Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Law & Boarder

NO.   You are not to ruin the wedding with the Mombatross.   Just NO.   

Not that the wedding is all that compelling anyway right now.   Oh gee, who will be Castle's best man?   Who should have been chosen MONTHS ago.   And remember the hissy fit Castle threw when he wasn't Ryan's best man?  way to recyle show.

• Love 1

I keep hoping some of the magic will return. But several episodes back when Beckett was worried about being one of those boring couples, I actually yelled at the screen "Too late, that ship has sailed"

Would someone explain to me why the show runners find it necessary to make Beckett better than Castle at everything? Even Scrabble? The writers I know would likely trounce me at Scrabble. Words are their business and tho' I'm bright and a reader, I would definitely be at a disadvantage. What, I ask for the umpteenth time, happened to the joyous, talented and sophisticated character that once was Castle?

• Love 2

I keep hoping some of the magic will return. But several episodes back when Beckett was worried about being one of those boring couples, I actually yelled at the screen "Too late, that ship has sailed"

Would someone explain to me why the show runners find it necessary to make Beckett better than Castle at everything? Even Scrabble? The writers I know would likely trounce me at Scrabble. Words are their business and tho' I'm bright and a reader, I would definitely be at a disadvantage. What, I ask for the umpteenth time, happened to the joyous, talented and sophisticated character that once was Castle?

If they wrote it that they played strip Scrabble, it would at least be plausible, and it would perhaps fix the boring couple a bit, but I'd rather have boring couple than a triangle any day.

Does no one who writes for this show have any idea about New York City neighborhoods? 833 West End Avenue (address writen on scrap of paper in dead scateboarder's pocket) is in the Upper West Side - no where near the West Village (where Becket said he was staying after looking at the scrap of paper)!

Perhaps Marlowe and Company should consult old L&O peeps - the very show the episode title riffs on - for pointers! (Yes, their addresses were also nonexistent, a lot, likely landing you in the Hudson River if one went to some of the addresses given, but the neighborhoods were usually right!)

Does no one who writes for this show have any idea about New York City neighborhoods? 833 West End Avenue (address writen on scrap of paper in dead scateboarder's pocket) is in the Upper West Side - no where near the West Village (where Becket said he was staying after looking at the scrap of paper)!

I was wondering about that.  I've only visited NY but I thought remembering seeing West End Ave in the Upper West.  When they said West Village, I thought maybe West Highway was meant.  Although I don't think anyone lives along there, at least in the West Village.

This episode was super boring. I ended up fast forwarding through most of the case and just watching the personal storylines, but even then, who's going to be the best man? Really? Unfortunately, despite how much I loved the show when I first started watching, my interest is starting wane. :-/

Usually I collect my thoughts before I post about an episode, but after this one I thought ehhhhh, is there anything to say about this? I mean, besides the fact that Beckett's curled ponytail looked fake.

The skateboarder mystery wasn't very interesting, but neither was the best man drama or the Scrabble crap. My issue was less that Kate was beating Castle than Kate being awesome at everything.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for smart girls with good vocabularies, but they try to make Kate seem like she's the best at everything which makes her seem more and more like a cliche fantasy than a real person.

Yeah that line about skate boarding was super irritating, it sounded so forced I winced and laughed, yet again it feels like with those moments the writers are trying to hit me over the head with the fact she's so amazing and extraordinary. The more they do it the more unreal it gets. It wouldn't be bad if they backed this up with some background showing where she acquired this knowledge but they don't it just gets flung in some casual line never to be spoken of again which makes it worse. Lazy and unnecessary.

The thing that annoys me is that in real life, I do know smart people with a variety of interests and you would never guess some of them. But with Kate, we never hear about any of these motorcyle rides or Scrabble expertise until it's used to say, "Look at Kate! She is a guy's guy AND a girlie girl! She likes stuff that you find sexy! And she's smart too!" But it's never an organic part of her personality or the plot or even the conversation. They drop all of these random things about her to suit the episode and then poof, it's like it never happened. I'm not saying that I need ongoing references to her being awesome at Scrabble, for example, but I agree that's exactly what makes it so lazy and unnecessary.

• Love 2
(edited)

But it's never an organic part of her personality or the plot or even the conversation. They drop all of these random things about her to suit the episode and then poof, it's like it never happened. I'm not saying that I need ongoing references to her being awesome at Scrabble, for example, but I agree that's exactly what makes it so lazy and unnecessary.

That's actually a pretty good description of the show as a whole.  There's no continuity at all.  And we never hear about anything that isn't related to the case anymore either.  We never see Caskett out on a date talking about something they are interested in and we never see Ryan or Esposito personal things unless it connects to the case (like Ryan's baby being born right by the fire he was in).

I guess the wedding talk wasn't case related, but that wasn't really personal either. 

Edited by KaveDweller