Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Town Party - Country Party

The Ingalls girls attend Nellie's birthday party and then throw a party of their own but it's all overshadowed by Pa nailing some wood to a shoe and being hailed as a genius.

Bwahahaha, I haven't even listened yet and I'm already laughing. Pa was a genius and there was nothing he couldn't do. God help us when it comes time for the huge miracle pillar of healing for James.

• Love 1

I can't believe how I recognize each episode from the description, then it all comes back to me during the summary. I must have watched these shows a lot on repeat back when we only had 5 channels to choose from after school.
I hope we get a lot more random actors ("actors"?) popping up!

I love these so much. I haven't watched the show in years but it was such a huge part of my childhood to sit with my family and watch new episodes on NBC at 8 pm on Mondays. That fire episode at the blind school haunts me to this day.

I kind of want to hear the 'all roads should be bridges' treatise.

• Love 1

The Olga episode was one of my favorites and helped cement my childhood crush on Kim Richards, which is what makes Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, the only one I've watched, so depressing.

I never made the connection between Kim Richards and Kyle Richards (who played Edwards adopted daughter Alicia) until just now. It looks like both of them were in Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Little Olga is now my age, and I’m old, so it serves as a reminder to just how long ago this show was on the air. Also didn’t recognize her as the girl from Witch Mountain just from her little house appearance.

I could of swore that Olga also played a young Caroline in a flashback scene, but I only see one credit for her under little house?

In either event, I am digging these podcasts, and look forward to them every week.

can't wait for next week--I mean, who would leave Mr. Edwards in charge of your kids?

the "never seen again" aspect of so many characters annoyed me. I wish they had at least had these people show up in the background at some point.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, wanton87 said:

I never made the connection between Kim Richards and Kyle Richards (who played Edwards adopted daughter Alicia) until just now. It looks like both of them were in Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Little Olga is now my age, and I’m old, so it serves as a reminder to just how long ago this show was on the air. Also didn’t recognize her as the girl from Witch Mountain just from her little house appearance.

I could of swore that Olga also played a young Caroline in a flashback scene, but I only see one credit for her under little house?

In either event, I am digging these podcasts, and look forward to them every week.

Katy Kurtzman played Caroline in "I Remember, I Remember."  Katy and Kim did resemble each other when they were younger.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Zanzibar said:

Katy Kurtzman played Caroline in "I Remember, I Remember."  Katy and Kim did resemble each other when they were younger.

Thanks for the heads up Zanzibar. They must have looked somewhat alike to me to have confused the two of them. Then again, my Kim Richards aged mind might have just been playing tricks on me ?

5 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

can't wait for next week--I mean, who would leave Mr. Edwards in charge of your kids?

Yeah, imagine that. Following the children's spitting lessons, he sets off to repair your roof; with your 3 old in tow! No worries though, she’s in no danger from falling off the roof since he took the extra precaution of nailing her skirt to a shingle. You then get to spend the next few weeks scrubbing the smell of tobacco, BO, whiskey, and the many other signature scents of Edwards, off the walls, furniture, and children; good times ?

You're so right about the men on this show crying at the drop of a hat.  They cried almost as much as Mary.  Which is funny since book readers know that crying was the most shameful thing that you could do on the prairie.

On 5/10/2017 at 11:50 PM, wanton87 said:

Yeah, imagine that. Following the children's spitting lessons, he sets off to repair your roof; with your 3 old in tow! No worries though, she’s in no danger from falling off the roof since he took the extra precaution of nailing her skirt to a shingle. You then get to spend the next few weeks scrubbing the smell of tobacco, BO, whiskey, and the many other signature scents of Edwards, off the walls, furniture, and children; good times ?

Not to mention trying to repair the stupid skirt that has a giant nail hole in it, compliments of Mr. Edwards!  You know that Ma had to waste an entire evening darning it since fabric doesn't come cheap on the prairie.

• Love 3

I don't know why I love this episode so much but I do. 

You would think if Pa could figure out how to give Olga a wooden boot, he could figure out how to plant a successful crop.  

I guess once Olga could run and play, she ran the hell right on out of Walnut Grove since we never saw her again. 

Love that this is the first time we really see the interior of the Olesons' home and that Willie, always in that barbecue tablecloth shirt (wait until Peter arrives) is actually participating in a party full of girls. 

It's funny (in an ironic way) that a party (town or country) is what we would consider "playing after school" today, in this world of dog and pony birthday parties.

On 5/10/2017 at 8:24 PM, Zanzibar said:

Katy also played Anna, the little blonde girl with the stutter, in the episode where Laura, with so many options, steals a music box from Nellie's room.