Type keyword(s) to search

Big & Little - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Series premiere.  Little people suffering from morbid obesity embark on a weight loss h=journey led by fitness guru and fellow little person, Allison Warrell.

We are starting this topic here until we can get a forum created for this show.  Post away!  

** Confirmed this was a two-part special, not a series.  Moving to Specials forum. 

Watching this makes me realize that I can get up and exercise. I have a herniated disc in my back and it acts up from time to time, and I use that as an excuse to not exercise even though exercise is what I need to make it feel better. 

Ayanna and Chuck have more of a challenge when exercising and they can do it.

• Love 3

I did enjoy  it. They both  are working  hard,  are honest  about  how much  they hurt, but keep on working. Yes, makes  me think if they can  do it so can I.and when they say it is hard work  they ARE working  hard. I do wonder  if they are overdoing  it, it seems like it would  be damaging  there joints ,  but I know nothing  about  working  out like this.

• Love 1

Oh gawd, this thread title just about made me cackle like a fool, and I am trying not to wake up my snoozing spouse. 

When I was a kid, we had a short and very obese next-door neighbor and my dad said it was easier to step over her than walk around her. I hope my dad is not frying in hell. 

PS, I loved "sweat is your fat crying."

• Love 3

That trainer was no joke! She was taking no nonsense off those two that's for sure! I thought she was a tad mean for me, but they seemed to roll with it. I loved both of the participants, they were willing to work hard and do what they needed to make it work.

I want to do that water tank and find out how much fat I really have! Kinda

• Love 3
(edited)

OMG!!! How did I miss this thread??? Thanks to the mods for creating this! Okay... back to the top to do some reading! 

Definitely more likable and serious about their health than a lot of the M600PL folks. I would LOVE to see Twit from MBFFL do the water tank to see what her % fat is. It was sad to hear Ayanna (sp?) talk about not dating because most people didn't want to date a LP and how she dropped out of nursing school because she realized she couldn't turn a patient by herself. That just broke my heart! She should have stuck with it! Where is Twit's NoBS empowerment when it's really needed? She seemed so sweet but really needs a boost of confidence too! Chuck was a cutie! I hope they both keep at it and reach their goals! And that trainer chick! Dang! She tough and not a little bit scary. I have a feeling if she tried to train me it would not end well. I'm picturing her standing on my back jumping up and down telling me to do another push up and quit making excuses while I cried like a little girl. 

Edited by Maggienolia
  • Love 1

Thanks, but can we just have an all-episode thread.?  People says it's a 2-part docu-series.
I'm rooting for both of them, but wonder if Chuck's knees really are up to what she's having him to.   From the preview, looks like he has some problem next time.
Ayanna seems so sad, and I hope her life gets better, and she can have the family she wants.
We didn't see much of what they could eat, but did they always get the prepared meals?

I thought both Chuck and Ayanna were awesome. They seemed to be approaching this from a very honest place of acknowledging how their weight will affect their health, mobility, and independence. I felt for Ayanna about her fear of the water. With her being a little person, being in water might seem more threatening than to someone with average-size limbs. 

The trainer is terrific too! I'm glad they got someone who will be able to relate to the mobility struggles these two will be facing. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

how she dropped out of nursing school because she realized she couldn't turn a patient by herself. That just broke my heart! She should have stuck with it!

I thought about Dr Jen when she said that.  I wish she would have stuck with it too

• Love 5
6 hours ago, gigiann said:

I thought about Dr Jen when she said that.  I wish she would have stuck with it too

I knew I had someone in mind who was a little person in the medical field! Yes, Dr Jen!  If they admitted Ayanna to nursing school, they must have realized she'd have some limitations. Shoot, I had breast reduction done by a surgeon who was a short Italian guy who used a step stool. Didn't make him any less of a surgeon tho (it was all I could do not to walk down Market St in Philly with my shirt over my head, to show everyone his work).  I hope she goes back to school, it was a shame to see her reduced to being a baby sitter while everyone else was enjoying life. Maybe she could go back for health admin where her physical limitations wouldn't be so much of an issue.

• Love 3

I think she said she couldn't roll a patient over, but if she was working with infants and children, that shouldn't be an issue.
If they had let her enroll, they must have thought she could handle the work.  I wonder how far she got, and how long it would take to catch up.