Gemma Whelan thing in relation to Friki’s information. We’ll have to wait and see.

...Whatever happens with Tyrion, at least two out of the three remaining Lannisters are probably dying in Season 8, and I am going to miss them. Lena and NCW have really been note-perfect in their roles. I remember all the fan complaints when they were cast—Lena wasn’t beautiful enough, NCW had a busted-looking nose, etc.—but I couldn’t think of anyone better suited after seeing them in their roles in Season 1, and I still can’t.

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Maybe Maisie’s last scene was Arya tending to the wounded in a burnt-out KL? It would  explain all the blood on Maisie’s shoes (and I don’t think she would have posted a photo of the shoes if the blood was Arya’s).

Yeah, I think whatever Kit, Peter and Maisie filmed had something to do with scenes on the streets of KL. I don't think Liam was there for their last week.

Maisie's new interview in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2018/oct/17/game-of-thrones-maisie-williams-interview-marvel

“I got to the end and I didn’t want more. I had exhausted every possible piece of Arya. And this season was quite big for me. I had a lot more to do.” Then, in case anyone thinks she’s giving too much away about the tightly guarded ending, she adds: “Mainly because there’s just less characters now, so everyone’s got more to do.”

She will say, however, that her final scene was “beautiful. I ended on the perfect scene. I was alone – shocker! Arya’s always bloody alone. But I was alone and I had watched a lot of other people wrap. I knew the drill, I had seen the tears and heard the speeches.” How was her own speech? “It wasn’t something I planned, but in that moment I realised what the show meant to me.” She went off to her trailer for a little while, to be alone, then they went for a fancy meal. “And drank a lot of sake.”

So apparently the last scene she filmed was a perfect scene - and she really was the last one standing.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
Just now, anamika said:

Yeah, I think whatever Kit, Peter and Maisie filmed had something to do with battle scenes on the streets of KL. I don't think Liam was there for their last week.

Maisie's new interview in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2018/oct/17/game-of-thrones-maisie-williams-interview-marvel

"Arya's always bloody alone." Ouch.

It wasn't battle scenes, since all the stunt doubles left before the last week of filming.

I just went back over the posts around the last week of filming and saw that Peter Dinklage was seen at LAX on Wednesday, July 4th and was spotted at the Dublin airport in the afternoon of July 5th (arriving...?), which was Kit's last day of filming. Maisie's last day on set was July 6th, so Peter could have been present for it. Of course, if Peter Dinklage was at LAX in the middle of that week, it begs the question of whether he filmed anything that last week at all. On the other hand, he must have been back in Ireland to do something related to the show, but it sounds like Maisie's last scene as Arya was alone judging from the quote, so Tyrion wasn't a part of it, so what was Peter Dinklage back in Ireland for if not to film anything? Filming finished that week, right? So why would Peter be back in Ireland a day before filming wrapped for a scene which didn't involve him? And why would he say that he finished filming in mid-July if filming finished the first week of July? Reshoots, maybe?

1 minute ago, Eyes High said:

"Arya's always bloody alone." Ouch.

It wasn't battle scenes, since all the stunt doubles left before the last week of filming.

Yeah. I don't think it was a battle scene either. Maisie describes it as  'ending on a perfect scene' and I think that would have been a character moment for Arya. So maybe it was about her tending the wounded and helping the KL smallfolk.

4 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

On the other hand, he must have been back in Ireland to do something related to the show, but it sounds like Maisie's last scene as Arya was alone judging from the quote, so Tyrion wasn't a part of it, so what was Peter Dinklage back in Ireland for if not to film anything?

Maybe he wanted to be there for Maisie's last scene when she wrapped. As Peter mentions in the Vulture interview:

It’s always anticlimactic for the character’s last day. Nothing is shot chronologically, so you don’t get some big mountaintop scene or anything. It’s just, “That’s a wrap on Peter Dinklage.” But as anticlimactic as it was, my last day was also beautifully bittersweet. A lot of people whom I love were on set that day. Even if they weren’t working, they came to set, which was beautiful. I tried to do the same thing when other [Game of Thrones] actors were wrapping out. If it was their day, you would go to set to say good-bye.

It could be the same reason for why Kit was in Seville and visited the filming site for a few hours when the actors were winding up in the evening. Maybe he wanted to be there when Sophie was wrapping.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, anamika said:

Yeah. I don't think it was a battle scene either. Maisie describes it as  'ending on a perfect scene' and I think that would have been a character moment for Arya. So maybe it was about her tending the wounded and helping the KL smallfolk.

I thought that, too. It would explain the blood on Maisie's shoes, and it would be a nice character moment for Arya, as you say.

Maybe he wanted to be there for Maisie's last scene when she wrapped. As Peter mentions in the Vulture interview:

Yes, could be, although it still doesn't explain his statement about finishing in the middle of July (unless he's referring to reshoots, ADR, etc.).

It could be the same reason for why Kit was in Seville and visited the filming site for a few hours when the actors were winding up in the evening. Maybe he wanted to be there when Sophie was wrapping.

Possible, although it wouldn't explain why Kit's double was in Seville.

Edited by Eyes High
9 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Yes, could be, although it still doesn't explain his statement about finishing in the middle of July (unless he's referring to reshoots, ADR, etc.).

Could be what happened. He gets to Belfast for Maisie's wrap and then stays on for possible reshoots or ADR till mid july. Sapochnik finished on July 12th.

So it could be just Kit and Maisie filming that last week.

9 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Possible, although it wouldn't explain why Kit's double was in Seville.

Forgot about Kit's double. Maybe he was just there for some fun! Kit seems to have been filming in Belfast without him while he was enjoying himself in Seville.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, anamika said:

Could be what happened. He gets to Belfast for Maisie's wrap and then stays on for possible reshoots or ADR till mid july. Sapochnik finished on July 12th.

Forgot about Kit's double. Maybe he was just there for some fun! Kit seems to have been filming in Belfast without him while he was enjoying himself in Seville.

Yeah, it's been suggested that the extras were there for something related to the documentary, so maybe that's why Kit's double was there.

I do like the idea of Kit coming to Seville just for Sophie's last day, though. Very sweet.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Eyes High said:

Yeah, it's been suggested that the extras were there for something related to the documentary, so maybe that's why Kit's double was there.

I do like the idea of Kit coming to Seville just for Sophie's last day, though. Very sweet.

Yeah, they all seem very close.

This was mentioned on the Reddit thread discussing Miguel Sapochnik wrapping by [deleted]. Not sure of it's accuracy, but here it is:

That's the point, the filming with Maise in the last week are for a huge scene of the episode 5, which required at least a month of preparation

Seems like a hell of a scene! Any other info you have hidden there? Other actors involved? Episode? I´m assuming 5...

Episodio 5 for sure. I don't know about other actors's direct involvement, just Maise for now

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/8yduk4/miguel_sapochnik_has_wrapped_today/

Seems to sort of align with Maisie's statement of being alone for whatever scenes she was filming...

17 hours ago, GraceK said:

With all due respect you never seem to interpret anything negative about Sansa, ever. Which I understand, cause we all have our favorites . 

In regards to who wrote the outlines, I’m gonna take a wild stab and say the writers ?

ETA:: I’m legitimately not trying to be rude ?

when it's negative, I'll say it's negative.

I don't think she's tempted for power.

Safety, home and family yes, power for power sake like Cersei no.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Scenarios of Arya alone: She is standing overlooking the rebuilding Winterfell or she is contemplating leaving Westeros.

The scene Maisie was referencing was her last scene as Arya, which was almost certainly from 8x05, not Arya's last scene of the series (which I assume will be in 8x06), and it seems to have taken place in the KL exterior set (judging from the photos of smoke rising from the KL exterior set the day Maisie wrapped).

With all that said, assuming you meant Arya's last scene and not Maisie's, it is entirely possible that Arya's last scene of GOT in 8x06 has Arya overlooking the rebuilding of Winterfell or leaving Westeros. If Maisie had a "leaving Westeros for good" scene, I suspect it would be filmed the way they filmed Arya's last scene in 4x10, where she sets sail for Braavos.

I wouldn't be surprised if the denouement in 8x06 had someone leaving on or arriving from a trip, whether it involved leaving Westeros or not, since I suspect the scene set up at the pier in Dubrovnik, where we never saw actual filming, was for Dany's last scene in the show as that Architectural Digest article claimed. That doesn't mean it's Dany who's leaving, necessarily; it could be a scene where Jon, Dany, etc. welcome someone to KL as well.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1