Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

Finally got to watch the last three episodes. I love this show! So much going on, and so much adding up. Great acting and storytelling.

Did the gangster who killed Eliza the first time say his name was Enslow Cole?? He says his name twice (since the scene repeats twice) and I swear that's what I heard both times.

And after my question in the earlier episodes was where everyone got their period costumes from, my question this time is where one finds such a perfect looking strawberry in an apocalyptic shelter? (Jennifer's turtle bait)

13 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Finally got to watch the last three episodes. I love this show! So much going on, and so much adding up. Great acting and storytelling.

Did the gangster who killed Eliza the first time say his name was Enslow Cole?? He says his name twice (since the scene repeats twice) and I swear that's what I heard both times.

And after my question in the earlier episodes was where everyone got their period costumes from, my question this time is where one finds such a perfect looking strawberry in an apocalyptic shelter? (Jennifer's turtle bait)

According to closed captioning, it's Enslow Carver. Thankfully. We still need to sort out Cole's mom, I don't think there's time for many more twists in the family tree.

Good catch with the strawberry. I just saw it and thought, "Mmmmm, strawberry." Maybe Jones had the foresight to build hydroponic gardens since scavenging really seems to shorten lifespans?

• Love 1
On 5/22/2017 at 0:24 PM, CrystalMoon said:

Does anyone else think she is Cole's mother?

I've always felt that Jennifer and Cole seem like siblings (despite the one kiss) so I won't be surprised to find that turns out to be the case.

I hope Jennifer isn't Coles mother. Just no. 

Random nitpick (and feel free to correct me if you've seen the episode more recently then I have): I honestly thought Coles father told Cassie that he loved someone named Jackie, not Marion. Again, I might be remembering it wrong.

I think she is related to the Madeline Stowe character. 

re: strawberry. I am sure time travelling is also the perfect smuggling ring and luxury items go back and forth a lot.

45 minutes ago, aliferous85 said:

Random nitpick (and feel free to correct me if you've seen the episode more recently then I have): I honestly thought Coles father told Cassie that he loved someone named Jackie, not Marion.

I don't know if he ever mentioned a Jackie, but the mother's name was definitely Marion when he talked to Cassie about her in season one (when she and Jones came to get young Cole).

• Love 1

The 80s episode has to be my favorite of the entire show's run. So many great moments! The outfits, Jennifer, little Jennifer, all of it was awesome

On 5/26/2017 at 8:43 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

All right, since everyone else has brought up all the awesomeness of these episodes, I'm going to travel down a side path... Particularly after watching (the far inferior, but still fun) Timeless with their room full of props and costumes available for their time travelers, I really want to know where the 12 Monkeys folks get their era-appropriate garb. Frequently it's apparent that they travel back in their normal clothes... do they do some quick scavenging once they get to whenever they're going? Even if Jones has a big pile of money-- I could see how money wouldn't be necessary post-apocalypse and maybe she has a stash lying around-- it would be 2017-ish era money, which could hardly be used in the 1980's, '50's, '20's, etc. And in this last episode we saw Jennifer get into the splinter chair already dressed in her cute '50's outfit-- where the heck did it come from? 

Maybe at some point someone splintered back to 2015-ish and went on a shopping spree at a secondhand/ vintage clothing store? Maybe they do have their own Timeless-esque wardrobe room now? I know there's not the time/ space to explain all this on the show, but I'd still kind of like to know...

This has bothered me too but now I'm just kinda going with it. The seems to have appropriate era outfits everywhere they go. 

I feel like they usually arrive in their 2043 clothes and then find clothes in the time period they are. Most of the time, anyway. Like Cassie arriving in the 1940s in her skinny black jeans and getting funny looks from people.  

I too really enjoyed the dancing. I cracked up when Cassie talked about having a glass of water on top of your head and you can't move around otherwise the water would go everywhere. And their kiss was cute. I ship those two so much!

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Yes, but where do they "find" their clothes? Go steal off of laundry lines? Has Cole been picking pockets this whole time for money? Inquiring minds want to know!

I like the idea that Cole has been picking pockets all this time. Or getting clothes Kyle Reese style from Terminator.

Edited by bethy
Because it was Kyle, not his son, who stole clothes in the original Terminator
  • Love 2
(edited)

I guess they could still be pawning Jones' jewellery? It was a huge box, after all.

Cole just has wicked scamming and thieving skills. Pretty sure that's what keeps them clothed and fed for the most part. 

The facility also houses a grand amount of dark coloured women's clothing even though it appears Jones was the only female working there until recently.

I loved the 80's episode. It's a toss up between this one and episode 3.02 for season favourite.

That scene with Cassie in the cemetery broke my heart. I didn't care much for Cassie and her passive agressive whatever that was in season 2, but she was much redeemed with this scene. 

Edited by aliferous85
I have a lot of thoughts on this episode, there might be more edits ...
  • Love 1

I am not going to miss Ramse. You may run me off the board now. He was a good foil, and I didn't mind the character on the surface, but Ramse centric episodes have never been my favourite hours of tv. I think he was also struggling with having to share Cole with other people. But again, I think I might be biased.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, bethy said:

I like the idea that Cole has been picking pockets all this time. Or getting clothes Kyle Reese style from Terminator.

That's it!!!  Cole has a Kyle Reese vibe.  Love them both.

• Love 1

Finally finished the last three episodes. I did not know that James Callis was coming on, so that was a nice surprise and much needed to make me feel for Cassie and Cole's evil spawn, aka "the Witness that never was".

Overall, I liked this season although making Mistress Monotone the actual witness was a bit predictable once it turned out young Athan was getting a backstory and a love story.

Unfortunately, he seems to be dead and probably will stay dead, so now I only have Jennifer and Deacon to root for. And I do have a bit of sympathy left for Jones although that is mostly due to Barbara Sukowa's awesomeness.